First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For this purpose, other than brand loyalty, why have you been waiting and anticipating the new bronco? You have had many options for many years.
Want something more fuel efficient than my 2008 F 150 5.4L V8 , only has 77K miles .

Owned a 1988 Bronco ll for 12 years and loved it - and NEVER crawled rocks with it :sunglasses:

At my age I want a comfortable ride that can brave nasty winter Wx and scoot across the NJ beaches for surf fishing .

OK ?
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

S
Want something more fuel efficient than my 2008 F 150 5.4L V8 , only has 77K miles .

Owned a 1988 Bronco ll for 12 years and loved it - and NEVER crawled rocks with it :sunglasses:

At my age I want a comfortable ride that can brave nasty winter Wx and scoot across the NJ beaches for surf fishing .

OK ?
Sounds like brand loyalt

OK ?
So brand loyalty...got it.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
don't know about that after the 2.9L V6 head gaskets went twice on the 88 Bronco ll

put a reman in it and a tree fell on it in New Hampshire on a fishing trip :(

and just put about $6K into my 08 F 150 - coil springs, shocks, radiator, alternator, starter, gear shifter($$$$$$$) radio twice and AC is broke

just like the way they're gonna look, was gonna buy a Jeep but too narrow inside

before I buy I'll run my choice by you first to get your approval :yawn:

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

don't know about that after the 2.9L V6 head gaskets went twice on the 88 Bronco ll

put a reman in it and a tree fell on it in New Hampshire on a fishing trip :(

and just put about $6K into my 08 F 150 - coil springs, shocks, radiator, alternator, starter, gear shifter($$$$$$$) radio twice and AC is broke

just like the way they're gonna look, was gonna buy a Jeep but too narrow inside

before I buy I'll run my choice by you first to get your approval :yawn:
You can be snarky all you want, it was a legitimate question you didn’t answer and I didn’t mean to offend you.
I hope it is does have more room inside too.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the camp of, it doesn't matter to me which it has. As I've said in another thread, like my JLU with the SFA, I'm sure the new Bronco with either will have more off road capability than I will ever have.

Sponsored

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have no fear, friends. I rock crawl my 3 ton 135,000 mile diff locked IFS FJ Cruiser and it does just fine. If you don't got driving skill then don't blame the rig you're driving. ZERO failures and ZERO break downs on the trail so you guys can relax knowing truck makers know how to make very strong IFS suspensions.

I'll take my Bronco in green please.

jPXCVnC.jpg

mT2ifES.jpg

KkDjgJE.jpg

3OZpSjH.jpg

Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have no fear, friends. I rock crawl my 3 ton 135,000 mile diff locked IFS FJ Cruiser and it does just fine. If you don't got driving skill then don't blame the rig you're driving. ZERO failures and ZERO break downs on the trail so you guys can relax knowing truck makers know how to make very strong IFS suspensions.

jPXCVnC.jpg

mT2ifES.jpg

KkDjgJE.jpg

3OZpSjH.jpg

Lol, I love the freeway you built.

Let’s not ruin the trail, run the trail without stacking all those rocks like a real rig! And let’s see if you can make it though without rolling over.

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Let’s not ruin the trail, run the trail without stacking all those rocks like a real rig! And let’s see if you can make it though without rolling over.
What rocks do you see stacked? The trail is like 4 miles long, you think I'd waste time stacking rocks? Thats what skid plates and rock sliders for. I didn't spend over $2,000 on armor just to pose...

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Got some trail pics you'd like to share?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

KkDjgJE.jpg
You. I like you. This is way way WAY more difficult of a trail than probably 90% of rubicon’s see.

Boxwood Green would be awesome!

upload_2019-11-22_19-24-28.png
Oh my god... HNNNNNNGGG

I’ll be in my bunk.

Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
8BBC6D7A-A8A1-45C7-A93B-3A301D0D99D9.jpeg

Here goes “slick rock” going up the Gauntlet, where your going downhill. We went up and down that day. Try going uphill and fight gravity where your armor just slides down and the articulation will actually have to grip.
Got some trail pics you'd like to share?
0006E3F2-E9F9-4DEF-9C13-5432ABDD199C.jpeg

You know where this is? Ol’ sluice going uphill.
F0EA8D76-8BCF-42E5-8B35-2804D43D593A.jpeg

This is going downhill at night.

Go try that with all your armor.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That basically looks just as hard as what he posted....

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
0006E3F2-E9F9-4DEF-9C13-5432ABDD199C.jpeg
Go try that with all your armor.
Thats about the same crap I deal with up here in Norcal. The thing is your truck is pretty much a single purpose vehicle. Mine is an overlander, a daily driver that will allow me to do 100mph if I wanted to while still being able to get down and dirty on the trail and then tow a trailer if I wanted to all while I'm cruising along in total comfort with the cruise control set. Dont under estimate a vehicle that can do almost anything pretty well.

zOCBLXG.jpg

g2h8kqm.jpg

QgTXs3Z.jpg

h5e5vjF.jpg

MA6Gj5s.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored