Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going forward, the only company that can stop Ford from surpassing Jeep is: Ford

The Bronco will either be the next Wrangler, or the next Edsel.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I'm 6'3" and it feels like all of their seats are going to give me instant back problems. My back has been loving the Bronco seats though.
I'm 6'3" myself and when I finally got to test drive a Wildtrack when the first demos were given to dealers, I had to move the seat up. That has never happened in my adult life. I cried a little.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where are the Bronco day one reservation holders who are, sadly, still waiting? Are they manning the bar at this party?
They're outside parking everyone else's Broncos.

JDL

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Badlands 2D on Order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are the Bronco day one reservation holders who are, sadly, still waiting? Are they manning the bar at this party?
Great question! I actually purchased a Gladiator as an intermediate vehicle as I waited for my Bronco order to be fulfilled. I bought it from the same dealer that had my reservation for the Bronco. I truly expected this would create an understanding that I was a loyal customer. Over a year later, I have seen price increases and forced to change my vehicle to a 2023. I have now been told I can't have the vehicle ordered unless I drop some of the items I wanted. I could keep the order the way it is, but the price will go up and I won't receive until 2024 sometime. I personally believe Ford has treated its customers like CRAP! Assuming an order is a purchase and making that part of their sales numbers. That is a Joke. I can walk over to the Jeep dealer and purchase a Jeep at MSRP or less, any day. Even if there is a supply chain issue.

I have never received an apology from Ford, I have never received an incentive to keep my reservation active, I have never received any (what do you call them) Ford credits. I say this because I am sure there are many just like me. Ford, you should pay attention to your customers and treat them better than your dealers. Dealers, you need to make the customer your priority. The dollar is not your customer, it is simply a handshake that begins a relationship.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one can make enough... but Ford also has shitty dealers that are screwing over reservation holders on a daily basis and they are doing nothing about it. Ford is screwing over all the people that have reservations with @Zach@Granger and other dealers that are trying to treat customers right as well as make a small profit. There is NO excuse for this. You can't make the rules before the game and then change them because one of the players is crying when they do not get their way. @Ford Motor Company should make all the reservation holders Broncos first and then if the production line needs to keep moving, build Big Bends and base models to fill in, or build more Rangers.
I have a feeling you may finally get your wish.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're outside parking everyone else's Broncos.
Then running home saying "honey I drove a bronco today" just to hear "sure you did"

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree. I am looking at Gladiators as well.
I rented a Gladiator (Mojave) hard top for a week and then a reg 4 door grocery edition Jeep hard/soft top. I did not like the 4 door Jeep's ride. Std size tires made it feel like it was coming apart over hard bump (shuddering) both vehicles were low miles <5k. The only thing I really likes was the retractable ragtop on the hard top, slid all the way back. The Glad Moj was much better on the Fox susp and 35's. I had it in Idaho City, ID and actually got on some trails, break over, and departure were as to be expected and limited me where I could go. Neither of these I would consider trading for my WT Lux 2dr. When I had the 4dr std. Jeep, I even stopped by the Ford Dealer in Bozeman and test drove a 4dr Sas base they had for sale. Bronco Sas ride was comparable to the Mojave but much better that the std 4dr with road tires. I've never liked Dodge so I biased from the start. In the search to replace my FJC, the Bronco won handily.

Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Nearly Caught Jeep Wrangler in Sales IMG_0058

Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Nearly Caught Jeep Wrangler in Sales IMG_6243

The Mojave I rented in Idaho...
Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Nearly Caught Jeep Wrangler in Sales 68789705199__1CEAC932-7736-4C68-99E6-699157DEF7DD

The other reason I don't need a Mojave...
Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Nearly Caught Jeep Wrangler in Sales IMG_5379

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a feeling you may finally get your wish.
I am guessing you mean that they are making more Rangers and lower model Broncos?
My wish is that they make all of your Broncos!!

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only reason the Bronco hasn't beaten the Wrangler in sales yet is Ford's inability to navigate an ecosystem that other manufacturers have better navigated. Ford can't make enough. This article is not something to celebrate; it is a good reminder of huge missed opportunities by Ford.
I agree, if Ford didn’t have the problems with parts and delivery there’s a good chance Ford would have a better sales situation, possibly better than Jeep and less cancellations of orders that went with Jeep.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one can make enough... but Ford also has shitty dealers that are screwing over reservation holders on a daily basis and they are doing nothing about it. Ford is screwing over all the people that have reservations with @Zach@Granger and other dealers that are trying to treat customers right as well as make a small profit. There is NO excuse for this. You can't make the rules before the game and then change them because one of the players is crying when they do not get their way. @Ford Motor Company should make all the reservation holders Broncos first and then if the production line needs to keep moving, build Big Bends and base models to fill in, or build more Rangers.
Granger got over 100 scheduled last month. It's taken Ford WAYYY too long to start boosting Grangers allocation but at least it's finally happening. Same goes for Stephens auto center. They got around 30 spread out over a month or so after only getting 0-5 for most scheduling periods for the past two years

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I echo what others have said about seat comfort/interior space.

