Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's do some math.
Annual UAW dues ($70 x 12 month x 140,000 members = 117,600,000)

2022 UAW salary ( link below $207,000)

$117,600,000/$207,000 = 568, meaning UAW dues/revenue is 568 times higher than the UAW president's salary.

Ford revenue $136,300,000,000
Ford CEO compensation $22,813,174
136,300,000,000/$22,813,174 = 7,026.47
Meaning that ford's annual revenue is 7026 times higher than ford's ceo salary.

So tell me who is overpaid?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2022/08/06/uaw-president-salary-ieb-raises/10245671002/
Do you believe that the Big three CEO's aren't over paid?
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Say it isn't so.

Just kidding (if that's allowed).

30 years at Ford I had my finger on the pulse of all the shenanigans that went on.

Believe it or not there are still a lot of "things" that go on with the leadership at local levels.

Can't elaborate much more because the" powers that be" get their panties in a wad.

Thanks for the brief summation.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll sum it up for ya then- there was lots of Union corruption in the UAW. Embezzlement of millions by higher ups on lavish vacations, homes, etc. very recent too. Not sure how you missed it.
This happens a lot in unions. Kind of ironic that unions are formed to fight corruption and greed and then end up going down the same path. I'm not saying all, but it definitely happens. Just like politicians. Tell you what you want to hear, get your trust and then serve themselves. Sad reality that us human creatures live with.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you believe that the Big three CEO's aren't over paid?
I think it's fair to say most of us think CEOs of large companies are overpaid. But, why does that matter? If Ford thinks Farley is worth $80mil/year, does the guy snapping trim in place really get to argue that he's worth $136/hour? Tesla pays $45/hr for labor. Ford and GM about $63/hr currently. If the overpaid UAW president gets his way, it will jump to said $136/hr counting all benefits. How can Ford or GM make EVs to compete with Tesla? If I thought my company didn't pay me enough I would go elsewhere. The big 3 auto workers already make more than all the other non union company's and they produce lower quality products by and large. Who's being greedy again?

Sponsored

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been required to be a union member at several points in my life. In my youth as a retail clerk; and over a 32 career in law enforcement. The union is little more than a third-party entity which places itself between the employer and the employee - and is only interested in one thing - perpetuating it's own existence.

Without a doubt, employees did and do benefit to some degree with union membership - but, when push comes to shove - the union is going to act in it's own self interest. As a cop, we often saw the union aligning itself with political candidates and propositions/laws which the membership did not support. It's always going to act in it's own self-interest at the end of the day.

And listening to statements put out by either the big three or the union is like listening to - fill-in the blank of your favorite cable news entity de-jour - a little bit of truth, and a whole lot of spin.

For those who don't have their Broncos yet... I hope it happens for you sooner than later. With wages slated to increase; interest rates rumored to be going up... we are all in for a rough ride.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's fair to say most of us think CEOs of large companies are overpaid. But, why does that matter? If Ford thinks Farley is worth $80mil/year, does the guy snapping trim in place really get to argue that he's worth $136/hour? Tesla pays $45/hr for labor. Ford and GM about $63/hr currently. If the overpaid UAW president gets his way, it will jump to said $136/hr counting all benefits. How can Ford or GM make EVs to compete with Tesla? If I thought my company didn't pay me enough I would go elsewhere. The big 3 auto workers already make more than all the other non union company's and they produce lower quality products by and large. Who's being greedy again?
I for sure think 40% is a no go. It is hard to justify saying no when you're okay giving an already over paid position a 40% raise. I believe that's the message they're trying to send. It's a Good talking point.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over paid compared to what? They are severely underpaid percentage wise compared to the 2022 UAW president.
In general, do you think they're overpaid?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And BTW- my point was in no way that the union is corrupt while CEO’s and corporations are not. Corruption is everywhere- our government in particular. I was merely responding to the “union corruption is laughable and baseless” claim. That claim is laughable and baseless!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the overpaid UAW president gets his way, it will jump to said $136/hr counting all benefits
I would definitely say, if he gets his way, he's not overpaid.
I'd bet he gets a pay raise actually!

OP
OP

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I for sure think 40% is a no go. It is hard to justify saying no when you're okay giving an already over paid position a 40% raise. I believe that's the message they're trying to send. It's a Good talking point.
..I have to laugh when I read all these comments about over-paid positions...unless you ever work on an assembly line...building machinery..you have no idea what you're talking about...It's easy sitting on the couch watching the news and making dumb ass comments.Doing the same job for 8 hours is not easy...the monotony would drive most people to quit..

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..I have to laugh when I read all these comments about over-paid positions...unless you ever work on an assembly line...building machinery..you have no idea what you're talking about...It's easy sitting on the couch watching the news and making dumb ass comments.Doing the same job for 8 hours is not easy...the monotony would drive most people to quit..
Monotony isn't exclusive to assembly work. I didn't even make a stance one way or the other so I don't understand what makes my input qualify as a "Dumb ass comment." My father worked at the Ford plant. I don't think they'll get 40%. There's a reason they started at that number, which was the entire point of my comment.

Maybe heed your own title and don't insult people?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The people with the money are the greedy ones. It’s pretty clear.
Sponsored