Sponsored

Sta-bar Disconnect WARNING : FORD NOT COVERING KNOWN ISSUE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS MODIFIED

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you use the goat modes? I haven't, and maybe that is the problem. I know what to do, and my problem is that the goat mode seems to fool around with the throttle peddle position and response and I don't like that. I will try rock mode next time I am out. Made an appointment with the dealer for Friday to look into rear speed wheel sensor (I did get a fault reported to my Ford pass) and SSM.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel bad for the OP, but this is the exact reason I’m glad I stuck with the Wildtrak instead of the Badlands I orginally ordered. Simpler ways to address the disco… Interested to see how this turns out though as many of us are lifting/modding, best of luck OP!

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats really interesting is that they had a whole list of my mods hand written down. Including gears and they assumed and wrote down where all the installation took place. They were incorrect on that actually. I never told them what shop did what. It's like they looked thru my social media to find out my mods. Very sketchy shit.

All the years wheeling Modified Jeeps and now a Bronco, have I ever had a dealer go that length of investigation.

Sounds like you pissed someone off.

I will say, if you plan to spends thousands of dollars in upgrades, and its easy to dump 10K right, you better plan to fix some things that the dealer is going to bawk at.

Its just the nature of the offroad game...you haven't even said what's wrong, so it may be cheap and easy.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I've used my sta-bar disconnect at least a couple dozen times last six months. If it starts throwing errors or whatnot on a trail, what should I do?
99% of the time key-off, then restart, and put all the modes back where you had them will work. I have had to do that. Mine threw an error when I hit a whoop too hard at the dunes...reset GOAT mode to normal and turned traction back on, which pretty much stopped me dead in my tracks. Backed down the hill and keyed off/restarted, and all was good. If that doesn't work try battery disconnect for a min to clear codes from computer memory. If that doesn't work you are kinda screwed

Sponsored

climbjose

Badlands
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this today. Have disconnected but it was like August last time I did it. Disconnecting the battery [plus waiting 20 minutes] and checking fuses were in all the way did not resolve the issue. I have a hidden winch adding weight and a compressor under the hood but no lift or suspension mods.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford would simply allow us to remove the e-disco without shenanigans, I think we'd be fine. I'd rather have the AntiRocks anyways.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you read, i had the same issue happen on my stock 4 door FE twice. Ford is aware of this issue and i bet eventually will have a recall. either way. should be fixed under warranty in my opinion.
If I had two broncos, and they refused to cover one due to modification, I would have snatched the broken SB out and swapped it with the good one. I would reinstall the bad one the vehicle I know they will service.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finding this very interesting thread and what happened with OP is unfortunate, but we also don’t know the details of the mods he did, or how he did them. Not sure if that would affect anything, but if his lift and 37s dramatically changed the geometry due to, say, wheel offset, those mods may have added too much stress on the sta bar.

My suspension and wheels are stock and will tell you, I wheel often and disconnect my sta bar almost every time for an entire trail run. Never had an error at all and hope it stays that way. I use it to improve comfort and don’t rock crawl, but do deal with rocks and ruts on most runs.

Would love to see an update from the OP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
heres the update bascially. sorry havent kept up on the thread.

one of the link ends was actually broken. NO ONE mentioned this at the dealership or ford reps lol. so i replaced them with the baja kits super beefy ones. them broken is on me 100%.

The problem is still the same. i need the computer reflashed still. thats what i was asking the dealership to do in the first place. i still have the error on my screen and still cant use the 4x4 modes. But ive gone wheeling a few times and still drive it like this. you can still put it in 4 low or hi and use lockers. dont need swaybar.

Next step im gonna be installing a hoss 3.0 steering so it will be a good time to use fords own bulletin about this crappy electronic sway bar and clean and add dielectric grease to all spots detailed.

i have had the sway bar message and issue come up at least 5 times in my 4 door fe also. that one for some reason goes away after ignoring it for a few days. and is completely stock

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

heres the update bascially. sorry havent kept up on the thread.

one of the link ends was actually broken. NO ONE mentioned this at the dealership or ford reps lol. so i replaced them with the baja kits super beefy ones. them broken is on me 100%.

The problem is still the same. i need the computer reflashed still. thats what i was asking the dealership to do in the first place. i still have the error on my screen and still cant use the 4x4 modes. But ive gone wheeling a few times and still drive it like this. you can still put it in 4 low or hi and use lockers. dont need swaybar.

Next step im gonna be installing a hoss 3.0 steering so it will be a good time to use fords own bulletin about this crappy electronic sway bar and clean and add dielectric grease to all spots detailed.

i have had the sway bar message and issue come up at least 5 times in my 4 door fe also. that one for some reason goes away after ignoring it for a few days. and is completely stock
Great details and this is very helpful.

Can that flash only be done by a dealership? Assume it’s not a Forscan thing, but what about a shop near you that specializes in Fords or an Off-Road shop? I’d hope there would be some options down your way in Texas.

Just throwing crap at the wall, but really hope you can get things sorted and get back out there before Spring if not crazy expensive.

Like I said, use mine a good bit when trail running, but your thread has me rethinking that a bit.

Your new rack should overall have you good to go with the lift and bigger tires too.

Please keep us updated. You have no idea how helpful of a topic this has been. Hate it’s taken your hardship to bring this to light, but you’ll save many others for sure.

Godspeed for your fix.
Sponsored