Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is the same way, the latch is hard to close on both sides, but aside from that when i put the top down all the way and a couple days later I go to put it back up again, is when i start swearing at Ford and every fkng designer and engineer who had anything to do with it. The disassembly isn't bad but putting it back together is just awful.
Its always a wrestling match and it doesn't get any easier with practice or patience.
You would think they could figure out that a sliding seam will need a lead in angle on its track. The vertical seams are a major pain too. They dont snap in, push in - have to pull it out halfway slide it back in try it all over again and again.
I've watched the video bronco nation put out on soft top operations numerous times and its nothing like that. Its a major fkng pain!
The dealer said there is nothing wrong with it but they had more trouble putting it on than I did.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is the same way, the latch is hard to close on both sides, but aside from that when i put the top down all the way and a couple days later I go to put it back up again, is when i start swearing at Ford and every fkng designer and engineer who had anything to do with it. The disassembly isn't bad but putting it back together is just awful.
Its always a wrestling match and it doesn't get any easier with practice or patience.
You would think they could figure out that a sliding seam will need a lead in angle on its track. The vertical seams are a major pain too. They dont snap in, push in - have to pull it out halfway slide it back in try it all over again and again.
I've watched the video bronco nation put out on soft top operations numerous times and its nothing like that. Its a major fkng pain!
The dealer said there is nothing wrong with it but they had more trouble putting it on than I did.
Give it a little more time. I was in the exact head space place you are at first then it it just seemed to get a whole lot easier. getting the back window panel in correctly to start was the key for me. Good luck, I’m not trying to discount your frustration, I was there too, but it absolutely gets easier.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not having an issue with the front two latches but the latches in the middle by the B-pillar have been impossible to get to latch. It's like the latch is too deep for the hook part to latch onto. I've tried pressing down on it with my weight and just won't get there. Going to put it all the way back and try to take another look but otherwise I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Any suggestions?

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have mine yet, but look if there might be some way to adjust the tension? I seem to remember that that's an option on Wranglers, but I might be wrong. Otherwise I'd take it to the dealer and have them take a look. It should not snap shut like nothing, but it also shouldn't require Arnold to do so.
Did your dealer help you with this?
I also had the same problem

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not having an issue with the front two latches but the latches in the middle by the B-pillar have been impossible to get to latch. It's like the latch is too deep for the hook part to latch onto. I've tried pressing down on it with my weight and just won't get there. Going to put it all the way back and try to take another look but otherwise I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Any suggestions?
I have the exact same issue. Did you figure it out?

Sponsored

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the exact same issue. Did you figure it out?
I just took mine back as my left latch broke again. They sent it wa bent and ordered new parts which was installed last week.

So far so good....

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make sure the latch by the rear doors is patched. Mine driver side took a little more effort. I flipped the roof open to the first position then tried to lift by where the release is. Driver side tight passenger side was not latched. Lift it up and tug down heard the click. Latches work smoothly now.

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When closing my soft-top, the latch on the drivers side is extremely difficult to snap shut. The passenger side latch has no issue at all. I don’t see anything blocking or obstructing the latch. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Yes mine also, don't know why yet.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issues you guys are having. Passenger side latch easy, driver side not so much. For me it's just a matter of letting it close hard - let it drop from about 10 inches and it's a reasonable push to lock it down. Alternative is to push down on it from the top as others have said. But the drop method works best for me.

gwrjones

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have this same issue as well. Passenger side latches no problem, but the driver side is an absolute pain. As @bbkat said, the dropping it from about 10 inches seems to work, but I wish it didn't take that. It's definitely not as smooth as the JL I had.

Sponsored

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same issue here. Was cursing Ford in the Costco parking lot.

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously a manufacturing/design defect. I started freaking out as the storm clouds were rolling in. Thank god for this forum, I thought it was user error.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any suggestions?
Has anyone figured out the trick to getting the small secondary latches to latch correctly? I can not for the life of me get mine to latch. It used to be latched when it was new but ever since putting the top back up from the farthest down position I can not get them to hook. It just does not go down enough to snap into place.

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had same the same issue couldn't even close my drivers side. The top on the drivers side you could see daylight on the left side where the latch is, when it was closed without engaging the latch. It didn't line up properly
The dealer took a cordless drill and use the torx bit in the bronco kit. he loosened the torx bolts slightly to allow the latch to be adjusted. he lowered the top and put in the the latch in a correct position while closed. then tightened the torx back up. its much better now.

clewcrew

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base and 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m glad I’m not the only one with the same issue. I’ve found that holding the top down from the outside on the “hard to latch” side can help. Sometimes I re-close the top again entirely, and that seems to help as well. I noticed the “easier to latch side” had more grease. But I doubt that’s the fix.

Have either of you removed your soft top entirely, and reinstalled it? I wonder if it’s an alignment issue…

I had my dealer look at it today, and they agreed that it was difficult to latch on one side. They had the service department report it as feedback in the Ford “Oasis”application. Maybe I’ll hear something from Ford soon. If not, maybe we can brainstorm a temporary solution here. Either way, it’s not a dealbreaker, and my top still works. I’m just happy to have my Bronco!
I’m glad I’m not the only one with the same issue. I’ve found that holding the top down from the outside on the “hard to latch” side can help. Sometimes I re-close the top again entirely, and that seems to help as well. I noticed the “easier to latch side” had more grease. But I doubt that’s the fix.

Have either of you removed your soft top entirely, and reinstalled it? I wonder if it’s an alignment issue…

I had my dealer look at it today, and they agreed that it was difficult to latch on one side. They had the service department report it as feedback in the Ford “Oasis”application. Maybe I’ll hear something from Ford soon. If not, maybe we can brainstorm a temporary solution here. Either way, it’s not a dealbreaker, and my top still works. I’m just happy to have my Bronco!
What I did was release the tension by releasing the back latch back (where you unlatch to access the rear cargo area). That worked. Was able to easily push the front clasps on the soft top. Then I simply latched the back "hatch" on the soft top

I will say though, this pulling the soft top from its fully open position to close is a true pain in the tail. Aligning the back and side window is no small feat. I rather doubt I will fully recline this soft top much

Lastly, riding with the soft top down with doors off is a hurricane (at greater than 35 mph). Not a fan of this top. I'll continue to look for pointers to ease the "pain" in the tail of this top.

What I did what release the tension by releasing the back latch back (where you unlatch to access the rear cargo area). That worked. Was able to easily push the front clasps on the soft top. Then I simply latched the back "hatch" on the soft top

I will say though, this pulling the soft top from its fully open position to close is a true pain in the tail. Aligning the back and side window is no small feat. I rather doubt I will fully recline this soft top much

Lastly, riding with the soft top down with doors off is a hurricane (at greater than 35 mph). Not a fan of this top. I'll continue to look for pointers to ease the "pain" in the tail of this top.
Sponsored