Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's when manual and squatch was either unknown or was announced (can't remember). Now it's not on B&P at all along with no manual and mid except for BL. At this point you either bail or jump on the $1895 V6 and 10 spd auto or wait hoping it hits for late availability before orders are due. My guess is people won't wait nor will they all switch to more expensive BL but will accept the bigger engine and auto as concession and the manual will fail.
The Bronco 7M take rate is already 2X the industry average.
Even with the artificial no Mid Package + 7M outside Badlands and late Mansquatch.

Not sure how failing upwards will result in cancelation.
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford:
  • Sasq with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
  • Mid, High and Lux interior packages with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
  • 2.7 V6 motor with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
Ford, you say the 'take rate' is only 10% with the 7-speed manual. Frankly it surprising that the take rate is that high with all of the above limitations! It's a self-imposed, self-fulfilling prophecy. Ford planners seem to equate manual = cheap or base. In this segment, however, manual = enthusiast.

Ford, treat your enthusiasts right and they'll be your best marketing reps!

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see, no Sasquatch with a manual and they wonder why the manual take rate is so low .
Fucking brilliant.
Also no manual with the v6. What did they expect

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The current 7M torque rating is too low to expect it to live a long life, at an acceptable warranty rate, behind a 2.7L.

If Ford correctly anticipated the 7M's popularity, they could have made the stouter 7M from the get-go, for nearly the same money.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Speaking of off-road equipment, the Sasquatch Package, which adds 35-inch tires and front and rear locking differentials among other things, is proving to be extremely popular with a bit less than half of reserved Broncos featuring the package."

Where did they pull that number from (other than their rear end)? the reservations didn't specify Sasquatch or no-Sasquatch. It was trim level and number of doors and most people just guessed since we didn't have much time to really consider them with the glitchy website.

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right. But if you squatch it won't that be comparable to the other models? I guess you have to also throw on the heavy duty front bumper too.
True.
But the buyer still gets the glorious Outer Banks badge, that shows they are not poor.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford:
  • Sasq with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
  • Mid, High and Lux interior packages with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
  • 2.7 V6 motor with 7-manual:
    • NOT AVAILABLE
Ford, you say the 'take rate' is only 10% with the 7-speed manual. Frankly it surprising that the take rate is that high with all of the above limitations! It's a self-imposed, self-fulfilling prophecy. Ford planners seem to equate manual = cheap or base. In this segment, however, manual = enthusiast.

Ford, treat your enthusiasts right and they'll be your best marketing reps!
Nothing else needs to be said. Take rate is off because people are taking what is available currently.

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak is the only model with the sport mode? Why is that? Ford?
No,,, Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and OBX all have sport mode..

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't complete the build and price because it wouldn't let me add sas to mt. I'm telling the dealer what to put in my order form. 2dr Badlands, 2.3 MT, sas, high, tow, roof rails and cross bars, little fold table, fishing rod holder. Everything else I will aftermarket or make myself. A deer yeeting grill guard, a badland 1200 (go ahead and make fun but at least it comes with a synthetic rope), hitch extender, real rock sliders with protruding side steps, hitch rack, bike rack, kayak mounts, 3d emblems, custom vinyls, performance tune with a new air filter and intercooler, ceramic coat, white rhino lining top, roll cage roof rack, and a chrome pearlescent forest green armor dip. Might take me 2 years to cross everything off that list but it'll happen.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole article is complete dogshit
There is no where they could get these statistics from our reservations...
Is he referring to the survey that only when out to 10k of the reservation holders...
Just another click bait article...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's becoming a common thing around here that Ford has been caught with their pants down regarding the manual take rate.
It's been said here and in other model and other brand forums that industry wide, the take rates were artificially lowered by dealers who would order ONLY autos because the manuals wouldn't move as fast.
Obviously, not everybody has the patience to custom order a car.....and wait MONTHS for it to be delivered...AND...industry sales tactics have generally shifted to high pressure "Buy it NOW" schemes and they push A LOT of vehicles on what would otherwise be Looky Lou's.
To the industrys surprise, The Bronco's strong following and passionate owners are pushing back finally....May The Force Be With Us! LOL

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope they figure out that if Sasquatch has around a 50% take rate that very possibly had the effect of skewing the takers for manual transmissions down significantly.

And the high take rate on the V6 for that matter...