First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Terribly sorry to bust anyone's bubble, American's are definitely paying above MSRP... whether it being new or pre-owned. If you have to buy a used vehicle, please make sure you plan on keeping it for over 5 years... because you are not getting out of it unless you get a hell of a deal. I have people paying $5k over for Escapes... similar situations I'm hearing from the other dealerships on my strip... All of them out of state as well.

EDIT: I understand that this is about the Bronco First Edition... but trust me, the dealers are not being beaten by their own games - the horror stories you'd hear if you worked in a dealership about the gross being made on the used market. It is the highest it has ever been. It is just the way the market it is right now. You need to make sure you find the right dealership and a trustworthy sales person.

EDIT 2: Also, it isn't even all the dealers in the equation... you have consumers trading their vehicles in for alarming figures... anyone who sees the trend here and has studied economics 101 - we are heading for a crash. Inflation being at an all-time high... save your money ;)

Last edited:

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I canā€™t believe how many FEs are on the dealer lots in the Dallas Fort Worth area. The dealers are stubborn no one is buying them and they arenā€™t lowering their prices. Atleast not yet.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda of BS here on this one. No offense OP but facts are otherwise.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a ranty post. I couldn't really follow....so the TL/DR is "Dealers tried to make a quick buck and it backfired".

Anyone who thinks waiting 2-3-4 years is going to get them a steal of a deal are wrong. If you can buy now on something like x-plan or even MSRP pricing you'll have a fair price. You may find a deal on a used badlands in 3 years, but if market trends are a thing, the Bronco will hold it's value just as well as Jeeps and 4Runners due to the vehicle being a true body on frame 4x4 for enthusiasts. Once you account for inflation and supply chain issues driving up costs, nobody is getting a "deal" on a Bronco for 5+ years or whenever they do a full model refresh. I'd just wait out you order and pay agreed pricing from an honest dealer or if you have the cash and want to pay over MSRP then do it. I didn't buy my Bronco because I think it will make me money, that's what real estate and market investments are for.

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This jives with what I saw today. I regularly check my 2020 F150 XLT on vroom and Carvana to see what they give me for my truck and today they were both about $9000 less than two weeks ago. I think the bubbles getting ready to bust

Several investors and ex car dealers said as of 2020 September if you can afford to not buy a car the next 18 months youā€™ll avoid the premium bubble.

Talking with some people who are in the industry theyā€™re saying right now a four-cylinder big Ben non Sasquatch soft top no toe package is only four weeks from order to delivery

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My argument against Sasquatch being available on all trims was in agreement with the OP based on the supposition that Ford beat themselves by doing so and eliminating the uniqueness of the FE trim. They also created unnecessary demand and constraints based on the Sasquatch package.

I'm glad that they did beat themselves. It is a win for consumers. Your case in point, you can get a fully capable vehicle at the price point that fits your budget.

But if Ford limited the Sasquatch package for MY'21 to the FE and WT trim, how much demand would there be for the Bronco for the first MY? I suspect that buyers who couldn't afford the FE or WT may have waited it out for MY'22 in the hope that the Sasquatch package was made available on lower trims. Doing so, they would have kept the inflated value on the FE and WT sustained and also eased the demand for MY'21.

I guess I'm trying to say that my initial post was an supportive argument in how Ford beat themselves. But in the end, I'm glad they did as it was a benefit to all consumers.
I think this is one of the thingā€™s that created the huge demand, get it like you want it. The value in lower trim with Sasquatch will blow Jeep out of the water and Ford will take a larger share of the market and all of the off road hype (free advertising). I think it was a brilliant marketing strategy!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two different dealers around me have marked up thier broncoā€™s outrageously one $19k above sticker, the other asking 61,500 for a BB 2 door sas. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³. I got mine for sticker, sucks but in todays are market seems you arenā€™t getting the deals like you used to be able to. Glad to hear some of the greedy ones may get what they deserve.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is off topic, but Iā€™ve actually been thinking about this a lot now that Iā€™m a homeowner and Iā€™m not sure I really care too much if home prices go up or down because I only own one house. If prices go up and I sell my home, the home I am buying will also go for more. And if prices go down, then Iā€™ll get less for my house but also pay less for the house I buy. The difference is generally when prices are down there are more available houses on the market. Totally different story for someone with multiple houses or a first time buyerā€¦ theyā€™ll definitely care.

Yeah, the house argument doesn't really hold up because when you buy a house, you're locked into the LOCATION. So markets can definitely play a factor there...

With vehicles... You can go anywhere you're willing to, get the best deal, and drive it home.

That's why when I got my "toy" reverse trike, I flew (using points) to California and drove it back to TX and saved thousands...

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs