Sponsored

Towed 5 times in 3000 miles! I've had it.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

California’s Civil Code requires that manufacturers offer lemon law buybacks to new car, truck, and SUV owners whenever a manufacturer is unable to repair within a “reasonable number” of attempts a substantial defect occurring during the warranty period. The question of what amounts to a “reasonable number” of attempts is a primary issue in many lemon law lawsuits.
https://www.thelemonlawcalifornia.com/lemon-law-2/number-of-repairs-before-a-new-car-is-a-lemon/

You need to speak withyour Attorney Bernie or someone from the state consumer protection organization. My brother in-law had a Chevy that could not be repaired and he ended up getting a new truck under the lemon law. This was in CA.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, The Bronco Big brotherhood here has your back. Keep posting updates! Ford better take care of you. I would expect them to stand behind these Broncos more than any other. We have all been patient with them and they need to show Loyalty to us owners.

Keep updating the thread as things continue. If things sour with them I am for sure (as a fellow Bronco owner) going to be giving them my 2 cents of it all, and if others do too cents start to equal dollars...

Good Luck!

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the title reflect that the car is a lemon if you keep it? Akin to a ‘salvage’ branded title situation?
I was told it is not reflected in any paperwork.
EDIT TO ADD: in my case I’m waiting for a part for several months. So there is nothing to write about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the lemon law cover paying crazy ADMs so you can get another Bronco fast? I think that getting more attention from Ford may get you a working Bronco faster.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a very similar issue a few months after getting my Bronco. This is directly from the repair sheet:

ACCESSED ALL MODULES ON FD1 NETWORK TO REMOVE TO TEST SHORTED NETWORK. ACCESSED DASH PANEL AND TRIM PANELS IN SEVERAL LOCATIONS TO TRACE HARNESS #14401 AND #14A005. FOUND WATER DROPLETS ON TRIM AT DRIVER SIDE KICK PANELS AT A PILLAR. ACCESSED C#200 IN DRIVERS FRONT LOWER KICK AREA. BLEW OUT CONNECTOR AND CHECKED MALE AND FEMALE PINS. CHECKED FD1 NETWORK CIRCUITS PINS 4 AND 17 AT GWM C#32431A CIRCUITS #VDB49 AND #VDB50 APPLIED ELECTRICAL GREASE IN CONNECTOR #200. SPRAYED LEAK CHECK SEAL IN AND ALONG DRIVERS SIDE METAL TO METAL SEAMS AT A PILLAR. RE-ASSEMBLED AND TESTED. CLEARED CODES AND VEH NOW STARTS

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the lemon law cover paying crazy ADMs so you can get another Bronco fast? I think that getting more attention from Ford may get you a working Bronco faster.
No not at all. In my case Ford’s settlement with me strongly suggested not selling back my car to them as there are none that they can sell me back. I would have to repurchase another bronco and start in the back of the line.

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Intermittent electrical bugaboos are the worst. My son is a mechanic at a dealership and if they can’t reproduce the problem they’re stuck with guessing. Wiggling the wires might find the problem but only if it’s a connection issue. Anything internal to the module or some similar electrical part leaves them stuck. With some types of oddball problems there’s literally no fix until some mechanic with good intuition gets lucky.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't get too excited here @Ulchy. They'll respond in 5 business days saying they reviewed your situation and to speak with your dealer about options. It's just a PR move to make it appear to the rest of the forum they are taking action.

Not to spoil anything here but they don't solve anything. Flip is the only real resource here for things like this.
They do not solve anything directly, but going through them has at least two benefits (discovered when I had a gremlins/bent pin on an audio module):

1) If your dealer isn't doing what they are supposed to, this department will help get you prioritized for parts, and service.

2) They may offer perks for your troubles. My issue was only annoying (radio only worked at stoplights when auto-start was on 😂) but the gave me several years of prepaid maintenance for the hassle.

Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lemon law? I wouldn't risk trying to even fixing that thing. Hire a lawyer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had enough of being stranded by this Bronco. Total power loss while driving. Won't restart. Very dangerous situation.
Until now Ford couldn't find the problem and I was told to drive it until it failed again. Well damn, when it fails I'm left stranded on the road. This time on a narrow, busy mountain road. They now think it's the powertrain control module which is currently unavailable with no ETA. Check out this video of my error codes:

DM me your VIN, would like to take a look at the codes.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry you are experiencing this, it's obvious you have a Lemon.

What to do........I have been there done that a few times now. And long story short.....traded or sold the culprit vehicles.

Lemon Law takes much time- your time, also time on the calendar and a lot of waiting. Time is valuable that most of us do not have. I have tried BBB in the past for paying for body work services and no work done. And for an engine rebuild that the block cracked. They communicated with me but did not do anything. They referred me to court. Dumped both vehicles- one was a restoration of a 66 Bronco I took a huge bath on.

I had a new Camaro with transmission shuddering and slipping issues- spent more time at the dealer than me driving it. Then a new Ford Mustang GT with engine knock issues- piston rattling. The Mustang issue was diagnosed as "normal". The Camaro when I got it back the last time and it was "operable" I immediately traded it in. I lost some but not that much. The Mustang I got a really good deal on when I bought it and traded it in pretty much for what I paid for it. Both vehicles had about 6K miles.

I don't want to pawn vehicles and their problems onto to someone else but you do what you got to do. Be careful when you buy used- never know why someone really sold or traded it in. It's a crap shoot out there to get something good- new or used it seems.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There was a post recently where multiple people had random power loss issues that traced back to a loose battery terminal connection from the factory. There's no excuse for that to have been missed several times by your dealership, but...

You may also just have a cursed battery. Apparently this can happen but be undetectable by the dealership when they check it. Want to know how I know?

Earlier this year my mustang had a 3 year + 1 month old Motorcraft brand battery in it, and it started having crank issues.

Took it to the dealership because I wanted to use the amortized warranty left on the battery to get it replaced for a discount, the damn batteries are like $200.

I ended up there multiple times over a couple weeks. At one point, they kept my car for 3 days and benched the battery, trying to find something wrong with it. NOTHING. Eventually, i needed to move on with my life so I asked them to just put a new battery in, at full cost. The car has been fine since.

There's that saying,
When you hear hoofs, think horses, not zebras.

Your dealership may be pre-occupied looking for zebras, ask them to replace the damn battery. It's easy, and they are readily available parts.
Seems techs now can not use their own thought process. They are guided by fords how to fix a vehicle book. No room for deviation and if they want to they need to get an act of God to do it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I don't get, is that you listen to some people and the entire car is a big electronic spy... Yet when the entire engine decides that it doesn't want to run, you're telling me they can't pull some sort of diagnostic code to find out what started it all?

I mean I get that a lot of components will start complaining, but something had to complain 1st.

I mean I got a 10-year-old car that can tell me which light bulb is burned out, which spark plug needs to be replaced, etc. Just can't believe a modern car with all the electronics can't give someone some insight.
Sponsored