Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you,
I’ll try again, nothing has changed as far as I know. The representative tried searching a couple of different ways but she seemed eager to tell me that she couldn’t find it. I’ll reach out to my dealer if another attempt doesn’t yield better results. Thanks again
Sponsored

BACKWOODS23

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright... 2023MY time!

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

I want to stress that the information in this post is
only valid for those taking delivery on a 2023MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2022MY Broncos nor will it be valid for a 2024MY Bronco.

ARE YOU TAKING DELIVERY OF A 2022MY?
You're in the wrong place. Check out the 2022MY Price Protection Thread.

IMPORTANT APRIL 10TH, 2023 UPDATES

On April 6th, 2023, Ford announced yet another round of price increases (thread), that, much like the February 10th, 2023 price increases and March 15th, 2023 price increases, has dramatically increased the complexity of price protection for 2023MY units, especially combined with the $2500 order transition offer that was introduced in mid-January 2023.

Due to the mid-year price increases, there is now two forms of price protection:
  • Model Year Transition Private Offer - This price protection is delivered via private offer certificates in Smart VINCENT under Pgm #38644. It is design to protect price increases for those who have been bump from the 2021/2022 model years to the 2023 model year.
    • Your price protection amount is determined by what you had on order as as of September 9th, 2022.
    • You and/or your dealer may decide to apply this certificate to the final selling of the Bronco, or may wait to receive a check from Ford.
  • Retail Price Protection - This price protection is automatic across all retail-ordered Ford vehicles, and is designed to protect you from any mid-year (within the 2023 model year) price increases Ford implements.
    • Feb 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to February 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of February 9th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Mar 15th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to March 15th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of March 14th, 2023.
      • If you change (or already changed) your order after this date, you may lose this protection if your body code changes. More information on that below.
    • Apr 10th, 2023
      • This protection is available to anyone who had an 2023MY order placed prior to April 10th, 2023.
      • The amount is based on what you had on order as of April 9th, 2023.
    • If you qualify for one or both of these price protections your dealer should take the amounts off the final selling price of the vehicle. However, some dealers have opted to wait until they are reimbursed by Ford before providing this price protection. Either way, you will NOT receive a check from Ford for Retail Price Protection, it comes from your dealer.
WINDOW STICKER INVOICE DATE INFO

The window sticker invoice date is effectively the date the assembly plant receives the order for scheduling. It is usually the same date the window sticker is generated—roughly a week before your scheduled build date. This date determines the price level of the vehicle, and therefore your eligibility for retail price protection.

1678888932104.png

For example, say a window sticker for a particular vehicle is generated and has an invoice date of February 2nd, with a build date of February 13th. Because that vehicle was invoiced by the assembly plant prior to the February 10th price increases, it will still have the original 2023MY pricing even though it was built after February 10th. In this example, the customer is not eligible for retail price protection, because there is nothing to protect.

BODY CODE BREAKDOWN

Body code is is a 3-character code used in Ford's ordering system. If you modify your order and change your body code, you will likely lose your Retail Price Protection. (You will not, however, lose your Model Year Transition Private Offer.)

On most Ford vehicles, the body code is roughly equivalent to trim level. On the Bronco, it is more complicated, as there are multiple possible body codes for each trim level. In general, you may trigger a body code change by changing any of the following:
  • Trim level
  • Number of doors
  • 4x4 transfer case
  • Equipment package
The Bronco's Body Codes are listed below:
  • E5A - 2-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5B - 4-door, part-time selectable 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5C - 2-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5D - 4-door, advanced 4x4 (multiple trims)
  • E5E - 4-door First Edition
  • E5F - 2-door First Edition
  • E5J - 4-door Raptor
  • E4C - 2-door Heritage
  • E4D - 4-door Heritage
  • E4E - 2-door Heritage Limited
  • E4G - 4-door Heritage Limited
Your current body code can be found at the top of your order summary sheet:

1681239108380.png

Again, if your body code changes, you will likely lose retail price protection.

