BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll put my “wild guess” down in writing. 95-105” wheel base.
A regular cab LONG BED ranger, not available in the US has a 126” wheel base. Take 2 foot off that bed at a minimum and you end up with the morphadite hacked bed you see above on that mule.

4086DA4B-607F-470A-B7AC-133DFB3CFEDB.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shamelessly stolen from another forum - allegedly seen at Silver Lake Dunes yesterday.

bd193673_a303_4758_9524_db06149a4612_66b9ae04500ffc6c1bd73f7fa4dd7e63b990ab5e.jpeg

Interesting stuff to look at here.
I'm amazed no more images have shown up, and the auto blogs/storytellers haven't regurgitated it into some sighting of a Bronco lunar rover.

:camera:

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm amazed no more images have shown up, and the auto blogs/storytellers haven't regurgitated it into some sighting of a Bronco lunar rover.

I was thinking the same thing. That thing must have been trailered and taken away immediately after the photo was taken. Everybody has a cell phone and could have taken a couple more shots if it lingered.
For me it’s THE most exciting and revealing picture taken to date. I am wanting a two door and that picture confirms it’s coming.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Write up your copy, I'm sure there are several sites that will pay you for it.

Just be sure to confirm the 2-door will only be available as a FWD-only plug in electric. The sound of exploding heads should be deafening across the Internet.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m curious if this mule was a bit more “complete” than the previous ones. Possibly even having the final suspension design? We may never know, it is pretty wild that there hasn’t been any other pictures. Even looking at the Instagram geotag for the dunes there’s no other pictures of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious if this mule was a bit more “complete” than the previous ones. Possibly even having the final suspension design? We may never know, it is pretty wild that there hasn’t been any other pictures. Even looking at the Instagram geotag for the dunes there’s no other pictures of it.
It's hard to say if anything other than structural and driveshaft length were different. It does appear very similar in wheelbase to the 2-door Wrangler. The storage/passenger space will be quite limited, so it will need to deliver on some other functional or aesthetic level to drive sales.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's hard to say if anything other than structural and driveshaft length were different. It does appear very similar in wheelbase to the 2-door Wrangler. The storage/passenger space will be quite limited, so it will need to deliver on some other functional or aesthetic level to drive sales.
With the design of a modern pickup body on it as shown in the mule, yes - the cargo/rear seat area would be very limited. But if the top hat is of a different design, more upright and forward than a modern pickup and closer to that of a Wrangler or early Bronco, perhaps some space can be salvaged. I'm sure that modern safety designs and features are going to make old-school ratios of interior:exterior dimensions difficult to approach, but somehow Jeep manages to deliver a reasonable package under the same constraints. All signs point to the Bronco body being larger than the Wrangler, provided the interior space is scaled proportionally it shouldn't be painfully small.

I don't recall the interiors of my EBs having been insufficient when used for my purposes - but I never tried to move a sectional couch or carry ten people in it either (okay, I may have had that or more on several occasions at dune parties, but not for trips to the mall). Early Broncos were less of a hauler/family car - as are 2DR Wranglers - due to their size and interior constraints. But what they did well, they did very well. I'm hoping the "functional" degree of your equation delivers; the most amazing retro look bolted to a chassis no more capable than an Explorer won't open my wallet.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm expecting it to be very similar to a 2 door wrangler - you can carry 4 people reasonably comfortably, or 2 people and a fair amount of cargo, but not both at the same time, that would be what the 4 door is for.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frankenranger mule with the extra pudgy butt fluffing about in the sand somewhere ...

Frankenranger sand 01.png
Frankenranger sand 02.jpg

I can't figure out where it was. My google-fu is too weak to find more of them. Swiped these from a Wrangler forum ...

Sponsored

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kinda sad. Haven’t seen an escalation of trolling by Ford with the ugly mules lately. The Ranger mashup is hideous. And the Chevy Colorado skin was a brilliant dig. So Ford, if you are not going to show the real Bronco in camo anytime soon I’d like to offer a suggestion for the next ugly mule:

32B67B55-0E52-4166-9B30-4539E2BDB7CF.jpeg

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the same site.

mules_aus_ford_bronco_efa40c4227147332720f89408a91079df59d2ada.jpg
These aren't even in the states or I'm totally misreading the plates, stickers and surroundings.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided