Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed in terms of scheduling, but @KyTruckPlant is speaking in terms of what occurs on the line itself for those of us that have been speculating why our already built Broncos havnt been shipped yet (ie. Endless "In Production" status.
💯 this

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed in terms of scheduling, but @KyTruckPlant is speaking in terms of what occurs on the line itself for those of us that have been speculating why our already built Broncos havnt been shipped yet (ie. Endless "In Production" status.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I was just replying to @wanna1’s question. I haven’t been following the “Endless In Production Status” thread, because I’m not in production yet. Doh!

Obviously, I appreciate @KyTruckPlant’s posts, because I have been officially “following” him via the forum software for months. Sorry, KTP. No slight intended. 👍

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was just replying to @wanna1’s question. I haven’t been following the “Endless In Production Status” thread, because I’m not in production yet. Doh!

Obviously, I appreciate @KyTruckPlant’s posts, because I have been officially “following” him via the forum software for months. Sorry, KTP. No slight intended. 👍
Oh no worries at all, just wanted to clarify for other readers. 😃💪😃💪.

I'm off the mindset that once we find out what is causing some of these delays, we can share them and help curb the expectations of members with future build dates (ie. it appears and accessories that bump your Bronco to the Mod Shop will automatically add a good 3 days onto your build).

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question - how does this work? If every unscheduled order with a tow package is "dirty" and skipped, how are people taking deliveries of Broncos (or dealers of mannequins) with tow packages?

Or in other words are you "clean" in your turn in line, until they run out for the month, and then you are "dirty"?

i.e., how do they use up the 38% tow packages they do have if everyone with a tow package is "Unscheduled - Dirty"?
It's an iterative process. There are a limited number of commodities available at the beginning of each scheduling run. The scheduling algorithm will step through each reservation by priority/time stamp (or not 🙄), and once the available commodities are spent, the algorithm will keep skipping next-in-line reservation time stamps until it hits one with no constraints, i.e. a clean order. It does this as each commodity limit is reached on that list above. This is how you can have a late reservation and get a VIN, as they have build capacity but run through thousands of reservations until they get to one in the system that they have all the parts on hand to build. And why they might have to resort to taking new dealer orders that weave a path through all the constraints and keep the plant at full capacity

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question - how does this work? If every unscheduled order with a tow package is "dirty" and skipped, how are people taking deliveries of Broncos (or dealers of mannequins) with tow packages?

Or in other words are you "clean" in your turn in line, until they run out for the month, and then you are "dirty"?

i.e., how do they use up the 38% tow packages they do have if everyone with a tow package is "Unscheduled - Dirty"?
The option you listed in your second paragraph is correct.

For clarity, let’s assume for simplicity that Granger has 30 allocations to fill this month, but there are only 12 trailer tow packages available to Granger allocation in this month’s scheduling round (i.e., “supply”). Let’s also assume that in Granger’s Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB), they have 250 unscheduled orders that have included the tow package in their build (i.e., “demand”).

As the scheduling program goes down Granger’s USOB in descending order by timestamp scheduling clean orders, eventually it will run out of the tow package commodity, so every order after that which includes a tow package would appear as “unscheduled-dirty”, because there are no more of that commodity available.

In that scenario, the first 12 orders that want tow packages would appear “clean”, assuming all other commodities for those orders are available, and can be scheduled. Every one that wants tow packages after that would appear “dirty” and will be skipped.

TL;DR — A commodity constraint just means that demand is greater than supply. It doesn’t necessarily classify every order in the USOB that includes that commodity as “dirty”. Some of the tow package orders are “clean” and will be scheduled, based on timestamp order on Grangers USOB, and the rest of the tow package orders are “dirty” and will be skipped, once the actually commodity runs out.

::EDIT:: What @SCADABronx said. 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None taken!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, based on what you've both said - the way I look at it is this way:

My Dealer claims they have had 15% scheduled with some high allocation oddballs. Given I am #37 of 108 allocations: maybe 10 before me have already scheduled, that puts me at about 26/92 or 28%.

All of the constraints are at 60% of the USOB percentage or higher for my build. (2Dr, BL, 7MT, 2.3, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper) Tow is 38% when 63% have ordered it: .38/.63=.60 (i.e., 60% of the 63% Tow orders can be built)

So each month as they schedule, if the constraint percentage is higher than my place in line percentage, then I am most likely clean when they get to my place in line, and thus I shouldn't change anything.

Based on all this, I don't expect I'll be getting a VIN in the next two weeks, but it may be possible. October scheduling is much more likely.

It's an iterative process. There are a limited number of commodities available at the beginning of each scheduling run. The scheduling algorithm will step through each reservation by priority/time stamp (or not 🙄), and once the available commodities are spent, the algorithm will keep skipping next-in-line reservation time stamps until it hits one with no constraints, i.e. a clean order. It does this as each commodity limit is reached on that list above. This is how you can have a late reservation and get a VIN, as they have build capacity but run through thousands of reservations until they get to one in the system that they have all the parts on hand to build. And why they might have to resort to taking new dealer orders that weave a path through all the constraints and keep the plant at full capacity
The option you listed in your second paragraph is correct.

