Sponsored

Switching tops?

What is your top option for your bronco?

• Staying with/ switching to a soft top

• Staying with/ switching to MIC top

• Staying with/ switching to 2023 options (dual tops, white top, MOD top, etc)

• My model is not eligible to change tops

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another victim of the roof debacle. I'm interested to hear if others are intending to switch tops, and what reasoning people have.
When they start building 2023 Broncos in 2037 I will get my 2-door with whatever insulated top is available.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When they start building 2023 Broncos in 2037 I will get my 2-door with whatever insulated top is available.
I hope they have a gull wing by then, than will be cool!

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no, they never promised anything about aftermarket prices. expect to pay ~3k for a mic top as an accesssory. maybe more.
Based on what Jeep tops cost, I’m counting on $3,500 at least… plus shipping.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already switched to soft from dual mod option, and so glad I did. A. I got a July build date! (And I'm an 8/15 res!) and B. finally ignored the folks warning about softtops in winter in Chicago area. Seriously. I've noted that there are a lot out there. And C. Finally realized that at my age, I don't want to screw with changing the tops with the seasons. Screw that.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contacted my dealer over the weekend to change from MIC top to a “soft top top with free prep kit” option. Was informed that’s not an option in the order system, yet.

I didn’t even consider that would be an actual option added until the dealer mentions it. That made me wonder if that is actually going to be an option at some point this week (dealer suggested it might be), or if it’s more of a switch to soft top and hope you get scheduled after August situation.

after thinking about it more, I asked him to just switch me to a soft top. It will schedule when it schedules. If it’s built before September, I get my Bronco a little early. I’m willing to trade the free plumbing to skip the line a bit. If I get schedules in September, I hit it just right. If I get pushed to MY22, I’ll go back to waiting on a MIC top.

Truth be told, if I go soft top from the factory, there little chance I pay the hefty premium to add a hard top later. And there are some advantages of a soft top, aesthetics aside. So, the additional plumbing/wiring isn’t really as big a deal as I was making it out to be in my head.

If you are dead set on getting your truck early with soft top AND adding hard top later, I can see where one would be in a tough spot right now.

Sponsored

Shabakuza

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STi // 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had to switch. I was waiting for a Wildtrak with the black top but now that it is 23MY I changed everything to a fully loaded Badlands with the MIC top.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swapping from a MIC top to a soft top. I originally wanted dual tops anyway, I went MIC first to ensure I had the plumbing. Now that there is a plumbing kit, this is a no brained for me. I’ll get the MIC or color matching top eventually when it’s available.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still hoping for a MOD top. Not due to the looks, but rather for the mechanics of it. However if they offer a top that functions like the MOD top, but looks like the MIC, I could live with that just fine.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Contacted my dealer over the weekend to change from MIC top to a “soft top top with free prep kit” option. Was informed that’s not an option in the order system, yet.

I didn’t even consider that would be an actual option added until the dealer mentions it. That made me wonder if that is actually going to be an option at some point this week (dealer suggested it might be), or if it’s more of a switch to soft top and hope you get scheduled after August situation.

after thinking about it more, I asked him to just switch me to a soft top. It will schedule when it schedules. If it’s built before September, I get my Bronco a little early. I’m willing to trade the free plumbing to skip the line a bit. If I get schedules in September, I hit it just right. If I get pushed to MY22, I’ll go back to waiting on a MIC top.

Truth be told, if I go soft top from the factory, there little chance I pay the hefty premium to add a hard top later. And there are some advantages of a soft top, aesthetics aside. So, the additional plumbing/wiring isn’t really as big a deal as I was making it out to be in my head.

If you are dead set on getting your truck early with soft top AND adding hard top later, I can see where one would be in a tough spot right now.
I was just coming to post about this! My dealer gave me the same feedback.

Sponsored

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who’s your dealer? I’m with SAC in WV.
Overall great experience with them so far.
Kendall Ford in Meridian, ID. No complaints!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was already waiting till MY22 for a MOD too, but I can’t wait till 23 or later. So I’ve switched to the MIC top for my 2D Bronco.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well... yeah.
I mean like, did you change your order only since the friday message and get a build date already?
No, I'd been following the top issues and, realized that the softtop might get built sooner... Though I have the v6, 10 speed, and towing.... And just talked myself into soft only. Is such a late rez, I figured Christmas at best.

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decided to roll the dice and go soft-top, but with the hardtop hook ups. Lets see I can at the very least get a VIN.
Day 1 res, day 1 order.
dealer said they’d put in as soon as scheduling happens so I can get a chance at the hard top kit, but hoping we don’t have to.
Sponsored