Below are some examples of body code changes, which likely will cause you to lose Retail Price Protection. This is NOT a complete exhaustive list.
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from Base or Big Bend
  • Switching Wildtrak to Big Bend
  • Switching from Part-Time Selectable 4x4 to the Advanced 4x4 transfer case on Outer Banks
  • Switching from Big Bend to Heritage
  • Switching from 2-door to 4-door
And below are some examples of changes that do not change your body code. Again, this is not a complete list.
  • Switching from Wildtrak to Badlands
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Black Diamond order, but retaining the Advanced 4x4 option
  • Removing the Sasquatch package from your Badlands
  • Changing from the 2.3L engine to the 2.7L engine

FLOWCHART & PRICE TABLE

View attachment 494679

View attachment 494680

View attachment 494685

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Ordered two Broncos on Sept. 20, 2020. One was for my business and the other for personal. Walked through ordering a 21', 22' and finally a 23' for each. Took delivery of the first one in February. Window sticker and order matched and the price protection worked perfectly. Happy customer. The next one is now here. Order was revised to a 23' on October 27, 2022. MSRP $63,710. Bronco shows up and the sticker now say $67,470. Ford is telling the dealer there is no 2023 MY Retail Price Protection even though we check all the boxes above and also there will be no price protection for holding a reservation since Sept. 20, 2020 becasue it is one per household. Can anyone help to clarify why Ford after screwing this entire launch up would screw a customer after waiting 2 1/2 years. Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris

oceansol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to catch up.... my bronco arrives in days, but im not certain exactly what my final cost should be. Flow chart says i should read from column c, but do i just subtract column c from sticker?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to catch up.... my bronco arrives in days, but im not certain exactly what my final cost should be. Flow chart says i should read from column c, but do i just subtract column c from sticker?
Yes, everything on this flow chart and the tables is subtractions off of the window sticker price.

And the columns add together. So if the flow chart says “refer to column A” and then you proceed down the chart and later it says “refer to column C”… your total price protection amount is the Column A value plus the Column C value. Then that final amount is subtracted off the Window Sticker price.

Anyone currently receiving a 2023MY Bronco should have at least column A or column B, as everyone getting Broncos delivered today should be carry-over order holders.

(As the builds for post-March 27th, 2023 orders start arriving that’ll obviously change.)

oceansol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh wow! Thank you! So from what i understand, i have to make the dealer aware of these discounts, or will they make them? Or does ford send me cash?

Sponsored

oceansol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more question: tax and license fees will be based on the price-protected final cost of the vehicle?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more question: tax and license fees will be based on the price-protected final cost of the vehicle?
Depends on your state's laws—and I won't pretend to be familiar with all of the various state laws out there.

In some states the price protection certificate is considered to be "cash rebate" and therefore it gets applied after taxes/fees. In other states, it gets applied to the selling price, and therefore is applied before taxes/fees.

oceansol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on your state's laws—and I won't pretend to be familiar with all of the various state laws out there.

In some states the price protection certificate is considered to be "cash rebate" and therefore it gets applied after taxes/fees. In other states, it gets applied to the selling price, and therefore is applied before taxes/fees.
Ok, I'm in California, so I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope my dealer understands all this. So far they've been great to work with

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many pages to go back, yadda yadda, but has anyone had issues with Ford honoring hard top price protection? I realized last time I spoke with them they told me my total certificate amount would be $3,220 but that just covers the model year changes and not the MIC price increase. It’s been on my build since submitting my order for the 2nd time (once MOD was unavailable).

Ford said they can’t give my current certificate amount to me and only thing I can think of is I may have gotten the amount prior to hard top price increases.
It’s all clearly spelled out in the very first post in this thread.,

Sponsored

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these documents available somewhere to download?
Not publicly, no.

They were a part of a presentation that Ford live-streamed to the wider dealer community.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I'm trying to get as much "official" documentation as possible. When I last spoke with my dealer he stated, quite emphatically, that price protection does not cover any options. So I'm sure there will be push back on the Mod bumper, SAS, and MIC price increases.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gbur

Wildtrak
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone who had a fully loaded 2021 Wildtrak, did you actually get all the price protection?

2021 Wildtrak
Sas (incl)
Mod Front Bumper
Lux
MIC

I am looking at $8720 in pp based on this chart and I feel like I haven't seen anyone get anywhere close to that amount.

Wildtrak Base
$3620 (Increase in 9.22)
$1500 (Increase in 2.23)
$750 (Increase in 3.23)
Options
SAS - $750 (maybe I don't get this since its included in the Wildtrak Price?)
Lux - $750
MIC - $1200
Mod Bumper - $150

$8720 TOTAL ($7970 if the SAS doesn't count towards Wilktrak)

I just called Ford and they only have me down for the $3620 for the 2021 to 2022 increase, but non of the other SIX increases.

Price Protection Doc.png
Sponsored