Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the whisky. Which reminds me, I need to make more sortilege.
I'm on the fence with poutine. Fries and gravy is an absolute banger....but I'm unsure about the cheese curds. What say all you norther northerners?
Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The UAW's leadership certainly has a legitimate gripe about executive pay, for sure. But anyone with any memory (or a brain) knows that the strikes in the 1970s didn't do the auto industry any favors. These latest ones will likely just send even more jobs offshore, or to states drooling to give incentives to non-union plants.

DDuboisJr

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 370Z NISMO (just sold)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The Big 3 made 250 billion dollars in profits in the past 10 years. Not million, billion with a B. It's ok for the CEOs to make 20 million dollars a year minimum and no one says a word. When the UAW workers ask for a few crumbs everyone loses their minds! The CEOs sit in their ivory towers and send out emails and travels all over. The workers are the ones building the vehicles and working 40-84 hours a week, wear and tear on their bodies. They are at work more then they are at home. They ask for a sliver of the pie 🥧 and they get roasted by people who have never worked in a shop. The UAW leadership asks for the moon because when all is said and done they might get just a few scraps that were dropped on the floor.
You get paid based on the skills you bring to the table, not as if you're a part owner in the company. If you have skills that are worth more than you think you're getting as a UAW member, find a new job. Free market. If Big 3 isn't compensating enough to attract the right people, they'd have to sweeten the pot. Pure workforce supply and demand

Vigi1ante

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good. We the People need to be fairly compensated if we are to afford a lifestyle here when inflation is spiraling.

It's ridiculous we've been stuck at 40hrs a week to earn full time benefits since 1940 when productivity due to automation has skyrocketed since then. Considering our history, if this goes through the rest of us will see this benefits about 15ish years later. A win for the UAW means all of our lives become easier as well.

Too many people in this thread are getting stuck on "Well I worked 60+ hour weeks and so should everybody else" don't understand the promise of technological advancement was to improve our lives...

We used to be able to support an entire household on one income, and then businesses got greedy and withheld pay requiring both people in the workplace. Even a small win like a 32week is a step in the right direction to recovering those lost benefits such as a stay at home spouse.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
lol it has everything to do with laziness. My post was short so let me expand. I agree not all members / assembly workers are lazy, but the point is the union leadership is choosing to use a "lazy" strategy. The union did not come to the table, they just made unrealistic demands. When the OEM's came back with offers, the union boss threw them in the trash. Where was the collective bargaining effort on the part of the union? What has the union done to help solve the issue? All they have done is the grandstanding in hopes they can get the best increase with as little effort as possible. Unfortunately for the union, laziness is a hallmark descriptor. And in the meantime it wont be long before dealerships won't have any more Bronco's or rangers to sell
...I worked on the assembly line for Ford for many years...if you worked on the line,for the most part you didn't have time to be lazy...we were building 62 cars an hour...some jobs (be a utility,relief man)I did ,I didn't have time to light a cigarette...welts on my ass from installing rear speakers..I saw many guys get fired for all kinds of reasons,and not anyone can do assembly line work...I had the experience of going on strike in '76...I walked the picket line at the rail loading area...and in my case,I've been collecting a Ford/UAW pension for 17 years now...

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so basically Korean Dramas and Hyundai Santa Cruz for everyone in 2024
Reruns of Cheers and the Office should get me through the rest of the year.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the fence with poutine. Fries and gravy is an absolute banger....but I'm unsure about the cheese curds. What say all you norther northerners?
absolutely get the cheese curds

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta say poutine is hit or miss for me. They better be getting those fries really crispy before the gravy goes on. Cheese curds are elite atleast high quality squeaky ones that is.

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remember when they were called “labor unions” and not just unions? So it’s not about labor anymore…

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with a collective bargaining approach because without it, what leverage do workers have if they don't possess some unique skill that's high in demand? We've seen since the early 80s with supply-side economics that real wages have declined for the average blue-collar worker, but skyrocketed for white-collar workers and executives. Wage inequity is unhealthy for society if it goes on too long. Having said that, there has to be good faith negotiations on both sides. The UAW has to bring something to the table other than bodies - some other benefit - and the company has to recognize they are better off when workers share in a company's success. There is a middle ground.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just received the Wall Street Journal news flash that UAW went on strike. WTF are they thinking with a 32 work week. This isn’t Europe. The will push more and more production out of this country. Hell, I often work 32 in two days. This must be the participation trophy generation making the demands.
:ROFLMAO:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta say poutine is hit or miss for me. They better be getting those fries really crispy before the gravy goes on. Cheese curds are elite atleast high quality squeaky ones that is.
ahh - so you know about the Wisconsin cheese curds then?

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I work for a Utility company - they asked for ideas from employees on what we want to see from the company etc....

All the 20 something Engineers asked for this:

Have no Vacation time - instead have project timelines. So lets say one project is scheduled to have a 6 week timeline for completion but the Engineer completes it in 4 weeks. This would allow the Engineer to take 2 weeks off paid.

Ya the new generation is something else.
A tale as old as time

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] 1694803213467
Sponsored