Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes that is 100% correct, in addition the extremely small focus group that a certain member is concentrating on as he is trying to quote me and discredit my statments when compared to the huge group of over 250 more people (maybe less as a dealer might have multiple vehicles) when studied further would not only further explain what I said earlier but it would also tell a lot more about what is going on. My reason for posting, to let the people on here that have been accusing dealers of foul play and lack of ethical business practices know that there statements have merit.

Funny how there is not one 4cyl 4dr sale listed in that focus group. Maybe none were sold.

Either way, I dont have time to give a lesson on supply and demand as no one on here that has made comments about my comments clearly undestands it in depth based on their incorrect statements of what that does to price.

Most important point that was missed is that dealers dont normally buy vehicles and sell them at a loss.
Furthermore, I am not sure if a certain person works for a Ford dealer, but I am not sure he even knows how to read as he accused me of not being a dealer, not have access to this information on my own etc. when I clearly in my opening statement explain all of those things and to be honest I have no dog in this fight as it is not a fight its a fact finding and stating exercise.
The reality is they are still strong at the auction block and the numbers support this. But it's also econ 101 that as supply of Broncos increase that prices come down. No one is contesting that and it isn't even difficult to understand. As more people dump them out there they will saturate the mkt for them and hence bring what people are willing to pay for them down. As this rush to dump them out there or turn them slows the question is will they go up some as their scarcity increases. No one knows that until it actually happens.

The cost for new, 4drs was 63k to 64k not upoer 50s, and you quoted auction transaction prices mmr as low 70s when Manheim auctions exist all over the country and they continue to sell for mid 80k in every location. This could change as more get out there. But that would be common sense that they would as well. But for now there are still enough willing to pay high mark ups on fes to keep their values in the mid 80s for now. We will see how far they drop as more Broncos get out there.

Anytime something first comes out you pay more, tvs, cars. Etc doesn't matter as these aren't any exception.

And not that I agree with the administration markups, but the many, many dealers I know in the sw region are not having any problems selling their Broncos at msrp and above, or their used Broncos from auction at 10k to 15k over msrp. This won't last forever, but to globally say Americans are saying stick it to the dealers and aren't paying mark ups anymore is just not true at this time. Might become that way, but it isn't happening everywhere at this time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

interesting perspective. it would be a tad more compelling if the OP wasn't over in another forum bragging about how to make internet posts that distort actual pricing data, or advising people to pass bad checks.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes that is 100% correct, in addition the extremely small focus group that a certain member is concentrating on as he is trying to quote me and discredit my statments when compared to the huge group of over 250 more people (maybe less as a dealer might have multiple vehicles) when studied further would not only further explain what I said earlier but it would also tell a lot more about what is going on. My reason for posting, to let the people on here that have been accusing dealers of foul play and lack of ethical business practices know that there statements have merit.

Funny how there is not one 4cyl 4dr sale listed in that focus group. Maybe none were sold.

Either way, I dont have time to give a lesson on supply and demand as no one on here that has made comments about my comments clearly undestands it in depth based on their incorrect statements of what that does to price.

Most important point that was missed is that dealers dont normally buy vehicles and sell them at a loss.
Furthermore, I am not sure if a certain person works for a Ford dealer, but I am not sure he even knows how to read as he accused me of not being a dealer, not have access to this information on my own etc. when I clearly in my opening statement explain all of those things and to be honest I have no dog in this fight as it is not a fight its a fact finding and stating exercise.
Holy run on sentence Batman!

🦇

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think that’s correct, in my area people paying way over. Have no idea what Sasquatch has to do with it. Bottom line new cars hard to come by, parts shortages will make it even harder with thousands of truckers not going to get a jab either side of the border.

After another 100,000 Broncos are made it will be different.

For now you are paying more for Bronco’s with hard to get commodities.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd also like to add that if the Sasquatch package was only available to the FE/WT for MY'21 that would have retained the exclusive feature option and distinguished them apart from the lower trims.

Ford then could have offered the Sasquatch package on the Badlands and OBX in addition to the WT for the MY'22. Slowly each year offer the package to lower trims. It would have driven sales to higher trims and created less constraints on the Sasquatch package as the components wouldn't have been available for the lower trims.

