First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Badlands 2D on Order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree with you, I ordered a Wildtrak SAS, lux, tow, mic, and refused to change anything. I complained any chance I got and in any forum and media platform. We refused to cancel or make any changes. Last week our dealership called to attempt to sell a lesser bronco they had in stock and told me that no Wildtrak will be built this year especially if they had what we had ordered. The next day we received an email from ford WITH A VIN AND PRODUCTION DATE.
Don’t give up. Ford or Dealers are not in this business to help customers, they’re in it for the money so do what you have to do in order to satisfy yourself.
Thank you, What a great group of people. I gotta say, Ford doesn't deserve its customer base. I appreciate your advice.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is awesome to hear. Ford still screwing over the end user because they are not willing to hold over reservations any longer and give price protection. I feel for all those that are still waiting on theirs. The money they have lost already because of lost sales is a ton more than they would lose giving price protection until ALL reservations are built. If a person 99ed their order waiting on a painted top, that is a little different. If the order is in, then it should be guaranteed. At least dealerships like Granger and Stephens are treating their customers with respect and showing how much they care. My small town dealer is the same way. MSRP period. They sold a 2 door outer banks SAS that the res holder did not take for MSRP. Only exceptions for them are Heritage, Braptor, and Shelby mustangs.
There's no such thing as lost sales when it comes to Broncos. They all get sold and quickly.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally agree with you, I ordered a Wildtrak SAS, lux, tow, mic, and refused to change anything. I complained any chance I got and in any forum and media platform. We refused to cancel or make any changes. Last week our dealership called to attempt to sell a lesser bronco they had in stock and told me that no Wildtrak will be built this year especially if they had what we had ordered. The next day we received an email from ford WITH A VIN AND PRODUCTION DATE.
Don’t give up. Ford or Dealers are not in this business to help customers, they’re in it for the money so do what you have to do in order to satisfy yourself.
Obviously it was a conspiracy by Ford and the dealer to get you to buy something now. :rolleyes:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And this in spite of how Ford treats their customers and want to be customers, and inability to produce said vehicles. Pretty amazing.

Makes you wonder, what if? What if they did do things well and right???

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Granger got over 100 scheduled last month. It's taken Ford WAYYY too long to start boosting Grangers allocation but at least it's finally happening. Same goes for Stephens auto center. They got around 30 spread out over a month or so after only getting 0-5 for most scheduling periods for the past two years
Is it true that Granger got all or nearly all of their manuals scheduled in these last few weeks?

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

should make all the reservation holders Broncos first and then if the production line needs to keep moving, build Big Bends and base models to fill in, or build more Rangers.
From what i've been told, currently MAP can't build more Broncos even if they build less Rangers. I was told that Rangers more or less went out of production for a few weeks due to the brake line manufacture going out of business-they couldn't increase Bronco production because they plant isn't configured that way due to trim/body issues.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if these numbers are slightly skewed by Bronco buyers having waited so long and buying them the moment they hit the lot. Once backorders are built, will sales still be similar? We'll have to wait and see.

Dollar for dollar, a base bronco is better than a base wrangler for the vast majority of people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a truly base wrangler doesn't even have power windows or AC. Not to mention an IFS is more expensive to manufacturer than a solid axle. I can't imagine jeep not dropping their prices or offering rebates.

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 C10, 70 240z, 74 X1/9, 18 Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully, this will lead to deep Jeep discounts and I can pick up a far below invoice Gladiator for small truck stuff.
I'm starting to see well specced Rubicon Gladiators under $50k on the lots around me.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it true that Granger got all or nearly all of their manuals scheduled in these last few weeks?
I dont know. There was a scheduling period in which a majority of those scheduled were manual transmissions. Used to be random. Now there is a pattern to what they are scheduling each period. Probably in an attempt to streamline the assembly process by reducing variation between broncos in the assembly line on any given day ("we are building manual badlands with high package on tuesday... 4 door softied big bends and outer banks on Wednesday....Heritage everglades and raptors on Thursday..." Etc).

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Obviously it was a conspiracy by Ford and the dealer to get you to buy something now. :rolleyes:
That’s what it sounded like to me, but I received my VIN the next day!

Sponsored

PDXMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I echo what others have said about seat comfort/interior space.

Full disclosure, I'm totally a "Jeep Guy". I'd honestly never have considered a Bronco if I could fit comfortably in a Wrangler. For Jeep to compete with the Bronco long-term (assuming reliability/capability/availability equals out between the two), Jeep would need to do these things:

- Redesign the structure/roll cage to move or eliminate the Sport Bar. That design is just terrible. It's an absolute safety hazard for any tall driver
- Design a more adjustable, more comfortable driver's seat and passenger seat
- Consider (gasp) IFS for non-Rubicon models

I know that last point is probably heresy... but most Wrangler buyers drive 99% of the time on-road and do very light off-roading, if any. The on-road benefits of IFS way outweigh the ruggedness and off-road capability of a straight axle for most buyers. Keep a straight axle option in the Rubicon or other off-road focused trims and charge a premium for it. When the take rate is basically zilch a few years later, then Jeep could nix the straight axle option and say, "No one wanted it."

I know it's a "my dealer said", but I heard they're phasing out the 3.6 this year and making the 2.0 turbo the standard engine. I hope they're developing a manual trans to pair with that.

I think if they did a mid-cycle refresh with a new interior (like they did in '12 with the JK) and promoted the 2.0 turbo as the new standard, torquier, more fuel-efficient engine, they could easily eek another 4-5 years out of the current Wrangler.

A lot of the decisions Ford made with the Bronco were well-reasoned and well executed. Long term, it's a much more practical all around vehicle for most buyers than a Wrangler is. I've always felt it would ultimately end up competing more with the 4runner than with the Wrangler. But if Jeep made those few adjustments, it'd be a tough choice between the two.

+1 on the sport bar design. It makes it a death trap for any tall drivers. It crosses it off as an option for any tall drivers.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're outside parking everyone else's Broncos.
damn that's savage lol
we need to comfort our Bronco reservation holder brethren.... they're going through tough times right now <3

Then running home saying "honey I drove a bronco today" just to hear "sure you did"
ufff

Great question! I actually purchased a Gladiator as an intermediate vehicle as I waited for my Bronco order to be fulfilled. I bought it from the same dealer that had my reservation for the Bronco. I truly expected this would create an understanding that I was a loyal customer. Over a year later, I have seen price increases and forced to change my vehicle to a 2023. I have now been told I can't have the vehicle ordered unless I drop some of the items I wanted. I could keep the order the way it is, but the price will go up and I won't receive until 2024 sometime. I personally believe Ford has treated its customers like CRAP! Assuming an order is a purchase and making that part of their sales numbers. That is a Joke. I can walk over to the Jeep dealer and purchase a Jeep at MSRP or less, any day. Even if there is a supply chain issue.

I have never received an apology from Ford, I have never received an incentive to keep my reservation active, I have never received any (what do you call them) Ford credits. I say this because I am sure there are many just like me. Ford, you should pay attention to your customers and treat them better than your dealers. Dealers, you need to make the customer your priority. The dollar is not your customer, it is simply a handshake that begins a relationship.
it's just a vehicle and it's just a corporation, but damn, this makes me sad.... Ford should be a little nicer to people who love the brand and are (hopefully doesn't turn into were) excited about getting a Bronco. kinda disappointing

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

apples and oranges.... try taking the top and doors off your toyota and take it out jumping.....
Bronco straddles the Wrangler/4Runner market. Either is a fair comparison.
Sponsored