Sponsored

Switching tops?

What is your top option for your bronco?

• Staying with/ switching to a soft top

• Staying with/ switching to MIC top

• Staying with/ switching to 2023 options (dual tops, white top, MOD top, etc)

• My model is not eligible to change tops

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I switched from mod to mic and realized I would never be satisfied with that choice. I bought something else 2 months ago. Seeing the latest news, I did the right thing for me. Some of the incentives I got won't be there in 23.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another victim of the roof debacle. I'm interested to hear if others are intending to switch tops, and what reasoning people have.

I'm sitting on the fence and hoping someone more informed than I am will be able to inform/sway me one way or the next.
Just my 2 cents. This should be segregated by 2dr vs 4dr since 2dr does not have the option to switch to soft top it would give a better to gauge how many that can switch are switching

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just my 2 cents. This should be segregated by 2dr vs 4dr since 2dr does not have the option to switch to soft top it would give a better to gauge how many that can switch are switching
I thought about doing that but added the "Ineligible to switch" option instead. I know there are other builds that are stuck with no soft top option (like the Wildtrack?) so I just made another group. I can certainly repost if everyone thinks the poll would be more valuable.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched my model to a soft top long before the most recent announcement. When I saw how easy it was to drop it down, I was sold. SoCal livin baby :cool:

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just another victim of the roof debacle. I'm interested to hear if others are intending to switch tops, and what reasoning people have.

I'm sitting on the fence and hoping someone more informed than I am will be able to inform/sway me one way or the next.
I switched today wanted MOD but going to get MIC not happy. But I feel that Ford gave to many options and that’s why we’re in this mess. Should have offered soft or MIC.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about doing that but added the "Ineligible to switch" option instead. I know there are other builds that are stuck with no soft top option (like the Wildtrack?) so I just made another group. I can certainly repost if everyone thinks the poll would be more valuable.
My mistake, I overlooked the ineligible to switch. I initially chose a mod top but now that it is MY23 I plan to change and then get it later. Probably later that I like but it will be easier to wait while driving one.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Contacted my dealer over the weekend to change from MIC top to a “soft top top with free prep kit” option. Was informed that’s not an option in the order system, yet.

I didn’t even consider that would be an actual option added until the dealer mentions it. That made me wonder if that is actually going to be an option at some point this week (dealer suggested it might be), or if it’s more of a switch to soft top and hope you get scheduled after August situation.

after thinking about it more, I asked him to just switch me to a soft top. It will schedule when it schedules. If it’s built before September, I get my Bronco a little early. I’m willing to trade the free plumbing to skip the line a bit. If I get schedules in September, I hit it just right. If I get pushed to MY22, I’ll go back to waiting on a MIC top.

Truth be told, if I go soft top from the factory, there little chance I pay the hefty premium to add a hard top later. And there are some advantages of a soft top, aesthetics aside. So, the additional plumbing/wiring isn’t really as big a deal as I was making it out to be in my head.

If you are dead set on getting your truck early with soft top AND adding hard top later, I can see where one would be in a tough spot right now.
My dealer said the same! They are going to switch me to softtop as soon as it is available with the hardtop kit. With the $fordpass credits and adding more with oil changes and such, I figured that would save up a good amount to get the hardtop when available.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Idaho-bronco where are you from? I'm in Boise ordering from Kendall Ford.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm switching because I can live with a soft top for a year and a half or two - I'd much rather that over continuing to drive a 2005 Camry on the road only!

Plus, by the time 2023 hits, there could be some rad after market options in addition to the options through Ford. I like options :).
Ha...I changed my mind. My dealer had me wait until the option for the kit was in the ordering system, and in the last week of waiting, I saw others getting their MIC tops and realized I don't want to spend 55k and not have my vehicle be what I want, so I decided not to change after all and am sticking with MIC. Plus...by the time I'd get it in what, October/November at EARLIEST, it wouldn't be top off weather anyway, so I'll get it when I get it I guess!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

with the latest delays on tops I converted my order yesterday with my dealer. Was gonna wait to get a green model with green painted hard top, but I don't want to wait over a year to get it, especially if green ends up being limited to the high trims. Luckily 2 door MIC is more obtainable than 4 door

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im leaning towards making a switch and waiting till 23.
Sponsored