Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for those that have been able to get some miles on the 2.3 and run a few tanks of gas through.

now that the novelty is wearing off, and the national average price of gas hit another all time high today, are you still buying premium gas?
Can you tell there is a horsepower bump?

(I haven’t taken delivery yet)
Sponsored

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great question! When I took delivery of my 2.7 in February, my first tank refill was premium. Ever since then, I’ve used regular unleaded. I’ve not noticed any major changes in mpg, power or fun factors. I’m curious if the same goes for the 2.3. Of course, I’m not WOT too often but when needed, it definitely goes!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just use 89, haven't filled it with premium yet.

I know the old butt dyno said it really made a difference in my Mazda, but haven't tried yet in the Bronco. Then again it's a brick on wheels I didn't buy it to go fast, would have went with a different horse for that

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, have been on 87 for a while now. I get 10% better mileage on 91/92 so I'll run it if it only cost 10% more. Been closer to 20% most places.

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've used regular gas for 2000 miles driving at sea level and through the mountains with no complaints. Plenty of power. I did on a whim put in premium this last fill up to check the better power and milage claim. Don't really notice any difference yet. The milage will be affected by how much you dip into the turbo.😁

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 2500 miles on mine, and I've only used premium so I can't really compare. What I do know, is that 7MT + premium + Sprint Booster makes this as fun as you wanna get, or when taking it mostly easy I am averaging 19mpg daily commuter, no hwy. The novelty has not worn off for me yet, 4 1/2 months in.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used nothing but premium since last October and a few times regular. I get about 21 mpg in my 4dr Badlands. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I baby this thing with the best. Never did that with any other car I owned.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have run 125k miles worth of 87 through my 2.7 ecoboost f150 and 1K miles worth of 87 through my 2.3 Bronco.

Not really living with the 2.3 ecoboost, I actually wanted the 4 cylinder. I am a firm believer that the 2.3 has more potential than the 2.7 in the long run. Just waiting for tuning and I will step the bronco up to higher octane fuel. I have a feeling that mild mods on a 2.3 will get you into the sweet spot.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used nothing but premium since last October and a few times regular. I get about 21 mpg in my 4dr Badlands. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I baby this thing with the best. Never did that with any other car I owned.
How big are your tires? Any lift?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm running a 2.3 on Sasquatch 35's. First 2 tanks had premium 93, the last 2 tanks had 87. I'm not getting any noticeable differences. But then again, I'm not really pushing it just yet,. Odd enough, I'm getting a bit better MPG on 87 (17.8) than I did on 93. Could just be driving habit though and will tell in more time.
Sponsored