First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The windows catch on the weatherstripping when the door is opened, especially when you open the door from the outside.

The exterior door handle unlocks the doors when you have the fob in your pocket and touch the door handle. The door handle senses when you touch it.

Why doesn’t the window lower a bit when you touch the door handle if the car is unlocked or if you have the key fob? Why does it wait until you pull the handle when it is too late to avoid catching on the weatherstripping?

Can Ford fix this with a software update? Will Ford fix this with a software update? Would there be any downside?

Jason
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost 2 months in, zero window issues.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep at it. You'll figure it out.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really an issue. Besides when you open it from the inside it does the same. There isn’t any sensor on interior handle so a software update wouldn’t help.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window drop timing has been an issue with some broncos from day one. The window drop is triggered by the door ajar switch that's integrated into the latch, not the handle, then travels through a couple different modules that actually controls the drop. This isn't a process that's likely to be impacted by a software change as the process is triggered when guts in the latch physically move and change the switch position. I don't believe they can speed the motor up either. Could be wrong but I'd need to dig some more to see if the speed is fixed or can be varied.

Don't lose hope though, there are things that can be done to potentially help the hanging. First, look at all of your body lines, especially around the doors. Are they consistent? What about the lines across the fender, doors and rear quarter panel? Are these all in alignment? Do any of the doors that have windows hanging close harder than any of the others?

If none of the above applies and the reinitialization process hasn't affected anything, it's likely your windows are going too far up into the top seal and need to be adjusted. This involves taking some measurements, removing the door panels, loosening two glass retaining bolts, adjusting and checking several times. It's not as bad as it sounds but takes a few attempts to get it in the sweet spot where it seals at the top, don't have an air leak and most or all of the hang is gone.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford just changed the way window drop function works on 2023's built after 7/12. Here is how it will now work. It says they are investigating a way to have it work the same way on previously built vehicles.

Ford Bronco The window catch / drop situation 1694690730423

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford just changed the way window drop function works on 2023's built after 7/12. Here is how it will now work. It says they are investigating a way to have it work the same way on previously built vehicles.

This is literally the best Bronco news I have heard in a long time, exactly what many of us have been asking for since summer 21. I hope the rockstars can figure out how to send it down to the rest of us.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Really hope they can retrofit this onto older Broncos, this has been the most annoying issue for me so far.

Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice find! It's been on my list to pop the door panels off to apply killmat, and while in there, drop the windows a couple millimeters. But, I'd prefer not to screw with it, if I don't have to.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, that explains it. I was gonna reply saying mine does this. I didn't know it was an enhancement. My Wildtrak was built late August.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1694690730423.png
Mine was built 6/21, I just missed it :)

Maybe this can be a Forscan setting in the near future?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The windows catch on the weatherstripping when the door is opened, especially when you open the door from the outside.

The exterior door handle unlocks the doors when you have the fob in your pocket and touch the door handle. The door handle senses when you touch it.

Why doesn’t the window lower a bit when you touch the door handle if the car is unlocked or if you have the key fob? Why does it wait until you pull the handle when it is too late to avoid catching on the weatherstripping?

Can Ford fix this with a software update? Will Ford fix this with a software update? Would there be any downside?

Jason
First new car?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine was built 6/21, I just missed it :)

Maybe this can be a Forscan setting in the near future?
I'm not sure if this is something forscan would be capable of doing or not. Hopefully it will be able to because I know not everyone has access to FDRS. Probably wont be near future though.
Sponsored