JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t see much point in extending the wheelbase without extending the body. The approach and departure angles already look pretty awesome for a production rig, especially once bigger tires are added. The 44s were an exaggeration because Iā€™ve seen you reference them many times. I seen some JLUs doing some crazy buggy stuff with 40s.
I dunno if I'd ever go to 44s on this, maybe only 40s given the size....but it is a possibility a few years down the road. at that point though I'd likely stretch the wheel base to make a 0Ā° approach and departure, kind of like that Jeep pic someone posted in one of these threads recently.

But if you stretch the body to keep the same approach/depart, then you lose on your breakover angle. while I don't do alot of rocks, and breakover isn't a big deal in the mud except getting in and out of trenches/ditches/levees, I understand the need to keep breakover down as well. I think the current proportions of the 2dr is great for what it is, and I would not be willing to sacrifice any of those for the sake of more grocery space.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All I am hearing is that a bunch of people *want* a two door, but are going to *buy* a four door. There is a reason Ford didn't make only a two door with SFA and uncut fenders this time, and this forum sums it all up.

It's all about practicality, and the majority will get a four door. This is no different for the wranglers, the 4 door is what jeep has capitalized on since it was released.
The price gap between a 2dr and 4dr is too close. If the 4 dr had significantly higher starting price above an equally equipped 2dr, you might see more people buying 2drs. A couple thousand dollars more is a no brainer for most.

19Bronco70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What I was wanting in the new Bronco is basically a modern version of the 70 model that I have. So far it looks like that is what Ford will be offering. Other than not having the color or color combination that I would prefer I fully expect to be happy with it.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before I decide on 2-door or 4-door, need to see how the access is to the back row, and how the access in the back is.

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What I was wanting in the new Bronco is basically a modern version of the 70 model that I have. So far it looks like that is what Ford will be offering. Other than not having the color or color combination that I would prefer I fully expect to be happy with it.
I've always longed for a modern version of the K5 Blazer my uncle had...

19Bronco70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've always longed for a modern version of the K5 Blazer my uncle had...
I had a 78 K5. It was awesome and always preferred it over the Big Broncos but like the Big Broncos was a little large for my taste. That is how I ended up getting one of the original Broncos.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The root problem here is that while the dimensions of the 2 door are very nea the EB the interior space is taken up by giving too much legroom to everyone and too thick of seats. Unless ford pulls off a miracle the rear cargo room will not be the same. I just want to take my 2 50lb dogs that dont do well in seats with me and have room for my fridge freezer(its only 16 inches wide). All in something that can make it up and down the trails i need to to get to the secret beaches that i love.

If you are getting your FSB hung up. Just fab up a better bumper and use more throttle.
Ive done a hell of alot of wheeling and recoveries, and performed miracles behind the wheel once or twice. But i never had a problem getting hung up that I couldnt solve with better driving.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have always had a fetish for the early jeep Unlimited, longer bed 2 door rigs from say year 2004 or something. Not too long. Not too short. I love to see the bronco around that size

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always had a fetish for the early jeep Unlimited, longer bed 2 door rigs from say year 2004 or something. Not too long. Not too short. I love to see the bronco around that size
I think I saw one of these recently and I thought it looked pretty stupid haha, the back was all wrong.

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I saw one of these recently and I thought it looked pretty stupid haha, the back was all wrong.
I understand what you are saying as a visual... But when you adjust your eyes and realize it's only 10 inches longer. That is not that long at all as a whole Yet it makes a whole world of difference in overall performance and interior space over the regular model that you could maybe fit a volleyball in the back of.