Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So like everybody I’ve been playing with Build & Price nonstop.
I think I found the sweet spot for capabilities vs. pricing. It’s a Black Diamond, non-Squatch, 2.7L engine with the 10 speed automatic. Go with the advanced 4WD system.

the only shortcomings vs the Badlands are front locker, Electronic disconnect Sway bar, and I think Bilstein shocks. Badlands has an even more aggressive gear ratio but looks like Black Diamond is pretty sweet too.

if you can live without the front locker and disco bar, and basically all of us who aren’t at Moab probably can, you then save $8K by going Black Diamond in this configuration as opposed to Badlands.

Amirite?
I agree, BD or BL is where it's at. $5k diff in my 2 builds, decide to go with BL, even though I'll most likely never do more than a medium trail.
Sponsored

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like the sasquatch package is mandatory on any Bronco build, otherwise you're just getting an SUV style Ranger with the FX4 Off-Road Package. That already has a rear differential, and you can spec one more comfortably than the Bronco for less money.

Last edited:

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get people needing some affirmation on their individual decision to spend tens of thousands of $$$$. But we all will think that our choice is going to be the best value for what we're getting. Otherwise we wouldn't be buying.

Your choice of a black diamond non-squatch is no more valid or a better deal for you than someone else getting a fully loaded badlands for themselves. We all have different needs, wants, and budgets. All of us that are converting our reservations to actual orders are all getting the build at the price we are willing to buy, otherwise we wouldn't be ordering.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's all personal choice after a 1000 B&P mock ups, the BD, 2.7 with mid seems like the best choice for what I am looking for with price considerations. I would have preferred a torsen front diff anyway for my purposes.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get people needing some affirmation on their individual decision to spend tens of thousands of $$$$. But we all will think that our choice is going to be the best value for what we're getting. Otherwise we wouldn't be buying.

Your choice of a black diamond non-squatch is no more valid or a better deal for you than someone else getting a fully loaded badlands for themselves. We all have different needs, wants, and budgets. All of us that are converting our reservations to actual orders are all getting the build at the price we are willing to buy, otherwise we wouldn't be ordering.
I think the feeling that the choice needs to be validate is due to some statements pretty much saying its sasquach or crap. I've been a part of many automotive enthusiast groups who like to make those without the highest possible trim/options feel like lesser individuals, and ive been told the offroad community isn't like that. I hope that's the case.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like the sasquatch package is mandatory on any Bronco build, otherwise you're just getting an SUV style Ranger with the FX4 Off-Road Package. That already has a rear differential, and you can spec one more comfortably than the Bronco for less money.
Perfect. I don't want a Ranger because it doesn't look good to me and i need an SUV bodystyle. Plus i want something with a bigger motor than the 2.3.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm undecided.

The I can add everything I want to the base that already comes standard on the BD other than the MGV and I'm still 5k under on budget.
This includes:
Steel bumper and bash plate
Switches
Rock rails
V6

For that 5k I can add the sasquatch package and now I've got everything but MGV. That will give me the locker and other additional suspension wheels not on a standard BD. So now I'd have a more off road capable vehicle for the same price.

I can still add leather/vinal with heated seats and remote start; the only mid package features I care about. And towing(not an option on base) via the aftermarket for under the 5k difference.

I think other than additional goat modes there is nothing else different that I can't do aftermarket for less.

When I lay it all out it seems like base is the best trim for me to go with.

What am I missing that is baked into the 5k difference? I'm asking seriously because I want to know and make the most informed decision.

Oh and I'm going with VB so the extra color options aren't a factor.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Currently my build is a BD, sound proof headliner, 2.7L, 10 speed auto and rear hitch.

I’ll add the roof rack later once I determine if Yakima products will fit the OEM rack.

After delivery I will upgrade to the wheels below.

8FFA104E-19C9-4251-B886-CB11D4559539.jpeg

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I found the sweet spot for capabilities vs. pricing. It’s a Black Diamond, non-Squatch, 2.7L engine with the 10 speed automatic. Go with the advanced 4WD system.

the only shortcomings vs the Badlands are front locker, Electronic disconnect Sway bar, and I think Bilstein shocks. Badlands has an even more aggressive gear ratio but looks like Black Diamond is pretty sweet too.

if you can live without the front locker and disco bar, and basically all of us who aren’t at Moab probably can, you then save $8K by going Black Diamond in this configuration as opposed to Badlands.

Amirite?
That's exactly my build in a 4-door with soft top and mid package..

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Amirite?
That is My Build but I added Tow & Mid Packages.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing that’s missed with the ‘squatch is the wheel upgrade. I REALLY like the squatch wheels after seeing them in person. No reason to upgrade.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing that’s missed with the ‘squatch is the wheel upgrade. I REALLY like the squatch wheels after seeing them in person. No reason to upgrade.
Chances they are all black behind the ring?
Why in the world can’t we see a picture of them without it ??
Sponsored