Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just because I like messing with y’all that are a bit older than me, I’ve never personally owned a CD player or CD’s. I went straight to the iPod nano as my first music player.
I had tapes where I only played one song over and over and annoyed my parents on road trips, then Sony CD player, and finally a creative brand MP3 player that could hold a whopping 13 songs ? bye bye for my middle school education thanks to that device

After that it was all iPods, iPhones and never looked back too
Sponsored

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another suggestion for music is Radio Paradise. It is free streaming at home or you can download the app, listen live or cache music for road trips. A few different genres to choose from and I cache a few thousand hours on my phone. Another option is Tidal. Subscription based at $10/mo. Download and make you own playlist and the benefit is you can opt to have recording quality digital music. Very high end quality that plays via Bluetooth to your high end stereo at home or play it in you rig. I will take the free 3 month Sirius that comes with the rig but I got rid of all my Sirius accounts. Some folks also use Spotify so that is also an option. Between this and my 6k songs on iTunes, no need for crappy Sirius and their out of control fees. All maps mentioned work with Apple Car Play so everything works seemless.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look for a cd player that can broadcast bluetooth. Nothing wrong with CD's.
Agreed. That's what the dash rail is for, devices. Mount one on top.

I'd just use an Aux cable but that's me

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now I feel old. @EvlNvrDys save a place for me at the craft table in the old folks home!
Let me know if you need help crossing the street:p
I had tapes where I only played one song over and over and annoyed my parents on road trips, then Sony CD player, and finally a creative brand MP3 player that could hold a whopping 13 songs ? bye bye for my middle school education thanks to that device

After that it was all iPods, iPhones and never looked back too
My parents were SUPER early iPod adopters, I think the 2nd generation was our first family iPod. (They still have one of the last generation “brick” iPods even now) such an awesome thing to have all that music... however gotta say Spotify is my favorite.
Agreed. That's what the dash rail is for, devices. Mount one on top.

I'd just use an Aux cable but that's me
I can see it now...
Ford Bronco CD Player 757774CA-E044-4B61-BE9B-7FE512999DED

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.....streaming services .....

With sync4 you can blue tooth either Android Auto or Apple Car Play to the Bronco screen where the music apps will magically appear. Just check to see which apps are compatible with your preferred AA or ACP
I'm anxious to see how the Sync4 works out.
Can it mirror my phones screen?
Having it show music apps would be awesome.
Having it show music folders I have stored on a usb drive would be handy.

I spent much of my early driving days during the 80's in my 67 Fairlane and a briefcase full of 60 cassettes in the back seat. Most I recorded off the radio when the stations would play the full albums during late night.
You youngsters have it too easy these days!

Last edited:

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shoot everyone saying don't text and drive never knew the skill it took to flip through one of these bad boys, grab the cd all the while holding the other cd to put in is place, while maintaining highway speed

421035_p_case_logic_nylon_cd_dvd_binder.jpeg

Disclaimer: I don't condone distracted driving
I remember this in college! LOL i had this thang in every car ?

I have a CD Player in my car right now but never use it! Bluetooth is all I ever use. I have SiriusXM on my phone and play it through Bluetooth and I also use Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music. You can get your whole library on Apple Music.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Metal head (and college rock- my parents shipped me to school) guy as well. I will be buying an iPod touch which will have all of my 6,000+ songs in my truck at all times. I have some credit card points which will drive the cost of the device way down (along with any black Friday deals). I am hoping that it will connect via Bluetooth or a USB/aux cord. Switching tech can suck (no one likes change) but the ease and convenience will probably be for the better. And then this might be playing out of the dealer lot when I pick my truck...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just because I like messing with y’all that are a bit older than me, I’ve never personally owned a CD player or CD’s. I went straight to the iPod nano as my first music player.
Not to 1 up you (or is it down/backward?), but the last ATM machine that I used was a MAC Machine. You probably have no idea what that is - the old souls that are reading this know what I'm referring to. If I was to guess the year, it was probably 1993.

Of course, I've still never used one of these infotainment systems. I still print directions from Google Maps which of course is a terrible distraction reading the directions as I'm driving around lost.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow. This post aged me right here. Lmaoooo

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't feel bad y'all I'm super sad to be losing a cd player. Only bc these road trips I go on. I lose service for everything. I don't pay for SAT anymore either. I'm in my red dirt country phase so my cd collection is all that!

I'm also getting the upgraded dash display I'd rather not have to have that messed up. I'm hoping to have someone maybe hook something up to the speakers from the back of the bronco. If not old school cd player and some double d batteries and let it rock from the passenger seat! ?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm anxious to see how the Sync4 works out.
Can it mirror my phones screen?
Having it show music apps would be awesome.
Having it show music folders I have stored on a usb drive would be handy.

I spent much of my early driving days during the 80' in my 67 Fairlane and a briefcase full of 60 cassettes in the back seat. Most I recorded off the radio when the stations would play the full albums during late night.
You youngsters have it too easy these days!
I watched a YouTube video of sync3
And it doesn't exactly mirror your screen but you can open waze and Spotify, all connected through your phone (Android auto). JUST as I need. Won't have to pick up or mount my phone anymore. Very excited about this

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably not what the Ford engineers had in mind when they designed the p rail into the Bronco, but hey.. Can't knock it if it works ? lol

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look for a cd player that can broadcast bluetooth. Nothing wrong with CD's.
Well. They scratch. They get abrasions. In an offroad vehicle, if youre offroading, it may skip. There's a few downsides ...
Sponsored