First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lots of holes in the information we have, and very loose details on the few things we know leaves lots of flexibility for interpretations.
Information is like currency; no need to spend it when no one is paying attention. So my guess is we're sucking on a dry well till mid-January, when planned leaks will probably begin to build excitement for the 'big reveal'.
Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
The questions I’ve been wondering for a while now..
For those insiders who claim to have either seen or worked on or even have insider knowledge of the bronco... Do YOU know what is under the front end?
If not, why not?
If you do know, why can’t you tell us.

There has to be a pre production unit sitting somewhere by now that somebody can stoop under and look at.
I personally think that if the Bronco was coming with ifs, no big deal they would say it’s Ifs. BUT, the way they’ve been keeping a simple thing like what type of suspension it will have secret is because they plan to drop a bomb shell on us at reveal and have some badass solid axles with electric lockers and anti sway bar disconnects that nobody is expecting.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's probably fear of losing their job...
multiple dealers have claimed to have had a secret meeting and viewed the Bronco with cell phone’s confiscated. They described round headlights, the grill the retro look, the doors etc.. What kind of top secret stealth suspension did that thing have that NOBODY can say what general type of suspension was underneath?
it almost seems as though they signed a non disclosure agreement that said something like “ok fellas, no pictures but you can run your mouth about pretty much everything you see here EXCEPT the suspension. DO NOT say anything about the type of suspension.”

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
multiple dealers have claimed to have had a secret meeting and viewed the Bronco with cell phone’s confiscated. They described round headlights, the grill the retro look, the doors etc.. What kind of top secret stealth suspension did that thing have that NOBODY can say what general type of suspension was underneath?
it almost seems as though they signed a non disclosure agreement that said something like “ok fellas, no pictures but you can run your mouth about pretty much everything you see here EXCEPT the suspension. DO NOT say anything about the type of suspension.”
Thats pretty much why I *think* there is something just odd about it all. Making note that the bronco R production rear suspension but neglected to really talk about the front etc etc.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve maintained that there is a LOT we don’t know about the Bronco. Whether it’s just a really good IFS, portal axle, solid front, or the axle is an option there is a ton we do not know yet. All will come to light soon enough is the good thing!!

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The JK jeep was also mentioned in the comment about being quicker than the 5.0 and its 0-60 in 12 seconds and makes 130 hp at the rear wheels. IMO anything under 6.5 or so seconds to 60 is starting to get quick which apparently includes the 2 door JL.
My JK was faster than a 5.0... it was a 2012 2dr rubicon, so yes, 3.6, 6 speed, 4.10s, usually had the soft top on or no top at all (emergency one in the bag). 2 door JK is about 100 lbs lighter than the 2 door JL as well. And the newer 8 speed autos are seriously quick to shift...

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve maintained that there is a LOT we don’t know about the Bronco. Whether it’s just a really good IFS, portal axle, solid front, or the axle is an option there is a ton we do not know yet. All will come to light soon enough is the good thing!!
Portal axles? from Ford?

C'mon man, I bleed Ford blue, but this is the company that made 25 years worth of mustangs out of a station wagon to save money. :crackup:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Portal axles? from Ford?

C'mon man, I bleed Ford blue, but this is the company that made 25 years worth of mustangs out of a station wagon to save money. :crackup:
Im a bit tongue-in-Cheek with that but the idea that Ford is putting all this secrecy, money, and branding into a lame IFS doesn’t hold weight to me.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
a lame IFS doesn’t hold weight to me
playing it so close to the vest makes a little more strategic sense if Ford plans to surprise with a 'top-trim' SFA...maybe Tecali's role was to be the head fake?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
playing it so close to the vest makes a little more strategic sense if Ford plans to surprise with a 'top-trim' SFA...maybe Tecali's role was to be the head fake?
I mean he’s never said there won’t be a solid front he’s just defended the IFS they will use.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean he’s never said there won’t be a solid front he’s just defended the IFS they will use.
Not in those precise words, but he has made it clear there was no development of steering parts necessary for a SFA in anything but a Superduty.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
If it does not have a SFA it will always be a starter against the Wrangler. Too hard to lift and modify and too expensive to do so, limited travel and durability, lockers, why bother with IFS?

As far as being mommy friendly, plenty of mommies seem to manage the Wrangler just fine and there are already tons of family three row SUVs and cross-overs already, why build another---.

There is no point in putting larger tires on if they ram into the fenders. IFS has too limited travel and ability to modify. To accommodate larger tires and retain travel there must be the ability to lift the vehicle. Lifting my Tacoma 3 inches was a nightmare. Lifting my Wrangler (suspension lift all the way) 4 inches was simple and my 33s can move full range for great articulation which the Tacoma (and a IFSBronco) will never be able to do without huge modification, such as swapping in a SFA.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it does not have a SFA it will always be a starter against the Wrangler. Too hard to lift and modify and too expensive to do so, limited travel and durability, lockers, why bother with IFS?

As far as being mommy friendly, plenty of mommies seem to manage the Wrangler just fine and there are already tons of family three row SUVs and cross-overs already, why build another---.

There is no point in putting larger tires on if they ram into the fenders. IFS has too limited travel and ability to modify. To accommodate larger tires and retain travel there must be the ability to lift the vehicle. Lifting my Tacoma 3 inches was a nightmare. Lifting my Wrangler (suspension lift all the way) 4 inches was simple and my 33s can move full range for great articulation which the Tacoma (and a IFSBronco) will never be able to do without huge modification, such as swapping in a SFA.
Would seem to me you found your vehicle. Stick with the Wrangler. Personally I'd prefer IFS. Handles the road much better than SFA.
If I so choose to lift it, I'll deal with the issues that come along with that. I want a Bronco because I want a Bronco. Had (3) in the past and look forward to my 4th in the near future. IFS or SFA won't sway me away from it.
Sponsored