First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still wonder how you got codes for all 4? I find it hard to believe you damaged all 4 of them at the same time? Did you ever figure out which one was the bad one? and were the other codes set in error? I think there's still alot of room to improve this software. But hey, that's why we bring this stuff up right?
That’s the problem, they all check out ok now. No damage whatsoever that I or the dealership could find. They looked it over and just gave me the truck back.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s the problem, they all check out ok now. No damage whatsoever that I or the dealership could find. They looked it over and just gave me the truck back.
That's gotta be a software bug then...some combination of wheelspin, turning, etc that makes the wss's read something the computer doesn't understand. I haven't experienced it yet, but I believe you guys that say you have!

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's gotta be a software bug then...some combination of wheelspin, turning, etc that makes the wss's read something the computer doesn't understand. I haven't experienced it yet, but I believe you guys that say you have!
I believe it’s software as well but a fix is desperately needed as this code left me virtually stranded. I really lucked up and had some side by sides winch me up the last big obstacle and I was able to force my way over everything else. It was a tough blow because I went from overly confident in the truck to questioning if it’s safe to trail ride in. This had the potential to leave me, and my family, stranded overnight. I was on this trail 9.5 hours and only saw these 4 side by sides all day.

OP
OP
orion

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe it’s software as well but a fix is desperately needed as this code left me virtually stranded. I really lucked up and had some side by sides winch me up the last big obstacle and I was able to force my way over everything else. It was a tough blow because I went from overly confident in the truck to questioning if it’s safe to trail ride in. This had the potential to leave me, and my family, stranded overnight. I was on this trail 9.5 hours and only saw these 4 side by sides all day.
You should have an OBDII code reader and try to clear the codes next time. I always have one with me, whether it be Forscan Lite or my dedicated OBD scanner. I bet you tripped them up and through a code yet everything was fine. Sometimes codes will clear themselves but need time/miles to figure out all is well. You could do that right then and there.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery? That should clear the codes if it's a glitch, or like @orion said, a cheap portable obd tool. I used to have one that Bluetoothed to my phone. Somebody borrowed it, and they need it more than me I guess!

Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should have an OBDII code reader and try to clear the codes next time. I always have one with me, whether it be Forscan Lite or my dedicated OBD scanner. I bet you tripped them up and through a code yet everything was fine. Sometimes codes will clear themselves but need time/miles to figure out all is well. You could do that right then and there.
Is a “FORScan Light” what you would recommend?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery? That should clear the codes if it's a glitch, or like @orion said, a cheap portable obd tool. I used to have one that Bluetoothed to my phone. Somebody borrowed it, and they need it more than me I guess!
Good idea guys. (y)

OP
OP
orion

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is a “FORScan Light” what you would recommend?
I've yet to have to clear a code since getting Forscan, but yeah, it should work.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

is there a TSB for 4A controller module replacement? I read sometimes they weren't disengaging as intended. I complained about the 4A seeming like its always engaed on front, dealer told me 4A isnt for pavement to which i had to argue yes it is. Its 4 advanced 4x4 AWD. They basically ignored me asking them about how i felt it was super noisy. On top of this im also having 7 speed manual transmission noises and last night she grinded in 2nd for no reason while already in gear.. No reliable fix for that yet from FORD..... :0
Sponsored