Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’ve been driving a part-time 4x4 Black Diamond for 2.5 years. It’s pretty easy to push the button for 4H when you need it. You can do it while driving in any gear. It’s not a $10k option IMO if the rest isn’t necessary to you.

I concur about tires. FWIW - the General Grabber are better in snow than the Good Year on the Sasquatch.

If I wanted an all wheel drive I would have bought a Subaru.
This is one of the factors that pointed me to the BD....the Grabbers. Im accustomed to AWD cars, Subarus, Buick, Toyota Sienna....but I believe an old dog can learn new tricks. Just push the button Dad.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only gripe with the part time 4wd is having to let off the gas for it to engage. I absolutely love my 4 cylinder Black Diamond non-sas. Just drove through 6" of snow on highway 50 and looking at 4-6" of snow tomorrow on my way back home. Bronco is heavy and has a good weight distribution which makes for excellent performance in poor weather.

Fyi I am getting 15mpg towing my small trailer on 37s if I stay 65-70mph after that it goes to 10-11mpg pretty quick.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The advanced 4x4 transfer case has a lower low gear ratio, better for offroading. I would get SAS if you can afford it!

I wish they had a trim/package that was a Base with advanced 4x4, front and rear locker! That would be sweet starting point for an offroad rig!
They did. unti Ford killed the Base. 23 basemansquatch 42k out the door. R.I.P Base.

20231001_183715.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Do I love or hate this post? LOL. Jealous!!!
NO BasemanSquatch for me in 2021 ....still pissed about that! HAD to have the manual..... still freaking LOVE it though!!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My only gripe with the part time 4wd is having to let off the gas for it to engage. I absolutely love my 4 cylinder Black Diamond non-sas. Just drove through 6" of snow on highway 50 and looking at 4-6" of snow tomorrow on my way back home. Bronco is heavy and has a good weight distribution which makes for excellent performance in poor weather.

Fyi I am getting 15mpg towing my small trailer on 37s if I stay 65-70mph after that it goes to 10-11mpg pretty quick.
Agree on the letting off the throttle thing, Bronco is obsessive about this. I'm smart enough not to try it when spinning a tire. You'd think it would just use wheel speed sensors to determine no spin and let her go.

...but you won't be doing any shifting to 4H on the way home anyway, right?;)

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only gripe with the part time 4wd is having to let off the gas for it to engage.
Agree on the letting off the throttle thing, Bronco is obsessive about this.
Interesting, I switch back and forth all the time and haven't ever noticed a problem. I'll have to pay attention next time.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think driving conditions will really dictate the usefulness of 4A. Here in AK we don't salt, it's mostly gravel/sand for traction. Snow on the ground 6 months of the year. All I own are 4x4/awd vehicles. Most of my current fleet has Auto 4x4 or full time AWD. It just makes daily driving so effortless, coming up on a dry intersection or roundabout, no need to shift the t-case. I still have 2 regular old part time 4x4 trucks and it annoys me to have to shift back and forth. I run dedicated snow tires on everything I own. Nokian Hakkapeliittas that are studded on the Bronco and it's a fantastic winter vehicle. But 3 things I had to have were heated seats, heated steering wheel and Auto 4x4.

Personally, just get the Sasquatch package, it's worth it.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I'm reading the order guide correctly,
4A is standard on the Badlands, Raptor and HEL or any other trim that has Squatch standard.

It is part of the Sasquatch pkg for any other trim.

IE, it is no longer available without Squatch on the lesser trims. (BB, BD, OBX )

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta...d1c88382b394627600564d&force-system-browser=1
That's Ford's bullshit option bundling for you. They do that on the F-150 also: You can't get auto 4WD unless you buy up to the Lariat. I have an XLT, and in 4WD, even in the slick snow, the front end goes BUMP BUMP BUMP when I make the 90-degree turn at the top of my driveway. It feels like something binding and then releasing. I would definitely prefer the auto 4WD.

OP
OP
HolidayDog

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Alrighty..,.I guess I’m going SAS now.

4 door BD
SAS w/ 4A
2.3 Auto
Mid Pkg
Tow Pkg
Hard Top w/ Rack
Another Green Eruption!

OP
OP
HolidayDog

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I better update my own thread.

The BD with SAS, roof racks, 2.3 auto, MIC and mid package is actually the same price as an Everglades! Kind of a wonder why my dealer didn’t point this out but….

Long story short….i put out the hunt for a 24 Everglades and found one for sale at another dealer. I called to confirm or ask if it was for sale and not just a hype listing on their site.
I was a custom order someone backed out of and so I bought it.
Cancelled my BD order and will be getting my $1000 deposit back soon.

The EG is being built today, 1/8.
Hopefully driving it by the end of February.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be happy with the SQ package and 4A. The penalty mileage wise is surprisingly minor. I read a lot of the comments and don’t agree with most about 4H vs 4A, there is a significant difference between a mechanically locked center differential and an system that can differentiate and distribute power and braking independently front to rear . The 4A is also apparently a bit more robust, as it’s standard with the larger tires and axles. I have had several conversations with people involved in the design and engineering of the Bronco and they are unanimous that anything going with larger wheels and tires should use the 4A for a few reasons. Enjoy! (I started with a non SQ 2.7 Badlands and upgraded to take off Good Year 315/70/17s btw).
Sponsored