First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got back from getting a new top under warranty from Ford. I had both the second layer coming apart and a small tear on the passenger edge of the top where the top hits a plastic "finger gaurd" when the top is flipped back to the first position. The new top had the same issue with the platic guard, so the dealer drilled out the rivets on the guard and I saved the guards for later. Problem solved..until the top starts separating.
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typical first year stuff. I am glad Ford is fixing stuff. They just need Bronco loaners for warranty.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sold my bronco for this reason. This generation Bronco was far from meeting my quality expectations at the price point. Everything that broke had long lead time or no eta on repair.

I will however gladly revisit the platform after a few years of production and maybe a refresh. I'm a big Ford fan, but they missed the mark for me

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sold my bronco for this reason. This generation Bronco was far from meeting my quality expectations at the price point. Everything that broke had long lead time or no eta on repair.

I will however gladly revisit the platform after a few years of production and maybe a refresh. I'm a big Ford fan, but they missed the mark for me
Then why are you here?

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then why are you here?
#1 Sorry to upset you with my opinion

#2 As stated in my post, I am interested in keeping up with development because I still have interest in another Bronco depending on future improvements.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 Sorry to upset you with my opinion

#2 As stated in my post, I am interested in keeping up with development because I still have interest in another Bronco depending on future improvements.
Keeping up doesn’t mean you post negative comments about the Bronco.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dropped a bunch of cash of a bronco I was disappointed with. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this option. This message board isn't exactly all glowing reviews and people drinking the Ford Kool aid. I stand by my statement that Ford QC didn't hit the mark on this vehicle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B6G isn't a fluff piece. If he owned a Bronco and it had problems, then this is most certainly the place to share that. How do you think problems get addressed?

For $36K I'm happy with what I got, but there is no way I'd be happy at $55K+.

Last edited:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP. My top is doing this on the front. I have my top down a lot. I think the added wind peels it back there. My dealer is going to get it replaced.

Off subject note: I bought a first model year vehicle. I expected problems, TSBs, recalls, and with the sheer number of Bronco’s ordered, quality issues. Perhaps being an alpha and beta tester for software I learned that. Could have also been the 26 years in the military having new equipment break down on mission. The fact remains. You can’t expect a perfect thing, the first time it comes out. I can expect Ford to fix it and so far they have for me.

Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP. My top is doing this on the front. I have my top down a lot. I think the added wind peels it back there. My dealer is going to get it replaced.

Off subject note: I bought a first model year vehicle. I expected problems, TSBs, recalls, and with the sheer number of Bronco’s ordered, quality issues. Perhaps being an alpha and beta tester for software I learned that. Could have also been the 26 years in the military having new equipment break down on mission. The fact remains. You can’t expect a perfect thing, the first time it comes out. I can expect Ford to fix it and so far they have for me.
I 100% agree problems were expected. My issues of:
-numerous rattles
-top delamination
-top fabric stretch (could see daylight at highway speeds over passenger doors)
-mirrors making a lound whistle over 45mph
-head unit display locking up and glitching several times a day
-rear door sagging

None of these got fixed by Ford in the 9 months I owned the vehicle. I had continuous contact with my dealer ( who was great) but Ford either took no action, had no solution, or had parts backorders that stopped fixes from happening.

I was willing to wait to an extent but not indefinitely for solutions. From my experience the overall build quality didn't feel reflective of the price compounded by the QC problems lead to my dissatisfaction with the Bronco.

From a drivetrain and mechanical point I was thrilled with the performance, however, it did not help overcome the shortfalls.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 100% agree problems were expected. My issues of:
-numerous rattles
-top delamination
-top fabric stretch (could see daylight at highway speeds over passenger doors)
-mirrors making a lound whistle over 45mph
-head unit display locking up and glitching several times a day
-rear door sagging
A lot you listed there is TSBs. Sorry they didn’t fix them for you.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Mine is doing that as well as having a small tear on the passenger’s side where it hits a plastic component when flipped back. I took it to my dealer and it will be replaced under warranty whenever a new top comes available.
I've noticed this wear as well. Please keep us updated on the replacement. I'll be speaking with my dealer about it as well.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've noticed this wear as well. Please keep us updated on the replacement. I'll be speaking with my dealer about it as well.
Two weeks ago my dealer replaced the old top with a new one under warranty. The plastic pieces that had caused the tear on the outer edge were still rubbing on the new top so the dealer drilled out the rivets and removed those parts. They appear to only be to protect finger from pinching but also rub sharp edges on the top when folded back. The second layer of the top has not fallen down at this point, even after ten days of 100+ degree heat storm. I’m hoping they used better glue on this top.
Sponsored