Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Noticed today driving home from work that I was getting a fast flash on my right turn signal. When I got home everything was working, no lights out. I have Oracle flush mounts, and I read that some people had trouble with corrosion so I pulled it out and the connector for the resistor def had some corrosion. I cleaned it up and went to test it out, and now I'm not getting any turn signal at all. I tested at my trailer wiring and nothing. Tried the OEM tail light and nothing. Tail/brake works. Other side turn works. Just not the right rear turn.

Halp.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dlars99

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered a set of the flush mounts. Where are you seeing corrosion? And thank you in advance.

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just ordered a set of the flush mounts. Where are you seeing corrosion? And thank you in advance.
The connector for the resistor (for non LED Broncos) is not sealed. If you have this one, put some dielectric grease on it (or maybe even cut it out and use a better connector).

Dlars99

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will do thank you!

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this something I need to reset in Forscan? Maybe I shorted something?

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you take it to a shop that primarily handles BMWs? They likely disabled as that is standard SOP for any BMW on the road.

Did you double check the connector after cleaning? Sounds like it may not be seated properly after you cleaned the corrosion and worth a second look.

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely a short issue. Hooked up Forscan and saw it was disabled due to a short. Unhooked my trailer wiring pigtail and it went away. I'll dig into it more tomorrow.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely a short issue. Hooked up Forscan and saw it was disabled due to a short. Unhooked my trailer wiring pigtail and it went away. I'll dig into it more tomorrow.
If the Body Control Module has detected a short too many times, it may need to be replaced. There should be DTCs, if problem remains after codes are cleared, it’ll need a BCM.

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok. Checked it out a little more today. I couldn't find a short in any of my wiring or in the harness for the tail light.

I think the code clearing when I removed the trailer wiring was just coincidence.

When I was poking around today the code came back with nothing plugged in at all.

I replaced the Oracle LED tail with the OEM, and today eventually the code went away and the fast flashing stopped and I had a turn signal again. Hooking the trailer pig-tail back up did not cause any issue and it was still working.

So...new question.

Could just having the tail light unhooked trigger the code I was getting? I wasn't having that issue until I started unhooking everything to check the resistor.

I was getting B12848 Right Rear Turn Indicator
Short to ground

I'm used to diagnosing this stuff with a multimeter and spare fuses. This modern stuff is new for me lol.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unhooking it won't give a Short to Ground error code.

Now - if you unhooked it and accidently arc welded it to the chassis - maybe.

Just unhooking would give an Open or Failed Bulb error code - whatever the code it would throw would be called.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess I'll just put the OEM tails back in and get ready to take it to the dealership yet again. :(.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Noticed today driving home from work that I was getting a fast flash on my right turn signal. When I got home everything was working, no lights out. I have Oracle flush mounts, and I read that some people had trouble with corrosion so I pulled it out and the connector for the resistor def had some corrosion. I cleaned it up and went to test it out, and now I'm not getting any turn signal at all. I tested at my trailer wiring and nothing. Tried the OEM tail light and nothing. Tail/brake works. Other side turn works. Just not the right rear turn.

Halp.
Good afternoon, Tavis! I would be glad to help you out with these turn signal concerns if you are still in need of assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

OP
OP
TavisB

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up getting a similar resistor from Amazon and cut the old one out and redid the wiring with a better connector. Everything is working properly ATM. I'll keep an eye on it but hopefully the short was just me being sloppy with the probes.

The original resistor was what failed. I'll probably reach out to Oracle and see what they say.

PXL_20240203_141908471.jpg
Sponsored