First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure they reached out to me today to sell it to me for 15K over MSRP. They are very shady, as first person told me the price was MSRP and then later tell me it's 15K over.
Sponsored

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably just saved yourself future headaches.
These vehicles aren't really that great.
More of a fun toy that's eventually going to break or rot out.
Everyone is in the glamorous phase right now because they own the hot commodity.
The vehicle is honestly not that great, nor worth the wait.

Those that paid over MSRP, their lost.

Good luck on everything moving forward.
I think it’s a bucket of fun to drive, and I haven’t even made it off the pavement yet! Plus, the 2.3 and 2.7 have been in a bunch of other vehicles, and this is based on the existing Ranger platform. I’m long on reliability as a keeper.

I agree that you shouldn’t buy a Bronco to be trendy, but it offers a lot of nice features in one package with the 7MT, winter/off roading capability, convertible top, vinyl seats/washout floors, etc. I’ve found it to be pretty practical so far for me and my family as the four door is decent sized.

Oasis86

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang, and I was ticked off a few years ago, after a dealer tried slipping a $400 VIN Etching charge into my sales contract. They offered to drop it to $200. I told them make it $0 and you have a deal, lol. That was before COVID though.

It's amazing the amount of money being spent, and the amount of aggravation and lack of fun that money is buying with this kind of malarkey. 4k protective coating!?

I'm wondering what else they'll try to pull on pickup day...

like you said the amount of aggravation and theyre sucking the fun out of this experience.

Unfortunately they have me reconsidering this purchase now...im not sure what to do.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering what else they'll try to pull on pickup day...

like you said the amount of aggravation and theyre sucking the fun out of this experience.

Unfortunately they have me reconsidering this purchase now...im not sure what to do.
I would start by calling Ford Bronco support and telling them what your situation is. And that you don’t know what to do about your order. Try to demand that they call the dealer and ask for a purchase agreement. May or may not actually help you but at least they should hear about it. Here’s their number: 1-800-334-4375

Sponsored

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, that's mine....le sigh.
It's listed on the website with the MSRP, and they have 13 other Bronco's? I work just up the pond from you in Milwaukee, WI and I have seen a grand total of 3 Bronco's on the road?

Oasis86

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would start by calling Ford Bronco support and telling them what your situation is. And that you don’t know what to do about your order. Try to demand that they call the dealer and ask for a purchase agreement. May or may not actually help you but at least they should hear about it. Here’s their number: 1-800-334-4375
Thanks I appreciate that.

A woman i spoke to last month said MSRP from Ford support. The lady today says "thats between you and your dealer"

Then the other dealer i spoke to told me he's heard about this and there's really not much you can do as the buyer. He told me "i'd tell you worse stories than the 4k mark up but don't want to give you nightmares"

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I appreciate that.

A woman i spoke to last month said MSRP from Ford support. The lady today says "thats between you and your dealer"

Then the other dealer i spoke to told me he's heard about this and there's really not much you can do as the buyer. He told me "i'd tell you worse stories than the 4k mark up but don't want to give you nightmares"
Yeah I guess that’s not surprising… I called them a while ago just to complain about all the dealership crap going on. It hasn’t happened to me… yet. I’m still waiting endlessly. Anyway at the time they suggested they would make a note of my complaint and could try to step in if necessary. Though without any guarantees. Anyway, it’s a ridiculous way to buy a car. Or anything for that matter. Only real option is to bail on Ford I guess.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So needless to say I'm feeling pretty dejected at the moment. I thought I did everything correctly (in hindsight I know I missed something) and what Ford suggested to get a Bronco. But at the end of the day, not only am I not getting my Bronco, the dealer was straight up rude and told me they wouldn't even sell to me at their markup.

