Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a 2 Door Res holder who got impatient and bought a 4 Door soft top that was a cancelled order. I actually love the soft top. I am now second guessing getting a 2 Door with hard top because I am asking myself what do I do if get stuck in the rain and the hard top is back at the house. Where will I store the Hard top clam shell. It's really nice leaving the house knowing I can flip the roof up in 5 seconds and be protected from the elements. But I bought the Bronco for the open air cruising and will not use it year round, so I think it depends on your intended use. If I could get the 2 Door with a soft top over the hard top I would do it...but can't now because after being told our 2 Doors would not be built this MY, I just got the build date today so no changes now. Kinds of sucks, Ford sent me an email specifically sating if I did not have a build date I would be pushed to MY22, I was kind of counting on that so I could reconfigure the build.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all-in on the hard top until the fiasco started. Ordered a soft, knowing I could always swap it out later (at increased cost, of course).

I am absolutely on Team Soft Top now. While I haven't wintered it yet, there's not a single downside as of today that would push me off it.

Road noise is completely fine, and the convenience is other-worldly.

If I totaled this Bronco, and the hard tops were being churned out with ease, I'd order another soft top.

Last edited:

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love mine. Itā€™s the way I ordered it. Never considered the hard top. Itā€™s all the way down even in this 60+ degree weather. I have the lux package so plenty of heat from the seats and steering wheel. Noise is tolerable. Get back to me after the NJ winter is over!
the quality is not all there. The stitching is starting to Frey, but I have the extended warranty, so IDGAF about it! My honest feedback.

6D65F4FF-B603-4942-AEC8-E67F22AB16EE.jpeg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™d say itā€™s the worst soft top of this type ever. The lift up rear is a useless gimmick, that leads to the worst part of the top, the horrible flappy windows. Thereā€™s a few soft tops cruising around my small town and thatā€™s one of the most common comments, man those windows look like shit. Iā€™ve also seen two with tears wearing in them in the fold areas, as documented plenty of times here. Stitching issues too. Not high quality.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine should show up any day now, but I test drove one with the soft top flipped back and loved it. Soft was my first choice, only picked dual tops because of "what if I don't like it" thinking, never had a car like this. Well, we had a Miata long ago, but that's different.
Eventually switched to MIC since I wanted to be sure to get wiring and plumbing, just in case. Once they announced we'll get the wiring kit for free I changed right away back to soft top. I don't think I'll ever buy a hard top, not any more 'secure' and hard to deal with/store.
Only reason I might go that way is if someone makes a hard rear shell and soft top for both front rows like a large sunrider. The lift up function of the softie is great, but simply lifting the glass up would still be easier.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m pleasantly surprised by how happy I am with it. Iā€™ve owned 3 Jeepā€™s, all with soft tops so I knew what I was getting into. Itā€™s literally less than 2 minutes to remove the side and rear windows and have it stacked at the back. Thereā€˜s a minor learning curve with putting it back up, especially by yourself, need to be careful with the top frame banging into the paint. The windows, mainly the bottom channels, were a total pain in the rear end at first but no problems after a few uses. The road noise is about what I expected at highway speeds, a little noisy at 70mph but much more quiet at lower speeds than anticipated. The vehicle is in its absolute glory with the top down. No issues with voice controls with the top up even at highway speed. Iā€™ll add a hard top at some point but living in the Philly area we donā€™t have to deal with the extreme cold.
EDIT: I havenā€™t used the clam shell feature

Last edited:

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really enjoy mine. Was also a MIC until I wasn't, made the change got the prep kit hooked up for down the line. I'm sure itll have disadvantages that come up in time but the fact that on a whim I can completely fold it down on the go is awesome.

Whatever route we all go with this Bronco, I have to say driving without a top and no cross beam is GLORIOUS. Unlike anything I've experienced in a production vehicle in my life.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But no roof rack, how are you going the tote your kayak? Or anything long in a camping trip.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Current soft top owners, how are you liking it so far?

I am really torn on which way to go. In particular, Iā€™d be interested to know how the lift-style opening at the rear is working IRL. I overland my rigs, and often work out of the back in the evenings, cooking dinner and whatnot. My concern is that the inability to flip up the rear plastic window could be a challenge.

Iā€™d be curious to hear from actual owners, not just people who have played with the soft top on a test drive. Thanks in advance.
Ordered a hard top two door then because of constraints went four door soft Couldnā€™t be happier with it so easy to put up take down. Live in Texas so a hard top is not a necessity Road noise is minimal with top on or off BD with stock 32s

86E650A2-74CC-4224-8FE0-9CC338867C68.jpeg

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long do you think the top is going to last?

Sponsored

Bran57

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love mine so far. Ask me again when winter hits in a couple months and I may have a different opinion šŸ˜‚ I realistically plan on getting a hard top when they become available to at least have for the winter. I also lucked into getting a build during the first week of Ford including the Soft Top Prep kit so thatā€™ll definitely help when that time comes. I havenā€™t been bothered by the wind noise and the simplicity of opening up and closing the top has been fantastic. Itā€™s great that I can have the first section open in 15-20 seconds on my drive home from work and it makes those weekend trips/ drives super convenient and you donā€™t have to plan around the rain. While I donā€™t necessarily love the look up the soft top, from a quality standpoint I havenā€™t had any issues yet. It also made convincing my girlfriend to let me get a Bronco a lot easier when I explained we would have a convertible haha.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But no roof rack, how are you going the tote your kayak? Or anything long in a camping trip.
You could do this My Rv weighs in at 3300 so I can throw a camp stove kayak etc (within reason) on front tray

4EFAF5CB-F754-4E35-AB12-4A8683B35028.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m a big fan. I like it way more than I expected. I just wish the back lifted another 6ā€ or so. Wonder if some aftermarket kickstands are in the works. Canā€™t see why that would cause any issues.
Sponsored