Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you could get a manual with the 2.7 you could control when the shift happens :confused:

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering the GOAT modes are also sold with the manual trans, I can't imagine any of them only control transmission timing. I am surprised that the automatic and manual will both be coming with the exact same GOAT modes. Wouldn't a standard "sport" mode be meaningless on a manual?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. ...
Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
Since we don't know what any of the modes are actually doing, it seems premature to switch now. If it matters that much, I'd say to wait until Ford tells us what they do. If waiting means cancelling, it will be a decision to make at that point.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also betting that GOAT modes will be something that can be changed using as built data in Forscan, only time will tell, but on Mustangs a lot of this type of thing can be modified this way. My hunch is that you will be able to change, but not choose your own, you'll be stuck with the ones available in other models. I added the 2018 Digital Dash to my 2015 Mustang and its amazing how many things you can change using this program. I

Sponsored

Virtualdru

First Edition
First Name
dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, AT4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last edited:

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.
2019 Camaro SS has 455hp. I roadtripped one 400 miles to buy my wife's MKX, got 25mpg average on the trip, and that included an extra 20 miles of hooning around and leaving tire smoke all over. Cylinder deactivation was seamless, I wouldn't have been able to tell if the gauge display didn't tell me it was a "V4." Track mode was incredible, the 10 speed telepathically knew what gear I wanted to be in, and the exhaust popped and crackled on decel. It was a blast.

On the same route back, the MKX with the 2.7 EcoBoost only managed 24...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This article states the badlands and the first edition have all eight GOAT modes. I wonder how accurate it is. I keep seeing the bronco GOAT animation of going through the different modes and it looks like it may only holds 7 modes.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/what-is-the-2021-ford-bronco-s-goat-system-ar188975.html

Ford Bronco Sport mode causing me to switch from badlands to wildtrak Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 7.13.44 AM
That would be cool if Badlands had them all....but the charts on Ford's website say 7, so I would bet that is the right number as of now. I'm not worried about losing the one mode. No one has given a single review of how this thing drives yet, so I'm not getting ahead of myself....and despite maybe hardly using it, I would still rather have rock crawl for that one day when I do need it.

My FJ with 33s hunted gears like crazy going up big highway hills....so no matter what the 10 speed and much stonger engine will do that less.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I start my truck and always turn on sport mode...
Same here. Push to start then push the little button on the shifter twice. It's muscle memory at this point. I was disappointed when I realized the Badlands didn't have the sport option as that would be the mode I use the most. The good thing is, I have until December to figure out models and options

Sponsored

MYBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1972 F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Technically I have reserved the Badlands. In reality, i may be switching to the Wildtrak and add absolutely no options(except overhead switches). My reasoning...

......GOAT modes. I would rather have sportier shifting on the HIghway and for hauling ass down ranch/lease roads. I will spend a majority of my time offroad doing just that, with the a spritz of running trails. I genuinely feel the "normal" driving mode will be fine for trail riding/rock crawling with good throttle modulation(manual mode?). If you look at it as a factory "tuner", with warranty, it just makes more sense to me.

The ONLY thing that could change that, would be seating fabric and floor coverings. Lets be honest though, there should be no reason why we cant upgrade to marine vinyl through the aftermarket or ford parts center.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have sport mode on my f150 3.5 i dont use it. its a strategy that reflects a more aggressive tune feel and shift, the shift part on the 10 speed is wonky with the 10 speed you can manually select out gears anyways which kinda does the same thing. I would rather have the other GOAT modes.

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just my humble opinion but on a 4x4 vehicle such as this, I would much rather have a rock crawler mode than a sport mode. I plan on a tune at some point down the road anyway to improve performance.
Sponsored