For clarity, let’s assume for simplicity that Granger has 30 allocations to fill this month, but there are only 12 trailer tow packages available to Granger allocation in this month’s scheduling round (i.e., “supply”). Let’s also assume that in Granger’s Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB), they have 250 unscheduled orders that have included the tow package in their build (i.e., “demand”).

As the scheduling program goes down Granger’s USOB in descending order by timestamp scheduling clean orders, eventually it will run out of the tow package commodity, so every order after that which includes a tow package would appear as “unscheduled-dirty”, because there are no more of that commodity available.

In that scenario, the first 12 orders that want tow packages would appear “clean”, assuming all other commodities for those orders are available, and can be scheduled. Every one that wants tow packages after that would appear “dirty” and will be skipped.

TL;DR — A commodity constraint just means that demand is greater than supply. It doesn’t necessarily classify every order in the USOB that includes that commodity as “dirty”. Some of the tow package orders are “clean” and will be scheduled, based on timestamp order on Grangers USOB, and the rest of the tow package orders are “dirty” and will be skipped, once the actually commodity runs out.

::EDIT:: What @SCADABronx said. 😂

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Dealer claims they have had 15% scheduled with some high allocation oddballs. Given I am #37 of 108 allocations: maybe 10 before me have already scheduled, that puts me at about 26/92 or 28%.
All of the constraints are at 60% of the USOB percentage or higher for my build. (2Dr, BL, 7MT, 2.3, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper) Tow is 38% when 63% have ordered it: .38/.63=.60 (i.e., 60% of the 63% Tow orders can be built)
Question: What is your actual reservation date/timestamp? (Some dealers lie, so it’s good to always have another reference point to anchor against.)

PS — One big unknown is how these numbers may change if a bunch more people switch to a soft top.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Having worked in manufacturing in a second life I agree. It wouldn't make any sense, and it would also slow production for no reason to install the tow hitch after the rear bumper was installed. However, it did surprise me that the rear bumper needed to be removed to install an aftermarket tow hitch. While not a extremely involved project it is something I didn't have to do when I installed an aftermarket one on my Jeep KL.
Think I was looking at an Outback a couple years back and those did require the bumper cover to come off for an aftermarket, out factory after the fact, hitch install.

Matt or may not be germane to the conversation at hand.

Flame on if that is the case. 🤔

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Question: What is your actual reservation date/timestamp? (Some dealers lie, so it’s good to always have another reference point to anchor against.)

PS — One big unknown is how these numbers may change if a bunch more people switch to a soft top.
Jul 14 20:18 GMT Reservation or 4:18 PM Eastern

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, based on what you've both said - the way I look at it is this way:
My Dealer claims they have had 15% scheduled with some high allocation oddballs. Given I am #37 of 108 allocations: maybe 10 before me have already scheduled, that puts me at about 26/92 or 28%.​
All of the constraints are at 60% of the USOB percentage or higher for my build. (2Dr, BL, 7MT, 2.3, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper) Tow is 38% when 63% have ordered it: .38/.63=.60 (i.e., 60% of the 63% Tow orders can be built)​
So each month as they schedule, if the constraint percentage is higher than my place in line percentage, then I am most likely clean when they get to my place in line, and thus I shouldn't change anything.​
Based on all this, I don't expect I'll be getting a VIN in the next two weeks, but it may be possible. October scheduling is much more likely.​
Jul 14 20:18 GMT Reservation or 4:18 PM Eastern
Based on your actual timestamp, I think you are comfortably in 21MY, but agree that, with your constraints, you’re not likely to schedule in the next few weeks. I think production in Oct/Nov is realistic, and hopefully sooner, if Webasto doesn’t shit the bed in the meantime.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm about 99% sure.
First, I've worked in Ford assembly plants for the last 30 years, both as an assembler and in maintenance. There's no way any engineer would set up the assembly line in such a way as to require the removal of the bumper after the fact in order to put on the tow bracket. That doesn't make any sense.

So, I acquired a copy of my errorproofing report and went through all 1803 EP stations looking for where in the process the tow bracket is added, knowing full well that process probably has a tool that reports proper torque was applied. I found that the tow bracket appears to be attached to the frame while the frame/engine/chassis is built up on chassis line 1.

So....for all the folks wondering if you're waiting for your ride to go through the MOD center for the tow package, you're not. I figured yall would want to know.
So what part of plant do you work in would like to come and talk at ya! Still in maintenance?

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what part of plant do you work in would like to come and talk at ya! Still in maintenance?
I'm still in maintenance, but an office rat now in SUV body
Sponsored