William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those who have taken a stock Badlands nonSaS off-road may have an opinion about how difficult a trail a stock Badlands can handle.

I was looking at OnX Trail rating criteria at: https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/app/features/technical-trail-ratings

I am estimating that a 7-rated trail may be too much for my brand new (just arrived at the dealership) Badlands nonSaS.

What has been your experience?
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those who have taken a stock Badlands nonSaS off-road may have an opinion about how difficult a trail a stock Badlands can handle.

I was looking at OnX Trail rating criteria at: https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/app/features/technical-trail-ratings

I am estimating that a 7-rated trail may be too much for my brand new (just arrived at the dealership) Badlands nonSaS.

Are you taking from someone who has never driven off-road or Loren Healy?

there’s a big difference in experience IMHO

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have bad nonsas most 7’s you’ll be good. A lot of those ratings are based off 1 or 2 obstacles that you can avoid if it seems to bee too much.

OP
OP

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have bad nonsas most 7’s you’ll be good. A lot of those ratings are based off 1 or 2 obstacles that you can avoid if it seems to bee too much.
Thanks for the reply.
Us non-Loren Healy types still like off-Roading. I will be extra cautious rather than extra bold.
Like they say about pilots: There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
PS, from one service guy to another, thanks for your service!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So in Moab, the off-rodeo takes you on a #4 trail that had a single #6/7 obstacle. Of course every Bronco makes it But the one thing I'm not sure about was if every Bronco there had SAS or not.

It's the dome plateau trail.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

i have a sasqaush 2021 4dr 2.7l i have done 4/5 often no 6 bump ups for me yet but 6 mud holes no problem and 6 rocks were easy enough

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in Moab, the off-rodeo takes you on a #4 trail that had a single #6/7 obstacle. Of course every Bronco makes it But the one thing I'm not sure about was if every Bronco there had SAS or not.

It's the dome plateau trail.
We drove a Non Sas Badlands there, as that's what we own. The remainder of the group was in SAS rigs. Our experience was that we could drive everything they drove, but that we drug the belly a little harder in a couple of the more technical spots. We made it up the 6/7 waterfall just fine, but did drag the fuel skid over the break over at the top. Other than that it was roughly equal, and stuff in the 4-5 range was not an issue even with a less experienced driver.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great answers, 6 or 7 rated trails are going to be a big challenge for the 33” tires on a stock Badlands. 7 rated trails have up to a 5’ ledge which is sketchy with broncos low hanging underside.

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We drove a Non Sas Badlands there, as that's what we own. The remainder of the group was in SAS rigs. Our experience was that we could drive everything they drove, but that we drug the belly a little harder in a couple of the more technical spots. We made it up the 6/7 waterfall just fine, but did drag the fuel skid over the break over at the top. Other than that it was roughly equal, and stuff in the 4-5 range was not an issue even with a less experienced driver.
We also drove a Non Sas Badlands and that was our experience as well. We drug where those in the Sas Badlands didn't. However, for the most part it was fine.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also drove a non Sasquatch BL at Moab and was surprised how much it hit stuff I never would have even thought about in my jeep on 33”s…some good skids and rockers would sure be on my list if it was mine…

Sponsored

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also drove a non Sasquatch BL at Moab. They had me try a few places with and without the sway bar. It made a difference in traction.

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
was wondering the same thing, I have a manual Badlands non SAS but I have added shocks and 35s so I should be ok, its the manual part in the hairy stuff that I am curious about.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
was wondering the same thing, I have a manual Badlands non SAS but I have added shocks and 35s so I should be ok, its the manual part in the hairy stuff that I am curious about.
This spring at Bronco safari My son and I were in 2 manual Badlands...one squatch on 37s, and one non squatch on 35s. We did everything the automatics did. Personally I prefer MT on the trails, and once you get the hang of it you might too! Don't get frustrated if you stall it...learn to use crank in gear. Don't let AT guys tell you what to do too much...learn to feel the terrain and control the vehicle w/the skinny pedal. Have fun!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I like when I hear it's impossible to drive a manual transmission off road. I always knew I was good driving off road when I was younger. I just didn't realize I was doing the impossible at the time!

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This spring at Bronco safari My son and I were in 2 manual Badlands...one squatch on 37s, and one non squatch on 35s. We did everything the automatics did. Personally I prefer MT on the trails, and once you get the hang of it you might too! Don't get frustrated if you stall it...learn to use crank in gear. Don't let AT guys tell you what to do too much...learn to feel the terrain and control the vehicle w/the skinny pedal. Have fun!
yeah we'll be out in Moab next month to practice lol heading out to Safari next spring too +
sounds like the manuals have fail-safe with the anti stall and crawl mode too - Not too worried
Sponsored