First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get some 3M Windo-Weld Fast Urethane Epoxy Compound 08609 at your local auto parts store. This stuff is great, sealed up my F250 windshield with it.
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will this problem cause excessive wind noise as well?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for this. The only rain we've had since I brought my Bronco home has been freezing rain and it was parked at each of those times. Haven't been through the car wash yet either. Hopefully mine isn't affected.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else take their Bronco to the dealership to get this fixed? Mines been sitting there for weeks, waiting on the “seal” part to come in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BLMike

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to follow up after I got the TSB repair done on my Bronco. Had to go through a couple of rain days to test it. Not so common where I am. I can say that there has been no leaks in the last month or so. I got the fix on March 1st. Other than a little sealer I had to clean up by the rubber header, things have been good. Rained again this morning and still dry.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to follow up after I got the TSB repair done on my Bronco. Had to go through a couple of rain days to test it. Not so common where I am. I can say that there has been no leaks in the last month or so. I got the fix on March 1st. Other than a little sealer I had to clean up by the rubber header, things have been good. Rained again this morning and still dry.
Appreciate the follow-up.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/members/blmike.18518/

Any photos available as the repairs done to the pillar leak your speaking of.

OP
OP
BLMike

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bigeffr

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 6G BL SAS - 22 Sport Badlands - 13 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my 22 for a couple weeks and have the same leak as the 21's. Taking to dealer on Friday and giving them this TSB number and let them take if from there....THANKS for info.

Sponsored

Bigeffr

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 6G BL SAS - 22 Sport Badlands - 13 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my 22 for a couple weeks and have the same leak as the 21's. Taking to dealer on Friday and giving them this TSB number and let them take if from there....THANKS for info.
Good news...the dealer is applying this TSB for my 22 and should be making the repairs soon.

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a leak from one "header bolt" I thought the hole was stripped out, but I guess it didn't have a nut on it or the nut came off. I put RTV on it and it stopped the leak. I'm not sure if I really want to take it to the dealer and have them remove the whole seal just to put a new nut on.
@srick76 or @flip do you know what size nut or the part number you should use for this (pic below the of the bolts from the TSB)?

I also have this leak and took to the dealer but it’s still leaking. I did some investigating under the interior trim and noticed there were no nuts on the two bolts on the driver side. I think the water in that seal is dripping through the loose bolts and into the interior. I cannot however get the bolts out so need to find the correct nut size and thread to replace. Any help is welcome!

IMG_0056.jpeg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@srick76 or @flip do you know what size nut or the part number you should use for this (pic below the of the bolts from the TSB)?

I also have this leak and took to the dealer but it’s still leaking. I did some investigating under the interior trim and noticed there were no nuts on the two bolts on the driver side. I think the water in that seal is dripping through the loose bolts and into the interior. I cannot however get the bolts out so need to find the correct nut size and thread to replace. Any help is welcome!

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header IMG_0056

HB1 W719681-S442 BOLT, BOLT AND WASHER M6 X 25 HEX PIL
Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header 1684754853484

HN2 W520101-S450B NUT, M6, NUT
HS1 W717754-S450B SCREW, SCREW AND WASHER 4.2X25 HF SPH FL TH
Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header 1684754929248

HN1 W715150-S900 NUT, M4.2
Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header 1684754979264

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header 1684754767434

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco TSB 21-2403 for Leaking A-Pillar and/or Windshield Header 1684754767434
Just an FYI for everyone following this thread. I had my dealer order and add the nuts to the bolts highlighted above and this completely fixed my leak. As I inferred, the leak was caused from water getting into the sealed channel along the A-Pillar. This is supposed to happen, and there are drainage holes at either end of the channel. However, because of the missing nuts, water was leaking through the holes with the loose bolts, into the interior plastic trim under the A-Pillar and then would leak out either through the Aux Switch housing (and into the gap around the hero switches and all over the electric in there) or through the drivers side A-Pillar airbag housing. This is also why it generally wouldn’t leak when the car wasn’t moving. When the car was moving, and those bolts would shake/move, and water would then leak through. @Ford Motor Company I would look into this as the cause of a lot of leaks along theA-Pillar. I think several vehicles may be missing the nuts as I’ve indicated.
Sponsored