First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good for them. I hope they get fair wages.
And a fair wage is what, $200K? For doing what? How can you expect these kind of wages at the same time have a poor work ehtic? I used to work at a Union shop, all you hear is Union guys banter about how to get more for doing less, they don't give a darn about doing a good job, going the extra mile. There is a reason plants have moved and are moving to Mexico. Check the sticker on most Fords and Chevys, the USA parts content is often very low and declines every year. It was just announced Ford is going to build Broncos in China!! Sure they say its for the Chinese market, what do you think is going to happen next? A win for the UAW? I think not!
Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Michigan assembly builds broncos. Dearborn builds f150s as well as Kansas city.
KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant) aka Louisville - builds Super Duties... not sure if they are also built elsewhere.

Sponsored

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the Teamsters are refusing to deliver, then it really doesn't matter which plants shut down, no cars are going to arrive at dealerships. Last I checked, even with rail shipping they still have to have a truck take them from the rail yard to the dealership.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 23 WildTrak just changed to "In production" so I wonder if they will keep pushing through what they can and create a backlog for MAP when the deal is struck.
I am now wondering if I just wait it out, or make a move on an instock equilivent.
Sorry to all. This really sucks to further wait.
If you can, do both! Keep your order but look for a "transitional" Bronco that's already waiting for a home! We got extremely lucky with a decades-relationship dealer that had exactly what we wanted coming in and he sold it to us at MSRP...which was not our usual invoice price, but hey, it's a BRONCO!!! The sooner you get one, the sooner the fun begins!! Good luck.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many days supply of parts do you keep on hand normally? Will you be able to get caught up somewhat or are will you keep working from behind?
It varies by customer, by program, by how far our plant is from the assembly plant, customer releases and how product is transported. But for our division that makes superduty averages 3 days. Cant really spell out too much detail but can say this. Bronco / Ranger is different as the frames are made in Canada and need to cross the border.

Our division that makes Ford superduty frames sends most frames by rail & that plant is 1.5 hours by interstate . Rail actually takes much longer and the time varies (dealing with rail companies is just as difficult as union). Bronco division also sends by rail but it's a longer train ride

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Teamsters are refusing to deliver, then it really doesn't matter which plants shut down, no cars are going to arrive at dealerships. Last I checked, even with rail shipping they still have to have a truck take them from the rail yard to the dealership.
Usually during a strike they won't cross the picket line to go into the plant, but rail yards and open plants should still be shipping.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess on the plus side, more time to save for my new Ranger. 😀

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.

The other vehicles hit are the Chevy Colorado and Jeep. Off roaders hit VERY hard here.

It does seem like it would be much harder hitting to get the Cleveland Engine Plant where all of the Ecoboost engines are made. That shuts down F-150, Bronco, Mustang, etc., etc. Are they being soft/gracious???
This was on purpose. They didn’t want to back the lion into a corner they just wanted to poke it with a stick initially so they went after profitable (bronco, wrangler etc) but not cash cows (super duty, 2500HD). You can read all about their strategy

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IKEA to start selling bronco kits )..tool kit for assembly not included..
Tool kit not included, but we all have like 10000 Allen Wrenches from everything else we've bought and had to put together...

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Asking for a knowledgable opinion . . . would I be smart just to buy the Bronco off the lot that we found (all be it 6 hrs away).
My concern is that my truck is going to sit outside waiting for this to end, but I do not know enough about how the process works to know how worried to be???

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
On the positive side, maybe the constraints will go away if the suppliers catch up with demand.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dad became a journeyman mechanic the year I was born and I have been in the Industry for the last 30 years. I had the opportunity to tour the Caterpillar Engine Plant when they were still building over-the-road engines and one part of the tour I will never forget, the installation of the valve cover.

Here is the sequence.

Station 1. One person installed the studs, another used an air tool to tighten the studs. Off to the next station.

Station 2, One person laid the cover gasket. Off to the next station.

Station 3. One person placed the valve cover. Off to the next station.

Station 4. One person installed the nuts, another used an air tool to tighten them.

Six people to install a valve cover in the course of around 10-15 minutes which should take one person 5 minutes or so.
Sponsored