78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the BroncoBronco or the Baby Bronco?

Two door this time, out of Australia:

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/excl...-bronco-prototype-caught-testing-in-the-wild/
2-door 2021-ford-bronco-two-door-prototype.jpeg

Plenty of people passing info to TFL, and they crank 'em out fast.

eta: I really wish they'd stop posting the Bronco articles on the Car channel though. The only people calling a body on frame SUV a 'car' are the same ones that use the word synonymously with 'automobile' and call pickups 'car' too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the BroncoBronco or the Baby Bronco?
BroncoBronco

It's one of the FrankenRanger mules, but a 2-door we've seen very little of so far. Given how close the photographer got to it I'm a bit surprised only one picture showed up.

I don't think the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" is expected to be available as a 2-door.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually am starting to kinda dig the frankenranger if only because it reminds me of the Dakar/rally raid racing Ranger from a few years ago, similar looking shortened T6 chassis.
546b1277e5092_-_002-ford-ranger-dakar-lg.jpg?crop=1xw:1.jpg

If Ford draws on its Dakar experience to set up the Bronco...I'll be one very happy guy.

Oh, and the racing one above had a 5.0!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually am starting to kinda dig the frankenranger if only because it reminds me of the Dakar/rally raid racing Ranger from a few years ago, similar looking shortened T6 chassis.
546b1277e5092_-_002-ford-ranger-dakar-lg.jpg?crop=1xw:1.jpg

If Ford draws on its Dakar experience to set up the Bronco...I'll be one very happy guy.

Oh, and the racing one above had a 5.0!
Curios why that racing rig dropped to a 5 bolt pattern from 6 if its T6 based? No doubt they gutted the whole driveline but still...

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curios why that racing rig dropped to a 5 bolt pattern from 6 if its T6 based? No doubt they gutted the whole driveline but still...
It looks like a race car/rally car with the ranger body grafted on. The front end is way out there but the driver sits right in the middle. Does it share as much in common with the ranger as the NASCAR Mustang does with the mustang? :crazy:

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It looks like a race car/rally car with the ranger body grafted on. The front end is way out there but the driver sits right in the middle. Does it share as much in common with the ranger as the NASCAR Mustang does with the mustang? :crazy:
Probably slightly more but not by much. It's independent front and rear suspension, full carbon fiber body, sequential trans with the 5.0, front and rear LSD, and Brembo brakes (water cooled in the rear). The 'base vehicle' is a T6 ranger but there won't be much left - some of the frame, windscreen, lights, maybe doorhandles

Realistically it's just a cool off road racing rig that looks similar to the frankenranger mules to me.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hope it's neither …..that is one UGLY..... whatever :puke:
How are there still people on this forum that don't understand that the fugly frankenrangers are just mules that share *zero* exterior design resemblance to the actual BroncoBronco?

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are there still people on this forum that don't understand that the fugly frankenrangers are just mules that share *zero* exterior design resemblance to the actual BroncoBronco?
hey.....I'm bored with the "wait" and felt like venting.....you got a problem with dat ?

go to your safe place …..I'm going online and putting together a beautiful Jeep Unlimited with a 3"/4" lift and the economical diesel engine, so there :rolleyes:

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
hey.....I'm bored with the "wait" and felt like venting.....you got a problem with dat ?

go to your safe place …..I'm going online and putting together a beautiful Jeep Unlimited with a 3"/4" lift and the economical diesel engine, so there :rolleyes:
They've got the Diesel option on the online "build" now? I haven't checked for a while.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting that we haven’t seen one of these bad bois rolling around recently. IIRC someone said the real prototypes would be rolling around by now but we have still yet to see one in daylight? What gives ford! Any guesses when we might see the first “real” prototype? I’m guessing it has to be sooner rather than later, but they’ve been pretty darn good at keeping these things away from the cameras. Impressively so.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting that we haven’t seen one of these bad bois rolling around recently. IIRC someone said the real prototypes would be rolling around by now but we have still yet to see one in daylight? What gives ford! Any guesses when we might see the first “real” prototype? I’m guessing it has to be sooner rather than later, but they’ve been pretty darn good at keeping these things away from the cameras. Impressively so.
I guess everybody is off for the holidays. Maybe in a couple weeks they'll start popping up.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that we haven’t seen one of these bad bois rolling around recently. ...
It is reaching a point of being disturbing that a proper prototype hasn't been seen. Simulation might work for preliminary phases of testing, but there is no substitute for the real product in the real world environment for a verification or validation study.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising at all, it won't be seen till they want it to be seen and when you do you'll still not know which render you're looking at.
Sponsored