Full disclosure, I'm totally a "Jeep Guy". I'd honestly never have considered a Bronco if I could fit comfortably in a Wrangler. For Jeep to compete with the Bronco long-term (assuming reliability/capability/availability equals out between the two), Jeep would need to do these things:

- Redesign the structure/roll cage to move or eliminate the Sport Bar. That design is just terrible. It's an absolute safety hazard for any tall driver
- Design a more adjustable, more comfortable driver's seat and passenger seat
- Consider (gasp) IFS for non-Rubicon models

I know that last point is probably heresy... but most Wrangler buyers drive 99% of the time on-road and do very light off-roading, if any. The on-road benefits of IFS way outweigh the ruggedness and off-road capability of a straight axle for most buyers. Keep a straight axle option in the Rubicon or other off-road focused trims and charge a premium for it. When the take rate is basically zilch a few years later, then Jeep could nix the straight axle option and say, "No one wanted it."

I know it's a "my dealer said", but I heard they're phasing out the 3.6 this year and making the 2.0 turbo the standard engine. I hope they're developing a manual trans to pair with that.

I think if they did a mid-cycle refresh with a new interior (like they did in '12 with the JK) and promoted the 2.0 turbo as the new standard, torquier, more fuel-efficient engine, they could easily eek another 4-5 years out of the current Wrangler.

A lot of the decisions Ford made with the Bronco were well-reasoned and well executed. Long term, it's a much more practical all around vehicle for most buyers than a Wrangler is. I've always felt it would ultimately end up competing more with the 4runner than with the Wrangler. But if Jeep made those few adjustments, it'd be a tough choice between the two.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great question! I actually purchased a Gladiator as an intermediate vehicle as I waited for my Bronco order to be fulfilled. I bought it from the same dealer that had my reservation for the Bronco. I truly expected this would create an understanding that I was a loyal customer. Over a year later, I have seen price increases and forced to change my vehicle to a 2023. I have now been told I can't have the vehicle ordered unless I drop some of the items I wanted. I could keep the order the way it is, but the price will go up and I won't receive until 2024 sometime. I personally believe Ford has treated its customers like CRAP! Assuming an order is a purchase and making that part of their sales numbers. That is a Joke. I can walk over to the Jeep dealer and purchase a Jeep at MSRP or less, any day. Even if there is a supply chain issue.

I have never received an apology from Ford, I have never received an incentive to keep my reservation active, I have never received any (what do you call them) Ford credits. I say this because I am sure there are many just like me. Ford, you should pay attention to your customers and treat them better than your dealers. Dealers, you need to make the customer your priority. The dollar is not your customer, it is simply a handshake that begins a relationship.
I totally agree with you, I ordered a Wildtrak SAS, lux, tow, mic, and refused to change anything. I complained any chance I got and in any forum and media platform. We refused to cancel or make any changes. Last week our dealership called to attempt to sell a lesser bronco they had in stock and told me that no Wildtrak will be built this year especially if they had what we had ordered. The next day we received an email from ford WITH A VIN AND PRODUCTION DATE.
Don’t give up. Ford or Dealers are not in this business to help customers, they’re in it for the money so do what you have to do in order to satisfy yourself.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That article is misleading. It's cherry-picking certain months for it's comparison. Ford has quite a way to go if they want to catch up to Wrangler production. The Jeep was down 23k in 2022, I'll bet the Bronco had something to do with that!
I don't have the exact number for 2022 Bronco production, it was 116k at the end of Oct 2022. The best month was 15k. If MAP can do that every month, that's 180k Broncos.... which could potentially catch Wrangler.

Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Nearly Caught Jeep Wrangler in Sales 1675786995343

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger got over 100 scheduled last month. It's taken Ford WAYYY too long to start boosting Grangers allocation but at least it's finally happening. Same goes for Stephens auto center. They got around 30 spread out over a month or so after only getting 0-5 for most scheduling periods for the past two years
That is awesome to hear. Ford still screwing over the end user because they are not willing to hold over reservations any longer and give price protection. I feel for all those that are still waiting on theirs. The money they have lost already because of lost sales is a ton more than they would lose giving price protection until ALL reservations are built. If a person 99ed their order waiting on a painted top, that is a little different. If the order is in, then it should be guaranteed. At least dealerships like Granger and Stephens are treating their customers with respect and showing how much they care. My small town dealer is the same way. MSRP period. They sold a 2 door outer banks SAS that the res holder did not take for MSRP. Only exceptions for them are Heritage, Braptor, and Shelby mustangs.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the search to replace my FJC, the Bronco won handily.
I liked the FJ Cruiser but I couldn't get past how huge the blind spots were so I didn't get one.

The other reason I don't need a Mojave...
Funny that Mojave used to be a Toyota trim package.
Sponsored