Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a happy Wednesday. I just wanted to vent/speak my thoughts. Today kinda sucks. I was lucky enough to get a VIN very quickly without a reservation in December 2021. It was a mixed feeling because I wanted the delivery to happen near the end of 2022 to plan financially. I got the wife on board with an earlier delivery, and start to let myself get excited.

For the last few weeks I have been watching the stock market go to $hit (thanks Russia), which is where my funds for the vehicle were sitting. Now today the market keeps dropping, and my order status switched to in production. yay... Ford also announced no new orders after March 7th. It is looking bleak that this Bronco is going to happen (as in I might need to walk away) and I will have to either reorder before the 7th, or put in a second order to cancel whichever one I can't get.

I understand most of you probably don't care, or think I am whining. This is certainly a first world problem. It just sucks to let myself get so excited only to reach this point. I could technically still buy the car. I have the money to do so. But, I had set specific minimums of where I need to be financially to buy myself a new car, and that ain't happening now. Plus, originally the wife was supposed to get the next car (the more important family car).

On the bright side the new Fox suspension makes the idea of reordering easier.

Thanks for listening.
Sorry to hear Bud. do what you got to do. I am in same situation and leaning towards getting the Hosss 3.0. If I keep getting pushed out, might as well make mine a MIC and add tow with the Hoss :cool:
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no idea why the market would affect the Bronco purchase as interest rates are still low so you get a long 2% loan, as you should anyway, leave your investments where they are to rebound where you should anyway and invest any cash you we’re going to put down because you can buy low.

Just get the damn Bronco lol.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
We are all taking a hit thanks to Putin. My 401K is so bad now there is now no way I can retire in 3 years- have to work 2 jobs probably. And my hope for the Bronco is practically gone now with gas prices about to rise into the stratosphere. So going from a Bronco to most likely a Civic or Corolla and having to sacrifice my 4 X 4 truck probably for an even swap to boot. Just to get back and forth work. I drive 100 miles a day round trip with no option to work from home. So ya, a good day to vent..........

So those of you who still can financially afford the Bronco and the gas you still have it good- so even if you are still waiting, eventually you will get a Bronco!

nfearno34

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a happy Wednesday. I just wanted to vent/speak my thoughts. Today kinda sucks. I was lucky enough to get a VIN very quickly without a reservation in December 2021. It was a mixed feeling because I wanted the delivery to happen near the end of 2022 to plan financially. I got the wife on board with an earlier delivery, and start to let myself get excited.

For the last few weeks I have been watching the stock market go to $hit (thanks Russia), which is where my funds for the vehicle were sitting. Now today the market keeps dropping, and my order status switched to in production. yay... Ford also announced no new orders after March 7th. It is looking bleak that this Bronco is going to happen (as in I might need to walk away) and I will have to either reorder before the 7th, or put in a second order to cancel whichever one I can't get.

I understand most of you probably don't care, or think I am whining. This is certainly a first world problem. It just sucks to let myself get so excited only to reach this point. I could technically still buy the car. I have the money to do so. But, I had set specific minimums of where I need to be financially to buy myself a new car, and that ain't happening now. Plus, originally the wife was supposed to get the next car (the more important family car).

On the bright side the new Fox suspension makes the idea of reordering easier.

Thanks for listening.
In many cases they are SITTING a long time after production. You will likely be waiting a lot longer than you think. Build week 1/3 and I’m about 4.5 Hours from MAP. Mine is built but I still don’t have her. Wait it out? You could be MANY months out still…

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd say go for the base 2-door manual Bronco at 28k, like I was wanting. Except even that is now 30k. :oops:
Yeah I reserved one of those 2dr bases on day one and am stuck reading this thread. Get in line!

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was money I am willing to pull out of investments to invest in a Bronco. But, when the market is down it does not make sense to pull out to buy a car.

I have a completely separate savings account.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would never pull money out of an investment to pay for a depreciating asset. This is actually a good time to put more in the market. Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider a Bronco as an investment, except for potentially the MY21 First Editions. The unicorn days have already passed. There won't be ADM and flipping opportunities forever.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what it is worth, from someone who has no geopolitical or economic background, this dip in the market will not last forever and many times the markets bounce back stronger after situations like this. I would hold the order as long as you can since there is no difference walking away today, or in 6 months when the Bronco is produced. You lose the deposit no matter what. Keep the order and your dream alive.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, here is another idea. Ford stock is about $9 down from it's high for no real reason (all of the current reasons except Russia were already priced in). Buy Ford stock and when it gets back to $25/share, sell it. This way you can have your Ford stock buy your Ford Bronco.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well it's apparent I have no business in this thread. I am strictly going off a modest savings account making sure I can make a 10% down plus tax and still not taking it in the ass. My GD Bronco MSRP is 50% of what I paid for my house. I am sorry for you're bad day and now you can't pay cash. Bad days are relative though. I'm wondering how stupid I am to extend myself out so far as to afford to pay for this thing at all?
If you b
We are all taking a hit thanks to Putin. My 401K is so bad now there is now no way I can retire in 3 years- have to work 2 jobs probably. And my hope for the Bronco is practically gone now with gas prices about to rise into the stratosphere. So going from a Bronco to most likely a Civic or Corolla and having to sacrifice my 4 X 4 truck probably for an even swap to boot. Just to get back and forth work. I drive 100 miles a day round trip with no option to work from home. So ya, a good day to vent..........

