bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But if you own both you can't refer to both as the Raptor. You would have to say F150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor.
I mean that's true but the Raptor still denotes the performance package it comes with. With the Ranger Raptor coming out it was just a matter of time before existing F150 Raptor owners were going to have to differentiate. In all honesty I'm still going to refer to my Bronco Raptor as just a "Bronco".
Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should have been the Bronco Stallion. But Ford never called to ask me 🐴

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
people wont know what warthog is in reference to!

who could be so stupid as to not realize it references the plane...

no the halo vehicle

no the animal..

oh damn, Ford was right.

though Im not sure it matters whether we agree on what its referencing. I couldnt tell a bronco from a mustang as equines go.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joking aside, anyone think there could have been lawsuit potential from Microsoft if they kept it Warthog? This was my first thought when I heard they ditched it. Their reason doesn’t make much sense. Who doesn’t know what a warthog is? Nobody watched lion king growing up?
From a pure marketing standpoint Ford had to go with Raptor. But Warthog made for a great development name.

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going to say something controversial, the Raptor grill is gaudy and unattactive. Ford is idiotic for copying that onto the Bronco.
I think they had to put the lights on it because of its size. I think I read that somewhere.

texas8709

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That article was incorrect. The Warthog name came from the vehicle in Halo. If you don't know what that is then you're old. Go back to playing checkers.

Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" 3ba78eb001906ea77?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=web
THIS. This is exactly what i thought of when I first heard the warthog name, and why I was so excited for it. Don't get me wrong, I love the A10, but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who they want to market Broncos to that have spent hours driving a virtual Hog at some point in the last 20 years. The number of people who'd order Eruption Green and slap a ton of UNSC stickers on is probably somewhere between 99-100%. And although I don't like the gimmicky tie-ins between games/movies and vehicles (excluding a Bullitt Mustang), they could have easily done a Halo Edition. I wouldn't like it, but Halo Infinite just released and they could ride a tidal wave of hype and interest. Jeep got away with doing a COD-edition Wrangler...
Plus Ford has partnered up with Microsoft several times before. Although as a 2013 F150 owner, I'd like to pretend MyFordTouch never existed.
The change to Raptor just really irks me, seems like a safe-play cop out. Too many stupid people can't differentiate between the 3 different Raptor models that exist now, especially if they bring the next-gen Ranger Raptor to the US.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I am the opposite. I think Outerbanks and Black Diamond name is lame. Badlands=Bad ass.

I have to admit, a part of me getting a Badlands was probably due to this.
I do like the name…but the vadge badge - I can’t unsee what I see!

I’m putting on the broncodepot script “classic emblem” in place of the Badlands patches.

I know it’s a Badlands and that’s all that’s important to me. Savvy Bronco people will easily spot it for what it is as well. That’s my point - a name’s a name, and once it’s associated to the features the name loses its importance.

Sounds like you are willing to spend $$$ to upgrade to a BL just for the name - if that’s all it takes, save your money, buy a base and I’ll sell you my Badlands badges for…only half the difference in the upgrade! 😉

OJ Simpson

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't care what it's called so long as I get one. Wife loves her FE.

Raptor R or Bronco Raptor? That's going to be a tough decision.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do like the name…but the vadge badge - I can’t unsee what I see!

I’m putting on the broncodepot script “classic emblem” in place of the Badlands patches.

I know it’s a Badlands and that’s all that’s important to me. Savvy Bronco people will easily spot it for what it is as well. That’s my point - a name’s a name, and once it’s associated to the features the name loses its importance.

Sounds like you are willing to spend $$$ to upgrade to a BL just for the name - if that’s all it takes, save your money, buy a base and I’ll sell you my Badlands badges for…only half the difference in the upgrade! 😉
hmm. Little too late for that… good luck with those stickers

Ford Bronco The reason Bronco “Raptor” won out over "Warthog" 92306A5E-4C6E-472B-B137-3429CD849D48

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a pure marketing standpoint Ford had to go with Raptor. But Warthog made for a great development name.
After all this discussion, I’ll always think of it as a Warthog, and refer to it that way. Ford can call it what it wants!

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
warthog was really shit branding that did not make sense. Dunno why anybody would like it.

Raptor is an established brand ford has , it has name recognition , and the "warthog" aka raptor is barely and upgrade from a badlands so its not like ford messed up here.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to say something controversial, the Raptor grill is gaudy and unattactive. Ford is idiotic for copying that onto the Bronco.
I agree completely...the only thing I like that I see are the Amber lights and that's it.

Reactions: abe

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ultimately agree. but it will not stop me from buying one!!!!! Everything else about it is bad freaking ass!!!!!!! I am hoping someone will make something aftermarket to keep the DOT lights, keep the headlights, etc. but change to the BRONCO lettering.

As far as the name goes, Warthog was pretty badass. Warthogs are some crazy, tough, bad ass animals! the explanation made ZERO sense. That being said, it makes COMPLETE sense why they are going with Raptor.
Sponsored