Here's the full story. I had a reservation, later than many of you and I went with Granger. I think it was around May 15, 2021. I knew I'd be far down the list. Granger thought I'd maybe get one around Q2/3 of 20222. That was fine by me. As we all know, Ford then changed allocation formulas and Granger let us know it was going to severely impact them. I wouldn't be getting a Bronco from them until probably 2025. So I did what Ford and Mike Levine told people in my position. I looked for a high volume dealer and I made a build that was less constrained (dropped the MIC top). I went to Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL. First thing I asked, are there any ADMs because I won't pay them. They said no, all custom orders are at MSRP. So built out my order. I asked for a purchase agreement and I was told they didn't really have anything like that they could give me. So I had them print out the order sheet, wrote out I'll pay MSRP plus tax, title and license. I had a sales manager sign in. I asked if I needed to put down a deposit or reservation and they said no. This was October 20th or so and it was when reservations weren't available but I could go into the dealer to order. The guy taking my order was very clueless but I asked a few times about putting money down but he told me I didn't need to. They placed the order, I had the signed order confirmation and thought I was good.

I was in the 2/8 build week and it got pushed due to the MAP closure. It was built with an EDD of 3/11. Well this past weekend on Saturday they called saying it was in. I was pumped. I needed to move money to my checking to write out the down payment check so I said I couldn't come in until monday. I spent the day getting the garage ready for the second car. Today I had my wife drop me off at the dealer. The salesman took me to see it and it was sweet. An Eruption Green Badlands. I was picking it up around 5pm so the sun was making that paint look like everything I'd hoped it was. Took it out for a drive and it was great. I was so pumped. We go in and get started on paperwork. You already know where this is going....

They tell me most cars are getting a 7.5k Market Adjustment. And they're only adding 5k to my Bronco. I immediately said I wouldn't be paying that. I rehashed that it was literally the first thing I asked and that I had the signed price of MSRP. So the salesman walks off and comes back giving me the runaround of how they have to do it in this market. Offers to come down 2.5k. Again I tell him I'm not doing it. I have signed stuff showing I'm paying MSRP. So then someone else comes over and I just keep getting the run around on this market, blah blah blah. You guys know all the spin they try to use. Finally after they see the photos of the signed paperwork he disappeared for awhile. Comes back and tells me it's 5k more. Take it or leave it. Their main reasoning was that I did not place a deposit on it. So nothing was binding. Even though I said multiple times, I asked if I needed to put money down and was told no. Not to mention, it shouldn't be on me to do your job. It's something you should have asked/taken care of. I want to preface with I did not yell, swear, threaten or act like a fool. But at this point I was most definitely raising my voice but it was not screaming by any means. Again they told me take it or leave it. I continued to press "what good is signed documentation from you for my custom order and now you will not honor it?" At that point someone else walked over and told me to leave. So in an effort to bide time so they wouldn't try to sell my car right away, I said "Fine, I'll go home and talk to my finance company to see if I can take out more for the ADM". I was still not intending on paying it, after I walked out the guy that told me to leave said "Don't bother talking to your finance company. We're not selling you this car for any price". I asked "you changed the price on me and I'm visibly upset. I didn't yell at you or anyone else but you kicked me out of your store and now you won't sell to me even if I paid the 5k markup"? He said "Yep, I don't want the bad press or to have to deal with you". And that was it. As I was waiting for my Uber to get me they were putting my Bronco in one of those 'marquee' spots right in front next to the main road. I know they were thrilled about this. They'll probably mark it up 15-20k now.

I tweeted at Mike Levine and @Ford but haven't heard anything yet. Honestly with them throwing me out of their dealership I wouldn't even expect this to somehow be resolved. I'm pretty crushed. I know lots of people that have been waiting longer than I have are fed up but still waiting. I hope you guys all get your vehicles and it's a smooth process. But at this point, I'm so soured on the whole thing. I'm going to chill for a few days but I don't think I want to start at the back of the line again so I might just be looking at another manufacturer. I thought I did everything they (Ford and Mr Levine) suggested to get a Bronco as quickly as possible and without hidden fees but I still got screwed.
Dude - this is by far the worst story ive heard on here. I hope you make them pay…

Oasis86

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I guess that’s not surprising… I called them a while ago just to complain about all the dealership crap going on. It hasn’t happened to me… yet. I’m still waiting endlessly. Anyway at the time they suggested they would make a note of my complaint and could try to step in if necessary. Though without any guarantees. Anyway, it’s a ridiculous way to buy a car. Or anything for that matter. Only real option is to bail on Ford I guess.
Ya, its the car market period right now.

I do have a deposit down on a Rivian too haha

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see Yelp shutdown reviews to the Dealership

phocion