Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Update: according to insider @laj.tuxmek:

"All of our early production-intent prototypes have interior plastics like that. They are missing the final texture and as a result are very smooth and shiny. Don't worry, the production vehicles won't have plastics like that."

We just caught the 2021 Ford Bronco interior almost completely undisguised!

The overall theme of the interior consists of various upright elements, including the dashboard, pillars and center stack. A large screen, potentially measuring in at 12 inches, sits front and center. Above it is a set of chassis controls. It's followed by a bevy of media controls and a set of HVAC controls thereafter.

The shifter is followed by the rotary 4WD drive mode dial controller. To the right of that are two cupholders and a grab handle for the passenger. The word "BRONCO" is spelled out across the passenger-side dash.

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_001.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_002.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_003.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_004.jpg

Compare to the manual transmission middle console which has a different placement for the 4WD mode dial selector.

2021-ford-bronco-dashboard-4wd-knob-914x1024-jpg.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco_Less_007.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco_Less_011.jpg

Advertisement

Last edited:

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Nice, but, what I've been concerned about looks to be true, but I hope I'm wrong when I sit in it. The gear shift is right where it will be a leg/knee gouger for us tall/long legged people. I wish the cup holders were forward of the gearshift so they did not push it to the left.

Hopefully the seating position is high enough so your legs are more upright.

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_001 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Broncolli

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Discovery
Vehicle Showcase
I like radio knobs - but these throw it back into 1980 - technology contrast with the 12" screen,. I am guessing these are old pictures as well - just being revealed. The plastic seems to be uncovered - and hopefully not the final material. Thanks for the pictures - just my take on it - eagerly waiting for next week.

Not crazy about the 1980's - CB look the radio and climate controls have, nor the plastic - I am hoping these are preproduction and will be wrapped in a nicer material.

reminds me of this
1594140646638.png

1594140156118.png

Last edited:

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
I actually really like this enterior. Like that there are still manual controls... I love that there is an Ohshit Handle right there. 😂

also, interesting spot for the mirror controls.

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang

The overall theme of the interior consists of various upright elements, including the dashboard, pillars and center stack. A large screen, potentially measuring in at 12 inches, sits front and center. Above it is a set of chassis controls. It's followed by a bevy of media controls and a set of HVAC controls thereafter.

The shifter is followed by the rotary 4WD drive mode dial controller. To the right of that are two cupholders and a grab handle for the passenger. The word "BRONCO" is spelled out across the passenger-side dash.

Hell yeah, they kept the passenger eject button!! Sign me up!! Let's see how well that grab handle works for ya :LOL:

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st gen 2.7 eco f-150
Looks like the mirror adjust buttons are on the center console too, behind the shifter. This also contrasts with the TFL photos that show the 4wd selector on the dash by The climate control. Maybe different dial locations for manual vs auto?

also, 4a confirmed!

Last edited:

Rivers90

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
[/QUOTE]

2021-Ford-Bronco_Interior_002.jpg
The grab handle answers what was being seen in the side view photos.

Interesting how the 4wd dial is in a different place on the auto vs manual.

The jeep has 3 transfer-case options i wonder if the bronco will have something like this too.

BroncoPaul

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
I actually really like this enterior. Like that there are still manual controls... I love that there is an Ohshit Handle right there. 😂

also, interesting spot for the mirror controls.
I was actually just looking at that. It at least confirms the removable doors, but I think I would have moved them to the dash somewhere. I'm just imagining my brother constantly moving my mirrors as a joke.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
- just being revealed - and hopefully not the final material.

Not crazy about the 1980's - CB look the radio and climate controls have, nor the plastic - I am hoping these are preproduction and will be wrapped in a nicer material.
It would be pretty stupid to still be showing parts that didn't have final approval in media material at this point a few days from launch.

eta -- and a launch several months later than intended at that.

McCracken

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4
I like radio knobs - but these throw it back into 1980 - technology contrast with the 12" screen,. I am guessing these are old pictures as well - just being revealed. The plastic seems to be uncovered - and hopefully not the final material. Thanks for the pictures - just my take on it - eagerly waiting for next week.

1594140156118.png
I would think the knobs are not plastic, but a soft touch rubber and would have a premium feel, not cheap plastic like my '12 F-150 knobs...

Advertisement

Advertisement