First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys spend to much time staring at the dash.
I design Graphical User Interfaces (GUI’s) for control systems in power generation and distribution as well as water production and treatment. Operators stare at my screens for 12 hour shifts. I obsess over information displays. There is advantage to negative space in controls design to avoid overwhelming the information presentation. Most important information should be clearly shown with little noise in the background. Redundant speed displays use precious space and adds to the clutter.

The use of two close blues for the digital speed-o and tach both barely indistinguishable becomes useless movement rather than real data at a glance. I get what they were after, it just doesn’t nail it. It’s not horrible to look at, it just fails to convey a lot of data quickly and successfully.

so you are spot on. The average person spends too much time looking at the display. At a glance control interfaces are a stroke of genius by the people that design them.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've looked at my analog speedometer maybe half a dozen times since I got the Bronco 6,000 miles ago.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bet that the development team included the analog speedo mainly because they thought that older buyers would go completely berzerk if the dash was entirely digital.

Sponsored

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco The instrument cluster isn't that bad download

Remind you of anything?

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I design Graphical User Interfaces (GUI’s) for control systems in power generation and distribution as well as water production and treatment. Operators stare at my screens for 12 hour shifts. I obsess over information displays. There is advantage to negative space in controls design to avoid overwhelming the information presentation. Most important information should be clearly shown with little noise in the background. Redundant speed displays use precious space and adds to the clutter.

The use of two close blues for the digital speed-o and tach both barely indistinguishable becomes useless movement rather than real data at a glance. I get what they were after, it just doesn’t nail it. It’s not horrible to look at, it just fails to convey a lot of data quickly and successfully.

so you are spot on. The average person spends too much time looking at the display. At a glance control interfaces are a stroke of genius by the people that design them.
Look at the SCADA guy over here with his fancy GUIs. Meanwhile, Im still looking at TSO terminals.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And after decades of being conditioned to a round dial tach I was really disappointed by the bar graph tach. Not intuitive at all. Hopefully there will be some type of upgrade possibly, I don’t know if it’s possible but requested Dakota Digital if anything could be done.
So far there is and adapter for an analog tach to be run out of a box that plugs into the diagnostic plug.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time I am in a long boring Teams meeting at work and I am sitting there dicking around with different clock faces on my apple watch I think....why the hell can't Ford allow customization to a digital screen....for free. Like have a dozen different gauge clusters and layouts to pick from. I am sure there are a million reasons why they can't/won't, all of them hold no water in the world of todays tech.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never look at the left side of the cluster and I never looked at the tach either (well not much anyway) in all the manual cars and trucks I've owned over the last 40 years.

My first three Broncos didn't have tachs and I survived just fine.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried installing the Raptor cluster in a non Raptor?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It could be much worse, but not a fan of it. Some small things could make it so much better such as labeling the lines in the tach area.

I don't much care on the blue hue which seems to barrow its color from this forum. To me blue is the most eye fatiguing and difficult to focus on. The cyan-ish blue is much better but not as easy on the eye as greens.

It varies by individual, but typically, people's eyes have the most green sensitive cells followed by red with a rather minority of blue sensitive ones.
Blue is the worst. There's a reason phones and computers have "night time" or "eye comfort" modes which are really just blue light filters.

I've never understood why Ford insists on using blue in the majority of their vehicles.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Originally, we were supposed to have two clusters a base cluster and an uprated cluster, but due to the cluster that was 2020 they dropped the uprated cluster.
I'm still salty over that
Sponsored