Sponsored

Switching tops?

What is your top option for your bronco?

• Staying with/ switching to a soft top

• Staying with/ switching to MIC top

• Staying with/ switching to 2023 options (dual tops, white top, MOD top, etc)

• My model is not eligible to change tops

Results are only viewable after voting.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just another victim of the roof debacle. I'm interested to hear if others are intending to switch tops, and what reasoning people have.

I'm sitting on the fence and hoping someone more informed than I am will be able to inform/sway me one way or the next.
Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll walk before I compromise with a soft-top. Sure I can get one (after September) with the plumbing for a hard-top later, but:

1. Who knows how much a MIC top will be after the fact? Likely it will be $2,000 or more and shipping.
  2. Who knows when the MIC top would be available to buy from Ford. If they can't even meet reservation demands, it could be 2023 or even 2024 before people might actually be able to buy an MIC top.
I live in Minnesota, I have zero interest in running a soft top for multiple winters and having to pay thousands more to get the top I do want. I get why everyone who switches is doing so, but at the end of the day, if I can't get the Bronco in a hard-top in a reasonable amount of time I'll find something else to buy. I don't need to be dicked around for multiple years on this.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll walk before I compromise with a soft-top. Sure I can get one (after September) with the plumbing for a hard-top later, but:

1. Who knows how much a MIC top will be after the fact? Likely it will be $2,000 or more and shipping.
  2. Who knows when the MIC top would be available to buy from Ford. If they can't even meet reservation demands, it could be 2023 or even 2024 before people might actually be able to buy an MIC top.
I live in Minnesota, I have zero interest in running a soft top for multiple winters and having to pay thousands more to get the top I do want. I get why everyone who switches is doing so, but at the end of the day, if I can't get the Bronco in a hard-top in a reasonable amount of time I'll find something else to buy. I don't need to be dicked around for multiple years on this.
Million dollar question, would Ford locking in rates for 2022 and 2023 also lock in the Hardtop roof options so they are no more expensive than the 2021 Price and Build?

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Million dollar question, would Ford locking in rates for 2022 and 2023 also lock in the Hardtop roof options so they are no more expensive than the 2021 Price and Build numbers?

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

this echoes some of my concerns. I'd get the soft top for now... but PA weathers are not always kind where I am and I do not have a garage space for my bronco so it'll be braving the elements.

Also... I originally had dual tops and was given the sound deadening headlines for free... If I switch to soft top I forego that (because that makes sense?).

I'm just feeling a bit cornered by Ford.

Sponsored

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just another victim of the roof debacle. I'm interested to hear if others are intending to switch tops, and what reasoning people have.

I'm sitting on the fence and hoping someone more informed than I am will be able to inform/sway me one way or the next.
I'm switching because I can live with a soft top for a year and a half or two - I'd much rather that over continuing to drive a 2005 Camry on the road only!

Plus, by the time 2023 hits, there could be some rad after market options in addition to the options through Ford. I like options :).

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm switching because I can live with a soft top for a year and a half or two - I'd much rather that over continuing to drive a 2005 Camry on the road only!

Plus, by the time 2023 hits, there could be some rad after market options in addition to the options through Ford. I like options :).
I thought I could live with the soft top for a year or so... but I have never had a soft top car before and heard that it won't survive out of a garage for a winter and that worries me.

I see you have Lux package also - do you think the switch will bump you since you have other constraints? The only other thing besides the top I have is the lux package.... I just can't bring myself to part with a heated steering wheel.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to make the switch after the May 27th email. Was willing to live without the connections for the hard top. That concern goes away with the June 25th email. The aftermarket will fill the void way before 2023 and will have to be cheaper than Ford to be competitive.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I could live with the soft top for a year or so... but I have never had a soft top car before and heard that it won't survive out of a garage for a winter and that worries me.

I see you have Lux package also - do you think the switch will bump you since you have other constraints? The only other thing besides the top I have is the lux package.... I just can't bring myself to part with a heated steering wheel.
I am keeping that lux package because while I want a fun vehicle to adventure in, I also want a heated seat lol....taking the bet that since the top is the BIGGEST constraint...I might get lucky. I guess if I don't have a build date by late September though I'll prob switch back and wait it out for MIC, since we'll be heading into top-on weather anyway.

And I do have garage space for the Bronco, so that does help in my decision making.
Sponsored