Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting thing I hadn’t noticed yet;

A little before 7 minutes into the video the engineer Roman is talking with us talking about everything on the Bronco R is “in this case” including “IFS; in this case”

That to me implies there is something different possible.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

A little before 7 minutes into the video the engineer Roman is talking with us talking about everything on the Bronco R is “in this case” including “IFS; in this case”

He also says they are using "the points" on the T-6 frame, which seems like he is implying they are stock "points"
for upper/lower control arms.

Of course if they get up in sales volume anywhere near 2018 Wrangler, I'm sure they could then justify all kinds of special editions,
maybe even a sold axle version. .

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Repeated use of the phrases "In this case" and "extremely light tease" in reference to the R were mentioned before.

Notice when talking about the IFS, the guy being interviewed says, "In this case." Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but perhaps there will be more options for the production Bronco?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...revealed-for-baja-1000.859/page-17#post-14125

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Extremely lite tease in reference to those big a$$ taillight housings... lol

Not sure why I'm so damn obsessed with those things...

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, the more I think about it the more I think there will be both IFS and SFA version. Just the way things are adding up. The info we have, the teases and quotes. It just strikes me as there will be lots of trim levels and different versions. Ford had to have seen the huge shake it made when it was discovered there was a partnership with dana and the hundreds of articles regarding the solid front. Ford also knows most buyers are generally soft-roaders, and the benefits of IFS for that realm.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, the more I think about it the more I think there will be both IFS and SFA version. Just the way things are adding up. The info we have, the teases and quotes. ...
I wish that were true, but the evidence to support it is non existent so far. Just lots of wishful thinking and assumptions about what Ford would/not do if some other assumption about what they're doing was also true.

Where are the solid axled mules or prototypes? How about the components or parts that would differ between the two systems that insiders have told us don't exist?

I don't think there would be so many people who have peeked behind the veil trying to convince us of how speshul a Ford IFS would be if it was optional.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of the 39 entries for off road capabilities in the first couple weeks, 38 (>97%) prefer a slow and or technical style that benefits more from SFA than IFS. Not surprised, as going fast off road is just an unrealistic level of risk for most people, and not well supported by the basic geometry of a Bronco.

So long as Ford could figure out what they've already been doing for decades in trucks, or in the Troller T4, they should have no problem pulling it off in a Bronco ...

Bring on the Bronco Tremor prototypes.

Reactions: OX1

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of the 39 entries for off road capabilities in the first couple weeks, 38 (>97%) prefer a slow and or technical style that benefits more from SFA than IFS. Not surprised, as going fast off road is just an unrealistic level of risk for most people, and not well supported by the basic geometry of a Bronco.

So long as Ford could figure out what they've already been doing for decades in trucks, or in the Troller T4, they should have no problem pulling it off in a Bronco ...

The reason I say that is because of the troller having a solid front. They are well equiped to do so on the bronco. If the idea of a scaled architecture for the chassis is coming to fruition, scaling down the super duty chassis from a essentially dana 60 to a 44 is not outside the realm of possibility. There is enough room by just raising the ride height by 2 inches and having all engines be a rear sump. Spring buckets for coils etc. As far as not seeing mules. What better secret to keep about it, than the one everybody wants the answer to first and foremost? I know its wishful thinking to some extent, but you have to admit. It IS a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhere slightly ahead of the flying car it would seem.

hovercar.jpg
Har har har, sound like my older brother with that kind of sarcasm. Lmao. I'm serious though. Theres just something about it all. Idk, sounds crazy, I get it. Never mind I guess. Time will tell if I'm wrong, of which there is a high probability.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Time will tell if I'm wrong
Don't you think its more a question of "when" - not "if"?? Wrangler is about to begin its 70th year, but technical capabilities evolved greatly over time.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

And the problem with that poll, is it included other than offroad capabilities. I picked engine, because
it is lot harder to swap than a SFA, but that didn't mean I didn't want a SFA for crawling.

There isn't any real wheeling at speed that doesn't involve huge, possibly catastrpohic, risks to a new
$40-60K rig, especially for newbs.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Har har har, sound like my older brother with that kind of sarcasm. Lmao. I'm serious though. Theres just something about it all. Idk, sounds crazy, I get it. Never mind I guess. Time will tell if I'm wrong, of which there is a high probability.
Lots of holes in the information we have, and very loose details on the few things we know leaves lots of flexibility for interpretations.

Tempered expectations. It remains a possibility, but the probability is quite low.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone need refill for their half full glass?

I prefer to manifest my destiny.
Sponsored