Sponsored

UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

here I just went out and made a quick video .. stopping and going several times, the start stop symbol with line through can clearly be seen when the car is stopped and when the car is driving the start stop symbol with the line goes away. The regular button to turn the stop start feature off is not illuminated. The reason the start stop symbol with the line comes on when you are stopped is that it means it’s deactivated and that feature will not work (or shut the engine off ). I have never reactivated it . The only way to reinstall the start stop feature is to go to your main screen (where radio is ) and do the factory reset.
This proved nothing because it doesn't demonstrate that while the conditions to auto stop start as listed above were met that it said that the system is disabled. Only when hitting the button or possibly with the auto start stop eliminator should it say auto stop start disabled by switch/ user, otherwise it will eventually auto stop start when the correct conditions are met. Not stopping for a fraction of a second so it won't activate etc.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when you first did it, did it say “deactivated by the user”?
Didn’t pay attention, I guess. I did exactly what he did in the video… and it didn’t shut off on my initial drive, but it did on the second drive.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t pay attention, I guess. I did exactly what he did in the video… and it didn’t shut off on my initial drive, but it did on the second drive.
idk But it works for me

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to argue about it. Go try it and see if it works. I’m for sure going to try it. I hate it.
make sure you have your system updates on ...I don’t recall seeing this feature before when I first got my Bronco. But the start stop section is on there now.

Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. E8F626DA-EFFF-4387-98CD-3E5F56B732BC

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
nope ..when you put it in drive and start down the street the symbol with the line in it disappears, when you come to a stop the symbol with the line comes on (because it’s disabled) .
Mine normally doesn't engage much with the doors off or in certain modes or with the AC on.
I think you should field test this a little more in different conditions.

Sponsored

jgmason75

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No it’s not bud. The only reason it’s still disabled is because you haven’t met the requirements of the auto start stop system. You have to go over 2.5 mph for more than 2 seconds in drive, which you didn’t do in this video. You clearly don’t understand how the system works.
Ford Bronco UPDATE: How to Permanently deactivate your Bronco Auto Start-Stop through the dash for free. E8F626DA-EFFF-4387-98CD-3E5F56B732BC
Anyone else's auto start/stop kick in while their AC is on? This says it shouldn't but with it so hot I've come to red lights with the AC on and then i don't notice its not on until I start to get hot.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone else's auto start/stop kick in while their AC is on? This says it shouldn't but with it so hot I've come to red lights with the AC on and then i don't notice its not on until I start to get hot.
It says may not. There are still circumstances where it can.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine normally doesn't engage much with the doors off or in certain modes or with the AC on.
I think you should field test this a little more in different conditions.
yes ..I just went to Ford dealer and updated this post. Had tech look at it and he said it probably was sequencing issue when deactivated through the screen when the doors are off ..said it shouldn’t be like that but didn’t surprise him. But mine stays deactivated even after I put the doors back on.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Auto Start/Stop Eliminator......best $100 bucks I've spent so far.
Sponsored