Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually threw up in my mouth a little thinking about those...glad they have all gone to the crusher finally! BTW the book is wrong, if you drill the hole where it shows you it gets you nowhere...gotta drill it where that line that says 2 1/2 inches is
When I started in the shop in '97 there weren't may of these out there but the few I did, sucked. Now that you mentioned the drill spot I do remember having to do that. Twisted my wrists on every one when the hole saw finally went through. You knew it was coming but couldn't do much about it because of how confined an area it was. Damn glad those days are over and that Ford doesn't have stupid recalls like that anymore. Oh wait....
Sponsored

Mikellis Lifts

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure what came of this. But I'm willing to bet the nut is not strip. What bolt was used to come to conclusion that nut is stripped? Was a replacement from Ford bought?

If not, it's most likely the wrong size bolt. M13 bolts are only a custom made bolt, or bought through Ford.

Get a replacement from Ford and it'll thread in and torque down.

Mike

OP
OP
85crawlrunner

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what came of this. But I'm willing to bet the nut is not strip. What bolt was used to come to conclusion that nut is stripped? Was a replacement from Ford bought?

If not, it's most likely the wrong size bolt. M13 bolts are only a custom made bolt, or bought through Ford.

Get a replacement from Ford and it'll thread in and torque down.

Mike
Mike you are who solved this problem for me with the new bolts you sent my way. Thanks again!

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
For future reference I fixed my stripped body nuts this way. Was not hard to do. Drilled pilot hole from the bottom. Drilled hole with 2" hole saw. Drilled out threads on the body mount with 1/2" drill bit. Put bolt in from the bottom through the body mount, cut bolt to fit. Used rubber plug to cover the hole when finished. There is no other way to fix it that I could see. The body mounts are made into the body.

Ford Bronco Stripped body “nut?” From body lift 1701360714212

Ford Bronco Stripped body “nut?” From body lift 1701360737176
Sponsored

Last edited: