bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my humble opinion but on a 4x4 vehicle such as this, I would much rather have a rock crawler mode than a sport mode. I plan on a tune at some point down the road anyway to improve performance.
Same, but we all use these things for our own purposes.
Sponsored

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Absolutely, but something tells me that Baja mode is the one you will want to use over sport mode in the dirt. My first edition wont be my daily rather my weekend toy

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just my humble opinion but on a 4x4 vehicle such as this, I would much rather have a rock crawler mode than a sport mode. I plan on a tune at some point down the road anyway to improve performance.
“Normal” mode on my f-150 shifts way too early and takes forever to downshift. Sport is used daily.
I could see people using “curb” or “snow pile” mode frequently.

SilverII

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is no 8 GOAT modes on FE or BL

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2019 Camaro SS has 455hp. I roadtripped one 400 miles to buy my wife's MKX, got 25mpg average on the trip, and that included an extra 20 miles of hooning around and leaving tire smoke all over. Cylinder deactivation was seamless, I wouldn't have been able to tell if the gauge display didn't tell me it was a "V4." Track mode was incredible, the 10 speed telepathically knew what gear I wanted to be in, and the exhaust popped and crackled on decel. It was a blast.

On the same route back, the MKX with the 2.7 EcoBoost only managed 24...

It's not the engine giving the extra mpg; it's the aerodynamics. You'll never overcome the cross section of the vehicle you're trying to push through the air. Vehicle height kills mpg.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since we don't know what any of the modes are actually doing, it seems premature to switch now. If it matters that much, I'd say to wait until Ford tells us what they do. If waiting means cancelling, it will be a decision to make at that point.
Am not going to cancel my spot in line. Just hoping to figure this out before we have to lock in. I did some searching on Baja mode last night. Good video on google with a guy running his raptor in Baja mode. That looks to me like it is “Sport Plus” mode which is fine with me. Knowing that I am likely sticking to Badlands as it can check most all of the boxes for me. The Black diamond is a good choice but I want mine to be loaded with some stuff not available on Black Diamond.

Thanks for all of the input and replies. It has been very helpful.

Tag

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My guess is it's been said already (no time to read through this post sorry). But you guys had me scared... until I realized Sport Mode was only removed from 2 trims.

Ford Bronco Sport mode causing me to switch from badlands to wildtrak 1595252878292

And like I did see a few people mention, Baja replaces that mode, so probably even better.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not the engine giving the extra mpg; it's the aerodynamics. You'll never overcome the cross section of the vehicle you're trying to push through the air. Vehicle height kills mpg.
poor example on my part. I really don’t care about mpg. I just don’t want a setting that is always lugging the engine in “eco mode”. I have owned a 750 HP Shelby that was not AOC approved.. Fuel consumption is not a deciding factor for me. Before I get hate mail, I do recycle and other things to help the environment.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly. Tune should fix all of the issues mentioned. Hope that will be one of my first mods.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
poor example on my part. I really don’t care about mpg. I just don’t want a setting that is always lugging the engine in “eco mode”. I have owned a 750 HP Shelby that was not AOC approved.. Fuel consumption is not a deciding factor for me. Before I get hate mail, I do recycle and other things to help the environment.
I don't want the eco mode either, but you can blame the EPA for that.

I think it's something like the 7 largest container ships pollute more than all the cars combined. Also, that garbage island in the Pacific is 95+% fishing plastic and not straws. But force an off roader to have an eco mode and make people use soggy paper straws to "save" the environment.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My FJ with 33s hunted gears like crazy going up big highway hills....so no matter what the 10 speed and much stonger engine will do that less.
Cruise control in the FJ with 3" lift and 33s was a nightmare. If I was in hilly country I'd turn it off and manage my own speed. I was fine losing a little speed going up as long as it didn't downshift into what felt like 1st gear every time.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2019 Camaro SS has 455hp. I roadtripped one 400 miles to buy my wife's MKX, got 25mpg average on the trip, and that included an extra 20 miles of hooning around and leaving tire smoke all over. Cylinder deactivation was seamless, I wouldn't have been able to tell if the gauge display didn't tell me it was a "V4." Track mode was incredible, the 10 speed telepathically knew what gear I wanted to be in, and the exhaust popped and crackled on decel. It was a blast.

On the same route back, the MKX with the 2.7 EcoBoost only managed 24...

My daily driver is a 5th Gen SS with headers, exhaust, intake and tune. I average 20-21 mpg with cylinder deactivation taken out in the tune??‍♂. That's in my mixed driving that's a little over half interstate, half city. Out on long roadtrips 25-26 isn't unusual. Those cylinder deactivation lifters in the LS are notorious for failing prematurely if they've lived their lives cycling between 4 and 8 cylinder mode. In my experience, cylinder deactivation didn't give me much in return for mpg versus the risk of failure.

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Based on what we know many of us cannot configure our ideal Bronco. This is not a knock on Ford. The options are excellent. Just wish we had more flexibility to configure the options.

i had planned on the badlands version and then optioning it out to be similar to F/E which I could not reserve.

Ideally I would like the marine vinyl/rubber floors combined with the sport track mode. That doesn’t appear to be an option as of this moment.

To get Sport mode I need to get the wildtrack version. The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. I don’t want the tranny constantly swapping to the highest gear to maximize mpg. Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
Tune will fix the trans shifting issues
Sponsored