Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking from experience living in an area that experiences 6 months of winter, KO2s are excellent in the winter. And summer, and rain and rock. And gravel. Sustained 80mph fine without excessive noise.

We also have had great service from Cooper AT3/ATW, though a 3/8" lag bolt killed one....
Hasn’t been my experience with them. When the temps drop below freezing they turn into hockey pucks.

But if you enjoy them that’s awesome. Personally, I’ll stick with a dedicated winter tire.
Sponsored

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A lot of really good tires out these days. Generals, Falkens, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, Nitto etc. I ran several sets of 37” Toyo M/Ts on my F250 with no issues. In my mind the best M/T tire. I also ran a set of 37” Toyo R/Ts on that truck that we’re great as well. On my Ram 2500 I went with a set of 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. None of these tires did I have issues with them in the rain. For the wife’s Bronco I went with a set of 35/12.50r17 Nitto Recon Grapplers.
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 0446F089-788A-4D51-AF27-C23FE1AC4AA9
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 1C143774-15CE-4B99-B567-F04B9FE86FA7
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 7E2E5F0B-49EC-4813-AA8F-6342B2119BF6

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of really good tires out these days. Generals, Falkens, Mickey Thompson, Toyo, Nitto etc. I ran several sets of 37” Toyo M/Ts on my F250 with no issues. In my mind the best M/T tire. I also ran a set of 37” Toyo R/Ts on that truck that we’re great as well. On my Ram 2500 I went with a set of 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Mine if these did I have issues with them in the rain. For the wife’s Bronco I went with a set of 35/12.50r17 Nitto Recon Grapplers.
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 7E2E5F0B-49EC-4813-AA8F-6342B2119BF6
Those tires look perfect…for your F-250. 125 load index tires are rated for 3638# each, are you planning on using just two on the wife’s Bronco?

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those tires look perfect…for your F-250. 125 load index tires are rated for 3638# each, are you planning on using just two on the wife’s Bronco?
It sure would save me some money. Just run a lower tire pressure to help with small bump compliance.

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't read through the entire thread, but something I learned from my street racing days, and from several friends with off-road rigs, never beer buy Nittos tires. They're junk. Complete garbage.

I also drove a truck with a decent pair of BFG's on them, probably 60% tread but maybe 3ish years old and they were absolute trash in the snow. I actually stopped and got out at one point because I thought I was driving on bald tires. 🤷

I personally have Fallen Wildpeaks on my beater and a set waiting to go on the Bronco. They're one of the best reviewed tires you can get.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't read through the entire thread, but something I learned from my street racing days, and from several friends with off-road rigs, never beer buy Nittos tires. They're junk. Complete garbage.

I also drove a truck with a decent pair of BFG's on them, probably 60% tread but maybe 3ish years old and they were absolute trash in the snow. I actually stopped and got out at one point because I thought I was driving on bald tires. 🤷

I personally have Fallen Wildpeaks on my beater and a set waiting to go on the Bronco. They're one of the best reviewed tires you can get.
I loved the Nitto NT01s on the track - they stuck like glue and were very communicative. By far the best track tire I ran.
The bad that I've heard on Nittos is that they wear quicker than others. That is a plus for me (they're stickier). I've run Ridge Grapplers on my F150 and they work great - very stable in rain, snow, & slush.
I've had several sets of BFGs but the last set had belt separation (all 4 tires).
YMMV

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went from the 255/70r18 Dueller AT's to the 285/70r17 KO2's on my Wrangler. I was really amazed with the tires. No apprciable drop in mpgs, and the road noise is no more than the Duellers. The surprising thing was they do not pick up small stones anymore than the AT's either. My drive is covered with the very small blue stone, and the KO's do not pick up many at all. The drive, and ride of the Jeep was unchanged, and they handle wet roads just fine.

Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 100_5385.JPG

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
KO2 are excellent for most conditions. They last a LONG time on road, and are relatively quiet. Off road they work great in everything but deep mud. The voids are so tight, and there are so many grippy little edges that they get packed and turn into slicks. No amount of throttle can clean them out enough to get more bite. Other than that they are great tires!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that middle photo looks like he's literally parked on ice... I agree on your comment of what's available at the time.
yes the parking lot has lots of ice patches.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree here.

Run Nitto RG's on F350 and are a great tire. No issues. Went with MT Baja AT's on Bronco. Terrific so far. Awesome in snow. Cheaper than Nitto RG's(if $300+ for tire is cheaper), made in USA, triple peak rated. Both hybrid tires but Nittos would be considered more aggressive tread. Good luck.
MT is made by Cooper Tires

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KO2 are excellent for most conditions. They last a LONG time on road, and are relatively quiet. Off road they work great in everything but deep mud. The voids are so tight, and there are so many grippy little edges that they get packed and turn into slicks. No amount of throttle can clean them out enough to get more bite. Other than that they are great tires!
I noticed the Ko2's ride a bit harsher on road than some other AT's I have owned like Cooper's.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

E rated tires are heavy and hard, they are designed for the weight of a 3/4+ ton truck. Many will say to run them with a lower tire pressure, but you can’t change the construction of the tire with air pressure. E won’t have as much traction in wet at the same air pressure due to the harder rubber and thicker construction. They don’t conform to trail obstacles as well, and they ride harder on the street. Some here love the heavy duty aspect, the sidewalls on E are stronger, but you pay for that durability.
This is 100% true. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2500 RAM and I run them at 45 front and 40 rear. They're heavy tires with really good hard rubber for lots of miles. Trade off is they aren't a good tire for conforming to the trail, they lower mileage considerably, they feel sluggish and steering is definitely slower as is braking and acceleration. Wet weather performance is weak even on a truck that weighs 8K lbs. I wouldn't recommend them unless you don't mind a significant change in performance and how loud they are after the first year or two. Because they will get louder as they age.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You didn't mention the Nitto Terra Grappler G2. They manufacturer in alot of difference sizes of this tire. A good option especially if you plan to log a bunch of road miles. Comes with a treadwear warranty. On that note BFG doesn't offer a treadwear warranty on the Ko2. I'm going with the G2's on mine.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big disconnect where some say they are horrible in the rain, and others say they are great. I like they way they look so i’ma go with the Florida boys on this one.
Yes they look great, but they don't work as good as they look. Good luck with your choice.

Bigdawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with Ko2’s from a local Ford Dealership. They had a deal going on buy 4 tires get 1 free. Plus I had the OBX rims painted yesterday !

A74D2C65-EF78-4014-A361-D9311295C21B.jpeg
Sponsored