Sponsored

Still going! Icon Tie Rods $240 on Amazon! Be gone Bronco TAX!

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for the group: would you recommend installing these on a 2023 Badlands with Sasquatch package and keep the OEMs as spares for the trail? Or vice versa? I have not modded the OEM suspension at all if that matters.
I’m doing the opposite - keeping the stock tie rods in place, and carry the icons as spares. I’m on 37’s with a 3” lift (Badlands SAS) and I wheel a bit, so I’m a prime candidate for breaking a tie rod. My plan is to run the OEM’s until they break, then replace with the icons on trail, and then add the 74Weld stage 1 cap and bushings to mitigate the risk of a slow failure in the rack.

Watching the video of Mark from @Metal-tech 4x4 make a clean run of the rubicon trail with my same setup / stock steering, is encouraging.
Sponsored

Last edited:

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I had to check on the Icon webpage to make sure these work for a '23, and thankfully they do. The Amazon page only show compatibility for '21-'22.
Ordered.
Just received my shipment notification

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m doing the opposite - keeping the stock tie rods in place, and carry the icons as spares. I’m on 37’s with a 3” lift (Badlands SAS) and I wheel a bit, so I’m a prime candidate for breaking a tie rod. My plan is to run the OEM’s until they break, then replace with the icons on trail, and then add the 74Weld stage 1 cap and bushings to mitigate the risk of a slow failure in the rack.

Watching the video of Mark from @Metal-tech 4x4 make a clean run of the rubicon trail with my same setup / stock steering, is encouraging.

I spoke to 74weld last night and told them my use case (mostly overlanding forest service roads/state parks, light to medium offroading/mostly mud and just rough terrain compared to the rock crawling out west) and they thought a stage 1 + icon tie rods would be perfect for my use case by shoring up that weak link and offering some peace of mind. Locked up my tie rods yesterday and will probably go stage 1 next month and call it a day. Then I'll just keep the OEM's in the truck when we're camping as a backup.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine shipped and should arrive on Tuesday. I will report back after receiving them.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Missed out on the $240 sale, but they just dropped back down to $250, so I picked up a set.
Ford Bronco Still going! Icon Tie Rods $240 on Amazon! Be gone Bronco TAX! 1706849604722

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Missed out on the $240 sale, but they just dropped back down to $250, so I picked up a set.
1706849604722.png
Thanks for posting that these are available at $250. I just placed an order as well.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My order went through. (I think.) Also ordered GlueTread repair kit. My son just moved to tax-free New Hampshire, so I also saved $20! With the K02s I've bought (but won't mount till summer) I'm ready and raring to go for the backtrails!

Edit/PS: Considering they're $420 direct from Icon, let's just hope they're not cheap Chinese knockoffs. We shall see...🙄
"Tax free" lol. I hope he's renting. I got a buddy that recently built a house in NH.. Under 1 acre, under 1k Sq ft house.. nearly 9k$ yearly property tax. White bread town, no ocean, no lakefront.. nothing. I shit a brick.

My property taxes on 2x the house and over 5x the land are 1/3 of his 😋, and I'm in a much more desirable location. I did the math once actually.. for NH's whole no sales tax thing to negate the difference in our tax bills.. id literally have to SPEND 50k more dollars than I make in a year 😆

but hell yea.. Tax free!

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

out for delivery today. I'll report back

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Ordered at this price, couldn’t pass it up.

Sponsored

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Tax free" lol. I hope he's renting. I got a buddy that recently built a house in NH.. Under 1 acre, under 1k Sq ft house.. nearly 9k$ yearly property tax. White bread town, no ocean, no lakefront.. nothing. I shit a brick.

My property taxes on 2x the house and over 5x the land are 1/3 of his 😋, and I'm in a much more desirable location. I did the math once actually.. for NH's whole no sales tax thing to negate the difference in our tax bills.. id literally have to SPEND 50k more dollars than I make in a year 😆

but hell yea.. Tax free!
Regarding taxes, NH is a trade-off: property taxes are high because the state offers minimal services, especially the funding of education: that falls on the towns, which is what you're paying for. So NH has no income or estate/death taxes, that's the saving. Regarding my son, he's renting in the Nashua area, but his new job is in MA, so he still gets stuck with Taxachusetts 5% income tax. Anyway, it works for him.

But we're talking wheeling! You sure have more and better off-road opportunities than I--I'm respectfully jealous. Not much in MA! Someday I want to poke around the logging roads in the North Woods. NH has Class 6 roads, similar to VT Class IV. These are legal unpaved byways which have been abandoned by the towns and counties; they get minimal or no maintenance. So there's no telling what you'll encounter: comfy dirt paths, washouts, good idea to bring a chainsaw, too.

Check out https://the-pilgrimage.com for an all-make 4x4 3-day outing in VT in October. The guys who organize it run all the roads and trails and rate them from Subaru-easy to winch-required challenging plus in-betweens. Primitive camping--chem toilets and nothing else provided. 2023 was a blast!

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what would be the primary risk involved with running these on a stock SAS Outerbanks?

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do I remember correctly that these are made in China? If so, same price as their rough country competition. How’s ball joint articulation compared to stock?
Sponsored