The Base trim should have only served as the entry level sub-30K marketing point. But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.
I don’t see the problem with the base getting Sasquatch, it will probably hold value better than upper trim’s and I can afford a vehicle equipped just like I want it without all the fufu crap!

Sponsored

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder what the true break down of the FE's will be and would like to know the true numbers. I bought a 2dr FE LB and plan to enjoy it and was not looking to flip it and or trade it to get the raptor bronco.
There are other threads indicating about 922 2 doors and 3800 4 doors. This is based on people providing their VIN's looking through postings on eBay, etc. Dealers have done look-ups as well and can't locate VINS beyond these numbers.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t see the problem with the base getting Sasquatch, it will probably hold value better than upper trim’s and I can afford a vehicle equipped just like I want it without all the fufu crap!
My argument against Sasquatch being available on all trims was in agreement with the OP based on the supposition that Ford beat themselves by doing so and eliminating the uniqueness of the FE trim. They also created unnecessary demand and constraints based on the Sasquatch package.

I'm glad that they did beat themselves. It is a win for consumers. Your case in point, you can get a fully capable vehicle at the price point that fits your budget.

But if Ford limited the Sasquatch package for MY'21 to the FE and WT trim, how much demand would there be for the Bronco for the first MY? I suspect that buyers who couldn't afford the FE or WT may have waited it out for MY'22 in the hope that the Sasquatch package was made available on lower trims. Doing so, they would have kept the inflated value on the FE and WT sustained and also eased the demand for MY'21.

I guess I'm trying to say that my initial post was an supportive argument in how Ford beat themselves. But in the end, I'm glad they did as it was a benefit to all consumers.

Last edited:

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
interesting perspective. it would be a tad more compelling if the OP wasn't over in another forum bragging about how to make internet posts that distort actual pricing data, or advising people to pass bad checks.
tenor.gif

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are other threads indicating about 922 2 doors and 3800 4 doors. This is based on people providing their VIN's looking through postings on eBay, etc. Dealers have done look-ups as well and can't locate VINS beyond these numbers.
I saw a few post on this just so many different bronco groups it is hard to keep track of the location that it was posted on. Mine is 20490 so basically middle of the pack if the 922 is correct.

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My brother in law is at the corporate level for a large regional group of car dealers. He told me this morning auction sales for all cars are slowing. Prices are high still, but buyers aren’t going for it. In his view, consumers’ slush funds from stimulus and savings are running out.

It will be interesting how it works out when supply chains eventually overproduce as demand inevitably drops.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My brother in law is at the corporate level for a large regional group of car dealers. He told me this morning auction sales for all cars are slowing. Prices are high still, but buyers aren’t going for it. In his view, consumers’ slush funds from stimulus and savings are running out.

It will be interesting how it works out when supply chains overproduce eventually as demand inevitably drops.
If the fed raises rates several times this yr as expected, it will affect things as well. Prices up and rates up will likely slow things down as it's harder and harder for people to buy vehicles.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd also like to add that if the Sasquatch package was only available to the FE/WT for MY'21 that would have retained the exclusive feature option and distinguished them apart from the lower trims.

Ford then could have offered the Sasquatch package on the Badlands and OBX in addition to the WT for the MY'22. Slowly each year offer the package to lower trims. It would have driven sales to higher trims and created less constraints on the Sasquatch package as the components wouldn't have been available for the lower trims.

The Base trim should have only served as the entry level sub-30K marketing point. But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.
Exactly correct. This is why the 2Dr Base Mansquatch is the best value on the market if you can land it for MSRP. $38k pre tax is a steal in today market. Thats the price of a 2019 4 Runner SR5 with 30k miles.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure you'd love for home prices to keep going up so when u sell yours, you make more $. I've never heard anyone that sold there house complain about it going up or having made too much $ on it.

Or do all these people buying homes at high prices suck too?
This is off topic, but I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot now that I’m a homeowner and I’m not sure I really care too much if home prices go up or down because I only own one house. If prices go up and I sell my home, the home I am buying will also go for more. And if prices go down, then I’ll get less for my house but also pay less for the house I buy. The difference is generally when prices are down there are more available houses on the market. Totally different story for someone with multiple houses or a first time buyer… they’ll definitely care.
Sponsored