First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not get MIC and paint it? Then pick up an aftermarket soft top. That’s gotta be cheaper than 4K.
No doubt some people may do that but definitely not me. I'm in the minority in liking the MIC top more than the modular. An inherent design aspect of the MIC (Molded In Color) is that when (not if) it's scratched it's the same color all the way through (though I get a lot of people here hate on that color). When a painted MIC top is scratched it's going to look pretty bad, IMO. But from what I've seen so far I'm pretty happy with the soft top design and could probably be happy with that as my only top - we'll see.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt some people may do that but definitely not me. I'm in the minority in liking the MIC top more than the modular. An inherent design aspect of the MIC (Molded In Color) is that when (not if) it's scratched it's the same color all the way through (though I get a lot of people here hate on that color). When a painted MIC top is scratched it's going to look pretty bad, IMO. But from what I've seen so far I'm pretty happy with the soft top design and could probably be happy with that as my only top - we'll see.
I’ve highly considered just going with the soft top as well after seeing the video. It’s really well designed. I’ve never run just a soft top and not sure how it would be in Colorado winters. I know lots of folks out here just run soft tops.

UrbanBigfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wonder if the MIC cane be vinyl-wrapped. Shoot, if it can keep adhesion, say, for a whole summer, one could get that thing wrapped in any fruit flavor you want! Then do a switch when it gets worn, scratched, etc. My granddaughter would flip showing up with unicorns wrapped over the top! ?​

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that's not true at all. The MIC top scratches easily and those scratches are much lighter in color and very noticeable. We are having to be very careful with the MIC panels as to not scratch them prior to assembly and shipment.
Well that sucks and totally not what "official" Ford mouthpieces have been feeding us. Still don't want the shiny heavier modular, though.

Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't have any hard evidence that the wiring is included. Until then, going soft top with the hopes of switching to hard top in the future is very risky.

Could be a $4000-5000 mistake.
The Bronco marketing leader at one of the public reveals expressly stated that the wiring and washer connections will be present on the soft top-only Broncos. Is that true? Dunno - but I'd suggest that is as good a source as we're going to get until retail units arrive.

Sponsored

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're primed. You have to paint them. The black-painted textured top for Jeep is the equivalent of the MIC.
I guess that is preference, I prefer the textured look on my Jeep Hardtops. One of the reasons I’m getting a soft top on the Bronco.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If ford did this, they would be stuck with the shipping cost and logistics. It is easier for scheduling and cheaper to send everything with the produced vehicle. They are in business to make money, they are not going to please everyone. It is a terrible time to be coming out with an all new vehicle. Patience and understanding is needed. If you needed a vehicle right now you wouldn’t be looking at the bronco.
I would expect the added cost to be passed on to the buyer not that ford would take a loss. This method would just allow you to finance the option rather than waiting for it to be available from the parts department. I’m likely waiting to see what is offered in the 22my.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess that is preference, I prefer the textured look on my Jeep Hardtops. One of the reasons I’m getting a soft top on the Bronco.
I prefer the textured look too, but this thread is about the Bronco's modular top, so I wanted to post that Jeep's pricing on their equivalent top is similar.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should offer a dual top option with the soft top available at delivery and the modular hardtop shipped when available. If they could give me a projected date for the white modular top. I would be sold. The white top option is the biggest issue holding me back from ordering in December.
agreed
Sponsored