Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your sure HP and SCT have cracked the PCM? Whipple has a "full" tune with "blessed" (encryption key from FMC) access from FMC. Maybe HP and/or SCT are replacing the PCM to gain access?

FMC said the Bronco is practically uncrackable or something along those lines.
Nothing is uncrackable, thereā€™s just extra steps that need to be taken using FDRS to ensure everything works. Iā€™m in the Beta process with a tuner using an HP Tunerā€™s MPVI device. Should have a tuned 2.7L in the next few days. The 3.0L is the same process. Iā€™ll share more details when everything is good to go.

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nothing is uncrackable, thereā€™s just extra steps that need to be taken using FDRS to ensure everything works. Iā€™m in the Beta process with a tuner using an HP Tunerā€™s MPVI device. Should have a tuned 2.7L in the next few days. The 3.0L is the same process. Iā€™ll share more details when everything is good to go.
Would love to hear more. Iā€™ve been hearing the same story about the DME in my M2c for 3 years. Iā€™m not interested in needing to remove parts to ship or go to a tuner thatā€™s 10 states away. When we can OBD style tune these from a laptop or my phone, Iā€™ll be a believer in all the ā€œComing soon!ā€

Fingers crossed.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing is uncrackable...
Well except quantum cryptography...

Do note, I stated "practically".

AFAIK, the Bronco remains uncracked.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would love to hear more. Iā€™ve been hearing the same story about the DME in my M2c for 3 years. Iā€™m not interested in needing to remove parts to ship or go to a tuner thatā€™s 10 states away. When we can OBD style tune these from a laptop or my phone, Iā€™ll be a believer in all the ā€œComing soon!ā€

Fingers crossed.

You will need to swap your ECU with a flashed one. You will also need to find a tuner who can remotely configure the PCM and enable PATs on the new ECU. Or go to a Ford dealership and have it done. I donā€™t know what the process will be once itā€™s out in the wild. Gone are the days of just connecting a SCT or HP tuners device. Itā€™s quite the process

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would spend the $600 for the Ford Tune and install it in about 15 minutes and see if you need anything further. The extra horses and transmission shifting improvement is perfect for me. Don't see the Bronco as a sports car. Spend the money on other things like suspension/bumpers/tires/wheels/lights etc... make it custom for you. Lots of good threads to review and see what you like for a build. 25k+ buys a ton of stuff!
Circling back on this, what is the difference between this device for $600 that you can buy and the threads on here that are talking about the Ford Performance tune that keeps getting pushed back?

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Circling back on this, what is the difference between this device for $600 that you can buy and the threads on here that are talking about the Ford Performance tune that keeps getting pushed back?
A few main categories of tunes, for our rigs (and most others as well).

1. Piggyback - These just interrupt and modify some signals between the PCM and some engine sensors "tricking" the turbos to make more boost and hence more power. E.g. JB4.

2. Full tune via used/unlocked PCM. Allows broad and precise control of all tuning parameters by replacing your factory PCM with an open/unencrypted one. E.g. ZFG Racing.

3. Tuners with encryption keys from Ford. Full tuning capability, engine and transmission. E.g. Whipple.

4. Ford Performance Tune. Same as above with Ford warranty.

Theory, law and practice are all over the place as to denial of related warranty claims with anything but #4.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks. Which one is the one mentioned earlier for $600? ā€œFord Tune comes with a programmer box that plugs right into your Bronco.ā€

it sounds like this is already out and being used. I assume this is different than the Ford Performance tune thatā€™s been delayed?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks. Which one is the one mentioned earlier for $600? ā€œFord Tune comes with a programmer box that plugs right into your Bronco.ā€

it sounds like this is already out and being used. I assume this is different than the Ford Performance tune thatā€™s been delayed?
That was mentioned by someone who was referring to the Ford Performance tune that's available for the 2.7. It doesn't exist for the 3.0 yet.

If you want a fully custom tune that's going to blow that one and any others out of the water, get the ZFG tune

I will be posting results within a couple of weeks hopefully once I can get on a dyno. So far on 93 the gains are massive. Will be switching to a E50 blend today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you sir. That's funny, the title of this forum is "3.0 EcoBoost engine modifications" and someone is giving me advice to just buy a tune made for a different engine :ROFLMAO:

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would do some research on Hennessy both past/present before spending a penny with them.

I ran Livernois on my '12 MKS EcoBoost for 6 years before selling it and it was awesome. However, I would first give AJPTurbo a try and if we couldn't make magic happen, I'd go with ZFG Racing.
Sponsored