Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the same site.

mules_aus_ford_bronco_efa40c4227147332720f89408a91079df59d2ada.jpg
So, it looks like the regular cab is the mule for the two door and the supercab is for the four door. I would guess the actual rear door would not be a suicide, but be standard with a cut out for the wheel well. The "Left Hand Drive" stickers would indicate an American market vehicle being tested. All that said, the two door sure looks like it will have very limited rear seat/storage space, I was hoping for more than the wrangler (something like the BII), but I guess that's what the four door is for.

It looks like IFS front (regular ranger) and maybe disguised four link/coil rear? We need less overhang up front, a more vertical windshield with forward driver position and more ground clearance in general. The first couple can be taken care of with bodywork, but I'm afraid if we don't see mechanical things (clearance) in the mule, it won't be there in the real thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... All that said, the two door sure looks like it will have very limited rear seat/storage space, I was hoping for more than the wrangler (something like the BII), but I guess that's what the four door is for. ...
I'm getting the impression both of them will have essentially no space behind the rear seat. As little in the case of the 2-door, or less in the case of the 4-door, than the JL or JLU have.

Theoretically focusing more on the 'sport' than on the 'utility' in SUV.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you ever take you top off your full size Bronco
I do, or did when it was driveable (broken axle atm, and I have too many other more important projects ahead of the toy). I intend to rig a pully system in my shop so I can drop it on/off with only one person. I would say that when it is driveable, the top is off about 80% of the time.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did, and it was even more of a pain than the EBs I have owned. But it was (temporarily) glorius, execpt for the exhaust smell.

That's why it needs to be easier to remove, properly designed, and more importantly, reinstallable without leaks.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the two door sure looks like it will have very limited rear seat/storage space, I was hoping for more than the wrangler (something like the BII), but I guess that's what the four door is for.
I agree, I was hoping the two door to be at lest a 100" wheelbase and give the Bronco a little more room to work with but it seems they are accentually making the two door a direct Wrangler competitor. Seems a little odd to me as you would think only a solid axle would work well for something that short.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m probably in the minority.
When I finally buy my new two door Bronco, I can pretty much guarantee the top and the doors will never be removed. If I wanted the open air, Arizona heat, sun and dust in my vehicle I would just buy a Polaris side by side and be done with it. Never been a fan of convertibles.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m probably in the minority.
When I finally buy my new two door Bronco, I can pretty much guarantee the top and the doors will never be removed. If I wanted the open air, Arizona heat, sun and dust in my vehicle I would just buy a Polaris side by side and be done with it. Never been a fan of convertibles.
I'm hoping Ford figured out a system that lets you control the amount of openness you want and or make it so its not so difficult to remove the top. I really like having that feature but there has got to be a better way to remove it and put it back on.

Hopefully they utilized this in some capacity and made a more user friendly way of creating an open roof.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-on-the-2020-2021-ford-bronco.112/#post-832

Sponsored

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep the top off my ‘74 for half the year. It’s a pain in the ass to remove and install. I would hope removing the new Bronco top is easier and more configurable than the previous generations.

EC256FD1-7B6A-4A31-8CA4-9C4CF0543C36.jpeg

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Maybe you just need a Ford Explorer. I just saw a Ford commercial that straight faced claimed the Exploder was the greatest exploration vehicle of all time! Like how is that? The greatest exploration vehicle of all times is the Jeep Wrangler hands down and whatever this Bronco thing is, could not claim such a title either until it actually proves it exists.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you just need a Ford Explorer. I just saw a Ford commercial that straight faced claimed the Exploder was the greatest exploration vehicle of all time! Like how is that? The greatest exploration vehicle of all times is the Jeep Wrangler hands down and whatever this Bronco thing is, could not claim such a title either until it actually proves it exists.
I beg to differ, I would say the LRV deserves that title ;)

a17_lrv1.jpg

Joking aside, i'm not sure what ford marketing was thinking other than selling the most... that is certainly a good thing to consider, if people like the product then surely it is great. But it is not the off-road icon that Jeep is surely, but even so the least the image associated with "exploration" specifically (in my mind) conjures up images of land rovers and other traditional overlanding rigs more than just the offroad sporty funness of the Jeep if that makes sense.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I beg to differ, I would say the LRV deserves that title ;)

Joking aside, i'm not sure what ford marketing was thinking other than selling the most... that is certainly a good thing to consider, if people like the product then surely it is great. But it is not the off-road icon that Jeep is surely, but even so the least the image associated with "exploration" specifically (in my mind) conjures up images of land rovers and other traditional overlanding rigs more than just the offroad sporty funness of the Jeep if that makes sense.
And if you want to take a lot of crap with you, I'd have to put unimogs right up there too........
(I'd never build another offroad rig without portals)

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two door this time, out of Australia:

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/excl...-bronco-prototype-caught-testing-in-the-wild/
2-door 2021-ford-bronco-two-door-prototype.jpeg

Plenty of people passing info to TFL, and they crank 'em out fast.

eta: I really wish they'd stop posting the Bronco articles on the Car channel though. The only people calling a body on frame SUV a 'car' are the same ones that use the word synonymously with 'automobile' and call pickups 'car' too.
Sponsored