Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bike racks utilizing the center mount are likely out for the Bronco due to the camera location. I’m looking for one I can either install very easily or leave on my tire (prefer).

For easy on/off, this rack seems to rank well. I can’t think of a reason it will not work on the Bronco, but will hold off ordering in case I need to return. It should allow me to open the back door.

https://hollywoodracks.com/products/sr1-spare-tire-rack

The Allen rack ranks better but straps to the bumper would inhibit opening the door.

I want to be able to use the hitch for a cargo carrier separately and in combination with this tire mounted carrier.
Sponsored

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah not bad.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It depends on how serious you are about cycling, and where you are driving with your bike on the rack. If you have an expensive carbon fiber road or mountain bike a rack like that will rub the paint off the frame and damage the carbon fiber, especially if you are going off road even a little bit. I've looked at this some and ultimately ended up with a hitch mounted rack. However, I did find this spare tire mounted rack that seemed intriguing. It may be a pain to lift the bikes up this high, especially if the Bronco is lifted, but at least it avoids the frame mount:

https://www.carid.com/lets-go-aero/...b00987.html?singleid=2628394954&vehicle=11090

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on how serious you are about cycling, and where you are driving with your bike on the rack. If you have an expensive carbon fiber road or mountain bike a rack like that will rub the paint off the frame and damage the carbon fiber, especially if you are going off road even a little bit. I've looked at this some and ultimately ended up with a hitch mounted rack. However, I did find this spare tire mounted rack that seemed intriguing. It may be a pain to lift the bikes up this high, especially if the Bronco is lifted, but at least it avoids the frame mount:

https://www.carid.com/lets-go-aero/...b00987.html?singleid=2628394954&vehicle=11090
I have two Trek bikes. Good, not great, definitely net serious. Wife and daughter wouldn’t be able to load that one unfortunately.

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't know about that spare-mounted model, but I've had a Hollywood rack for about five years now. Other than surface rust and a bit of play in the joints, it's held up well for the low price point. Even withstood minor impact from a rear-ending.

Sponsored

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one that I have used for years on my Jeep. I had to modify it when I went to 35” tires.
The rack in the first reply to this thread looks nice
I’m out of state and this is the only picture I have of it (cropped from a photo showing motorhome and Jeep:
Ford Bronco Tire Mount Bike Rack 5246A5ED-8554-4F23-9092-F0DE3FCCA416

ElRojo

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1924 Model T, 1969 F100, 1996 Bronco, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bike racks utilizing the center mount are likely out for the Bronco due to the camera location. I’m looking for one I can either install very easily or leave on my tire (prefer).

For easy on/off, this rack seems to rank well. I can’t think of a reason it will not work on the Bronco, but will hold off ordering in case I need to return. It should allow me to open the back door.

The Allen rack ranks better but straps to the bumper would inhibit opening the door.

I want to be able to use the hitch for a cargo carrier separately and in combination with this tire mounted carrier.
Does this work with the brake light though? Several tire mounted bike racks have this bar in the back that seems like it would conflict with the plastic light mount. Has anyone field tested this rack with a new Bronco?

DC6973D2-667F-4A40-BBD2-BC4AC65EC92C.jpeg

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is perfect for me! I have a 3 bike rack for the hitch, but have two add’l kids bikes I need to mount. I bought a $500 Yakima 5-bike fulltilt but was very disappointed in the details and I couldn’t get the two kids bikes on it.
this solves it perfectly since the holders adjust to any bicycle wheel size!

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: the let’s go aero TireBiter is ordered. I’ll report back when I have it and install.

Sponsored

obx_rick

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you ever try the rack out? I like the idea of this design other than I can't haul kayaks at the same time with it 😐

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reviving this thread: I have ordered the SR1 rack from Hollywood Racks and I'll report back the results for those interested in this kind of setup. I have a SAS with no hitch, and I'm not interested in installing a cheap hitch received for a bike rack only. This looks like it checks all the boxes of fitting on a 35" tire, not blocking the rear cam, and allowing the tailgate to open.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Hollywood SR1 is really snug on a sasquatch tire, but I managed. Not enough slack on the strap that goes around, so I had to use pliers to pull through the strap. Tires any taller and another option would be better.

That said, I'm really happy with the end result. It's snug and secure, not bothersome when not in use, and the tailgate can fully open with a bike mounted.

Ford Bronco Tire Mount Bike Rack PXL_20230612_225313499
Ford Bronco Tire Mount Bike Rack PXL_20230612_225409338.MP
Ford Bronco Tire Mount Bike Rack PXL_20230612_224958418~2

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any concerns putting an additional 30-70lbs on the tailgate?
Sponsored