Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well here they are! Facts the narrowest cross section on the icons is the same as Ford performance at 12mm. Same size ball socket on the outside. I was under the impression these things where atomic strength! Definitely beefer on the outer.

I would be installing these today but I snap my garden hose off the wall then broke my hose spray nozzle. I not twisting anything else the rest of the day, I got bad ju ju right now.

PXL_20230923_220621385.jpg

PXL_20230923_221308975.jpg

PXL_20230923_221304209.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll have some more tie rod ends for you to take pics of soon hopefully.
Also, what’s your opinion on the icon boots. They seemed very thin to me.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that 12mm right next to the socket? Due to the way to force transfers into these I'm sure 12mm is plenty there.

I still think about reaming the knuckle out and using the F150 tie rods, they would be every bit as strong as the Ford Performance ones but dirt cheap. I may finally do it when the 37s go on.

Speaking of which, you'll be proud @Snacktime, I ponied up for Maxxis RAZRs - not cheap tire.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@popo_patty the icon boots seams like a softer rubber, not sure if that is good or bad? I am not sure if I am going to use them or not since HOSS 3.0 is a larger boot diameter. I am going to see how it goes when doing the install.

@Tricky Mike I think reaming out the knuckle is a better idea than buying bronco tie rods. I was half way to the price of icon for a Ford performance inner tie rod. I am more worried about killing another inner tie rod. Both the Ford inners in the pictures have internal damage and slop. Ps how many sets of tires do you have? Stock... Swampers... Baddak tractor tire... I think you need more project broncos.

Sponsored

Sjortiz

Badlands
First Name
Shailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does someone has the actual measurements for the inner threads ? Is it 14mm or 16mm?
Sponsored