So those of you who still can financially afford the Bronco and the gas you still have it good- so even if you are still waiting, eventually you will get a Bronco!
Bet without looking it is still better than 2008. If your stocks are below what they were at the end of 2008 or even within 115% of that low point then you are in the wrong stocks. At 33,000 (DJIA) you are still 4 times the value, 4 times the low point in the last 15 years. That is 400%/14-15 or an increase of over 25% per year. Sell it all, or at least sell off your paper profits.

This is how I have always looked at it, once your basis doubles, Sell half. You ate now even with no out of pocket and even if value goes down it is not your original investment you are losing

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no idea why the market would affect the Bronco purchase as interest rates are still low so you get a long 2% loan, as you should anyway, leave your investments where they are to rebound where you should anyway and invest any cash you we’re going to put down because you can buy low.

Just get the damn Bronco lol.
Because he's trying to buy down his monthly payment, which just signals that the car is too expensive for the budget.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, here is another idea. Ford stock is about $9 down from it's high for no real reason (all of the current reasons except Russia were already priced in). Buy Ford stock and when it gets back to $25/share, sell it. This way you can have your Ford stock buy your Ford Bronco.
I tried that with GE based on transportation, , was going to buy one of their $495,000 locomotives and have the stock pay for it (no, not really but they are built here, now by Wabtec)

There may be good reasons to buy Ford at 9 or even 4 or 20, but the hope it hits 25 and you cash out is not one of them. Do you sell your house every 12 months and move every year since your house is worth more? Where do you plan on living when the house is worth less?

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried that with GE based on transportation, , was going to buy one of their $495,000 locomotives and have the stock pay for it (no, not really but they are built here, now by Wabtec)

There may be good reasons to buy Ford at 9 or even 4 or 20, but the hope it hits 25 and you cash out is not one of them. Do you sell your house every 12 months and move every year since your house is worth more? Where do you plan on living when the house is worth less?
I was suggesting the buy/sell approach because it sounded like he is already looking to use his stock investments to buy the Bronco. I am not sure your analogy is accurate since I am not suggesting he buy and sell a vehicle to cash in on the value increase. I am talking about the stock.

BTW, for what it is worth, I do think Ford STOCK will get back to $25 soon. Especially if they break off their EV business which is something the Volkswagen group is also looking to do to raise money.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. While you need to vent on this situation, it would be easy for a lot of us that have been waiting well over a year with no end in sight to (rightfully) vent back at you. I can't tell you how awesome it would be to just have a VIN... but I digress.

I think a more constructive response is to take this opportunity to really get ahold of your financials. My wife and I use a budgeting software (called 'You Need a Budget') which allows us to know all of our dollars in and out and has toolkit analytics. I started doing it three years ago now and I can't imagine ever NOT doing it now. It is essential and if you already do this, good on you. Secondly, we use a Financial advisory firm to manage our portfolio and taxes for a modest monthly fee. If I want to ever take money out of investments, I ask them first to run the numbers. They run Monte Carlo sims to tell us where we are at age 60 / 65 etc. and what buying certain things does to our wealth all the way out to age 100.

And remember, this is the absolute WORST time to buy a vehicle, much less two vehicles - which are in the end depreciating assets. Get that family vehicle, take some time to really get comfortable with a liquid cash reserve so that when you go to finally get the Bronco, it isn't stressful and you have all the power. I am frustrated because financially I am ready, but Ford can't build my vehicle, but I have to tell myself that as long as my POS car holds together I am making the right decision every day that I wait.

Good luck to you!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was suggesting the buy/sell approach because it sounded like he is already looking to use his stock investments to buy the Bronco. I am not sure your analogy is accurate since I am not suggesting he buy and sell a vehicle to cash in on the value increase. I am talking about the stock.

BTW, for what it is worth, I do think Ford STOCK will get back to $25 soon. Especially if they break off their EV business which is something the Volkswagen group is also looking to do to raise money.
Unfortunately, I don't think it's getting back to $25 soon. I sold some a while back, and should have sold the rest. I bought at $5.80 in the months after COVID mania caused the market crash though, so I'm still up quite a bit.

I think a key with stocks, is not getting caught up too much on the side of never sell, or sell too often. There are people who get too fixed on either of those two sides. There is a time and place for holding, but also selling.

If you have a good intuition and avoid trying to always want the peak and valley, you absolutely can make some money with reasonable buying, selling and rebuying if the situation warrants. I've been doing that with one particular stock, that I noticed tends to cycle wildly up and down over the span of several months. In fact I just bought more of that stock today.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too feel your pain, gas prices along with the chance that interest rates are going to double by the time my Bronco is made have given me fear that I might have to go with something else. Gas prices are a result of Commie-Crats in this country shutting down our pipelines and allowing there comrades in Russia to build there's, all so they can push there EV car agenda.

As for the original post:

1. you should never "cash out" retirement funds for purchases (except maybe Home) As a 55YO I have always bought what I could afford that's why I have never bought a Brand New vehicle.

2.As of this minute interest rates are low finance now and pay-off later or put it up for sale and see if you can make a buck or two. I have managed to scrounge up almost 50% (sold 2 four wheelers plus profit from sale of JK) to put down, @2.49% from CU Ill have a lower payment then my 10yo JK

My problem is I have hardtop, 2.7 auto 2door ordered 6 months ago, and I'm thinking I'm looking at Nov-Dec timeline of this year if I'm luckiy Plenty of time for our Dip-shit and Chief to screw-up interest rates.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.