First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great review! Looks awesome with your theme. Kind of a bummer the tint doesn’t match, but like you said it’s a simple fix. Can you clarify better about your last photo / 2nd to last bullet point about the tailgate rubber? I have a MIC top, and you also have to open the tailgate door 90 degrees to lift up the rear window. But that’s just a function of it not clearing, and I think you are trying to say there is a piece of rubber catching or something. Thank you.
If you open it to its furthest position, it will not catch. Otherwise, like OP says, the rubber will seemingly wear/tear in due time.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks fantastic. It will be the way I go.

As for cleaning areas before adhesive install - did you use rubbing alcohol or a soap? Soaps/detergents of any kind will leave a film. When I installed my bug shield it came with an alcohol wipe

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic. It will be the way I go.

As for cleaning areas before adhesive install - did you use rubbing alcohol or a soap? Soaps/detergents of any kind will leave a film. When I installed my bug shield it came with an alcohol wipe
I just used a damp cloth, wiped it down, and dried it. Same steps I've always taken with adhesives and never had an issue. I think part of it might be to do it's a bit of an odd, curved surface - Who knows.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!

Ya, so that last picture you can see the rubber along the bottom of the glass? Well when you open the cargo door 90 degrees, it pinches the rubber. You need to swing it past 90 degrees. However, when you close the door it gets caught up in it again. It’ll likely tear over a short period of time - thankfully TOR acknowledged this before I received my top, and they were already actively working on a solution and would provide the solution once complete. I’m not sure what the fix is, but hoping it’s easy to install.
Great review! Looks awesome with your theme. Kind of a bummer the tint doesn’t match, but like you said it’s a simple fix. Can you clarify better about your last photo / 2nd to last bullet point about the tailgate rubber? I have a MIC top, and you also have to open the tailgate door 90 degrees to lift up the rear window. But that’s just a function of it not clearing, and I think you are trying to say there is a piece of rubber catching or something. Thank you.
My 2dr MIC has a similar issue. The rubber corner was actually stiff enough to take a small piece of paint off.
That gate needs to be at or very near 90* before you open the glass.

Fantastic write up!
So glad it's meeting your expectations!
Congrats!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2dr MIC has a similar issue. The rubber corner was actually stiff enough to take a small piece of paint off.
That gate needs to be at or very near 90* before you open the glass.

Fantastic write up!
So glad it's meeting your expectations!
Congrats!!!
Thanks!

It's not so much the swing gate needs to be open 90 degrees or more - That's definitely going to always be the case to open the hatch. It's more the top right corner of the swing gate gets caught up in the rubber on the bottom of the glass when you swing it open. I'll try to remember to take a picture later to help illustrate it.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this doesn't highlight it perfectly, but you can clearly see in the picture where the door is rubbing harder near the corner and will eventually rip the rubber. The video looks better than it is, but trust me, with the right conditions of opening/closing the hatch and then the cargo door, it catches in the rubber in certain situations. Also you cannot physically open the rear hatch unless you swing the door open past 90 degrees - Otherwise it will hit the corner of the cargo door.

Again, this is a very minor concern and TOR is already addressing it with a solution. As with everything they have done, they've been open and honest and quick to address. Just wanted to be open and honest with my feedback to everyone. :)

Ford Bronco Turn Off Road Hard Top - Self Installation & Review IMG_4578

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, this is a very minor concern and TOR is already addressing it with a solution.
I can get a pic after I get home tonight as well.
I'm just saying that it appears to be a very tricky area to deal with, certainly not faulting anyone.

This is probably the seal/gasket issue holding up ADV.
🙄

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That extra foam on the rubber bumpers easily came off for me. I assume that was what I was supposed todo since they didn't have that on theirs in the install video. Looks good!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can we get some more pics of the interior please? I think we're good on exterior and the latches, but maybe a focus around some of the detailing at the windows (side windows and rear window)? Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited: